Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,910 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:30 PM

10 Reasons Why General Buhari May Not Be The Messiah We Need. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 10 Reasons Why General Buhari May Not Be The Messiah We Need. (641 Views)

Vanguard: Buhari May Take Over From Osibanjo On Monday / Buhari May Not Be Sworn In If.....dr Moshood Fayemiwo / General Buhari Pic When He Was In Secondary School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Reasons Why General Buhari May Not Be The Messiah We Need. by oluwagream: 5:30pm On Jan 05, 2015
To all the APC e-thugs, I'm not a PDP warrior lol. And To the PDP Warriors, I'm not a sympathizer. I'm just a NIGERIAN, which is difficult for most of us to admit these days, as a result of our political interests.

Let me just go straight to the points.

1. He's not a man of his word:

One thing most of the APC defectors have always held against GEJ is the fact that "He is not a man of his word" . Ok, let's assume that its true that GEJ promised not to contest again in 2015, what can we say about GMB, Who came out publicly to promise not to contest after 2011? I leave you to ponder on this

2. His "holier than thou" attitude is suspicious. Why must he always come out to preach about his holiness at all times? It looks hypocritical to me..

3. Lack of Outside-Power achievement:
He has not achieved anything since 1984, when he was kicked out of power effortlessly by IBB, please can anyone of us point to a singular achievement that GMB has been able to do? "A man who thinks he can only achieve anything through political power, may never achieve anything, with or without it"

4. He is too old.(Excuse my cliche).:
I wonder why no one is paying attention to this. GMB is 72 years old, Why should Nigeria, with 65% population under 28 want such a leader? After they enter, they will spend all our money on Health check-ups and the likes abroad. Even Jonathan, who is 20 years younger than GMB looks 68 already, as a result of the unprecedented complexity of ruling a country as big as Nigeria. Is this not another "Yar'adua in disguise?" Let Elder Statesmen Remain Elder statesmen.

5. He's a ethnocentric politician, who only garnered few love in the south west, by the virtue of ACN/CPC merger. Buhari has always been a Boko Haram apologist. One way or the other, the APC always have a conspiracy theory which states that GEJ is systematically killing northerners. This has done nothing to reduce the crisis, infact, it has formed a basis for recruiting boko haramites, who have been brainwashed with this deadly "conspiracy theory"

6. He has an history of Inciting his followers. You all know what I'm talking about so, let's move on to...
7. He hopes to ride on the back of "bandwagon"youths, who are everywhere screaming "Sai Buhari' even when they don't know the meaning. During his tenure, he never did anything to better the future of the youths, which he was part of then. I wonder who he's going to represent this time around, pensioners?

8. His only political asset is "Integrity":
This is laughable. This shows the level of moral decadence in nigeria, where integrity is the most valuable trait. What of leadership, visionary, consistency? etc?

9. If Jonathan is a "weakling", who is he?
At least, Jonathan has been able to uphold our democratic life for 5 years. Buhari interrupted a democracy in 1983, and lost power in just 12 month. How many month will he be able to hold on to power this Time? Do the maths,(and please factor his age into your maths too)

10 His Political Party is PDP's Recycle Bin.
Its obvious. From the chairman, to few other chieftains, APC is full of PDP politicians who fell out of favour with the presidency, hence their desperation. How will a party, which claims to be law abiding, threaten to form a parallel government if the election is rigged? Now HOW WILL APC DEFINE RIGGING? This question will only be answered after the election and the events that will follow.

Maybe its time to look further than these two candidates. Sincerely, there's no "CHANGE" in the picture of these twos
I just wonder where other candidates are

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Reasons Why General Buhari May Not Be The Messiah We Need. by Jboy8844(m): 5:31pm On Jan 05, 2015
Village Goat!

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why General Buhari May Not Be The Messiah We Need. by mokaflex(m): 5:39pm On Jan 05, 2015
There are 100million reasons why GEJ should return to otuoke. Vote GMB. Hit like if you agree.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why General Buhari May Not Be The Messiah We Need. by Fabdedon(m): 5:57pm On Jan 05, 2015
He who the cap fits should wear it properly !
All we need is change !

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why General Buhari May Not Be The Messiah We Need. by collinsy2: 6:08pm On Jan 05, 2015
Eleii gidigan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why General Buhari May Not Be The Messiah We Need. by oluwagream: 6:24pm On Jan 05, 2015
Thank you sir. cheesy cheesy cheesy. But haba, you self contribute to the topic of discussion na.
Jboy8844:
Village Goat!

(1) (Reply)

Dana Air Wishes You A Love-filled Valentine's Day! / Buy Cheap Internet/mobile Browsing Data Plans For Etisalat And Mtn. / A

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.