Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,033 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:01 AM

Life Is Too Short To Be Anything But Happy - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Life Is Too Short To Be Anything But Happy (782 Views)

Explanation To The Poem "Life Is A Freekick" / Life Is Short (no Pun Intended) - Ebook / Life Is Too Short To Be Anything But Happy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Life Is Too Short To Be Anything But Happy by opeyemmyazeez(f): 5:01pm On Jan 05, 2015
I am writing this article with a heavy heart because a brother,a friend and a kind hearted man just had an accident. Presently, we are praying for his recovery and this really motivates me to write this article. By this time yesterday he didn’t know this was going to happen to him. He is just a normal happy person just like everyone else trying to figure out what the future holds for him.

I often ask myself this question and I haven’t really find a genuine answer to it, why do bad things happen to good people? This is the kind of question I have been asking people close to me which most of them haven’t figure out the answer. life is too ironic to understand it. Sometimes, it takes sadness to understand happiness, absence to value presence and noise to appreciate silence. Life is too short to be anything but happy; you might be going through a very difficult time, just be happy because life is too short. Things happen for a reason and God knows best. Whatever the situation you are in right now; be it financial setback, health issues and all other sort of challenges, just be happy because life is too short. And we never know when this life is going to end.

Knowing you are going to die is going to change your thoughts significantly but dying changes everything. There is this common adage that says “when there is life there is still hope” but when you are dead there is no hope whatsoever. Everything changes in a twinkle of an eye, so be happy for everything you have in life. For example, somebody with Huntington disease or Parkinson disease or the latest epidemic in West Africa, Ebola virus that killed within few weeks. When someone has the symptoms of Ebola there is a high probability that the person is going to die because currently there is no cure for the virus. However, some people have survived the virus in West Africa.

Unfortunately, my brother that had the accident died. It’s not like I haven’t lost anyone close to me before but not this close. I lost a rare gem, his death has really changed the way I think and the way I view life and things around me in a good way.

Different things happen within seconds, be it good or bad, you can talk to a person on phone within seconds and in the next seconds the person can be dead. For another example, you might be talking to a friend or a colleague and the person may die instantly in front of you in the next minute. Savor each moment you spend with people who cares about you with joy and happiness. Say good words to them, make them feel worthy and important, do it sincerely and genuinely, because that might just be the last time you will see them or hear their voice. So that your last memory of them won’t be that you are quarreling or fighting with each other.

This recent event to a brother has made me to think twice, is this all what life has to offer? I mean this guy hasn’t got married yet, he just got a new job two months before he died,and this has really given me more enthusiasm to make some decision I was afraid to make before. After all, I have nothing to loose and am not ashamed because in the end we are all going to die and no one is getting out of this world alive…

In short, life is too short to be miserable about yourself or feel guilty about something because some people never got the chance to breath or say beautiful words to their loved ones and here you are still breathing in the air of life, hale and healthy not in an hospital bed hooked up with different kinds of machine to breath. My dear readers, you have a lot to be thankful for and a lot to be happy for.

Certainly, I’m trying to figure out the next step in life like everyone else. For everything God has done in my life, I’m grateful and I am happy even when everything is not going on as planned because “LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO BE ANYTHING BUT HAPPY”

(1) (Reply)

My Encounter With The Fake TT Girl / Valentine:the Morning After / FREEDOM IN Love(an Inspiration Of Hidden Love)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.