Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,110 members, 7,811,124 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:45 AM

The ''dislike'' Button. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The ''dislike'' Button. (1470 Views)

Suggestion To Change The SHARE Button To DISLIKE Button / Facebook Just Got A Dislike Button / NAIRALAND To Introduce A "Dislike Button" Soon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The ''dislike'' Button. by theunusualmoon(m): 8:05am On Jan 06, 2015
Hello Mr Seun, how has the new year been?
Can you please make the ''dislike' button available.
Having only the ''like'' button is like having a country without a democracy.
Thanks.
Re: The ''dislike'' Button. by jingh(f): 8:19am On Jan 06, 2015
y like a post in d first place if you don't really love it.
stop liking post if you want unlike button

2 Likes

Re: The ''dislike'' Button. by blenyo11(m): 8:32am On Jan 06, 2015
theunusualmoon:
Hello Mr Seun, how has the new year been?
Can you please make the ''unlike' button available.
Having only the ''like'' button is like having a country without a democracy.
Thanks.

If the unlike button where to be here, I would have actually used it to unlike this your post angry

3 Likes

Re: The ''dislike'' Button. by theunusualmoon(m): 8:39am On Jan 06, 2015
blenyo11:

If the unlike button where to be here, I would have actually used it to unlike this your post angry
Good! That makes it evident that I am not the only one that needs the button.....
Re: The ''dislike'' Button. by theunusualmoon(m): 8:42am On Jan 06, 2015
jingh:
y like a post in d first place if you don't really love it.
stop liking post if you want unlike button
please be broadminded.The unlike button is not solely for liking a post and then unliking it afterwards like you think.It is also for expressing dislike......In other words,whilst you are busy liking a post for reasons best known to you others will also dislike the post or comment for reasons best known to them.....This feature is on major sites.
Re: The ''dislike'' Button. by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jan 10, 2015
theunusualmoon:

please be broadminded.The unlike button is not solely for liking a post and then unliking it afterwards like you think.It is also for expressing dislike......In other words,whilst you are busy liking a post for reasons best known to you others will also dislike the post or comment for reasons best known to them.....This feature is on major sites.

Seun is a business man,doing So would discourage people from posting comments. Bad for business.

2 Likes

Re: The ''dislike'' Button. by theunusualmoon(m): 9:08pm On Jan 10, 2015
Dapo777:

Seun is a business man,doing So would discourage people from posting comments. Bad for business.
You are right. I had a feeling too that that was the case.
Re: The ''dislike'' Button. by Seun(m): 10:26pm On Jan 10, 2015
Dapo777:
It's also bad for the mood of Nairaland members. There is no fun in being penalized because some anonymous fellow disagreed with you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The ''dislike'' Button. by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jan 10, 2015
hmmmmm
Re: The ''dislike'' Button. by haibe(m): 10:43pm On Jan 10, 2015
Seun:
It's also bad for the mood of Nairaland members. There is no fun in being penalized because some anonymous fellow disagreed with you.
or better still, remove the like of a thing and put the thumbs up or thumbs down sign similar to play store and some forums. Also put a 'like' meter of one's total likes either in his profile or beside every of his post, similar to xda Developers forum. This are two things I suggest because I know they will improve things or make things more interesting.
Re: The ''dislike'' Button. by Seun(m): 10:54pm On Jan 10, 2015
haibe:
or better still, remove the like of a thing
People like this like of a thing.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The ''dislike'' Button. by haibe(m): 10:58pm On Jan 10, 2015
Seun:
People like this like of a thing.
Sure people do like it, i like it too but i prefer having both the positive and the negative. There are two suggestions in that post btw. The option of the like meter isn't a bad idea.
Re: The ''dislike'' Button. by haibe(m): 11:06pm On Jan 10, 2015
Dapo777:

I understand seun is a biz man but the fact is that for every comment u make, u should expect likers and dislikers. It's normal, at least one person would dislike ur post. So it will.be ridiculous not to post comment because some people will dislike your post, that is bound to happen. While some dislike it, others will like it.
Re: The ''dislike'' Button. by am0s(m): 11:22pm On Jan 10, 2015
ummm
Re: The ''dislike'' Button. by donstevico(m): 11:30pm On Jan 10, 2015
dislike botton would be nice.but even Facebook has thought of this and they came to the conclusion that its pointless. if you dislike a persons post just qoute the person and correct him or state your own opinion regarding that issue.

2 Likes

Re: The ''dislike'' Button. by xpac01(m): 4:49am On Jan 12, 2015
donstevico:
dislike botton would be nice.but even Facebook has thought of this and they came to the conclusion that its pointless. if you dislike a persons post just qoute the person and correct him or state your own opinion regarding that issue.
Very right bro. Even me, from mere reading the suggestive post, i began praying it doesn't work. It'll definitely cause people like me to stop posting frequently on topics, which will definitely hamper the fun and traffic... *I comment for the Likes*

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nokia Mail And Nokia Chat Powered By Yahoo Will Be Discontinued On March 9, 2015 / How Can One Download Pictures From This Site To Phone Using Opera Mini. / Who Can Solve This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.