Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,339 members, 7,815,675 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:22 PM

A Brain Cracking Puzzle For Geniuses - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / A Brain Cracking Puzzle For Geniuses (3489 Views)

Brain Cracking Riddle / A Funny Puzzle / Brain Cracking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Brain Cracking Puzzle For Geniuses by xuleimanabbas: 4:22am On Jan 07, 2015
I hv sleepless nites trying to unravel this and it just dawn on me dat we have brains here n I v decided to share it wt us

Re: A Brain Cracking Puzzle For Geniuses by Unionised(m): 5:42am On Jan 07, 2015
Possible Answer 1:

She removes the horizontal matchstick from H so that it becomes 1 1.

Which will make it look like 110 TEL.

So it could be that she will call (telephone him at 11 0 Clock) or she will tell him the reason at 11 O clock.

Possible Answer 2:

She removes the horizontal matchstick from T so that it becomes l.

The boy reads it upside down so it can be 7310H…..Probably to say that she was there but was in room no. 7310 in the hotel.

Or she was there at 7:31 (May be later than the decided time)

Possible Answer No. 3

Now this 2 cases go with the riddle, if we are allowed to rearrange the letters and maintain the number of matchsticks as 15, there’s one more possibility.

The girl removed one matchstick from the letter O and rearranged the three matchsticks into letter A which makes the word HOTEL into HATEL.

Then the girl put the matchstick into the letter L to form the letter U which transformed HATEL into HATEU or HATE U which is the precise answer of the girl to the boy.

Possible Answer No. 4

She rearranges the horizontal matchstick to diagonal to make it look like N.

Which would make it “NOTEL”

So probably her parents said NO (No-Tell)

Google, My Good Friend since university days grin
Re: A Brain Cracking Puzzle For Geniuses by adebisiema(m): 9:52am On Jan 07, 2015
Unionised:
Possible Answer 1:

She removes the horizontal matchstick from H so that it becomes 1 1.

Which will make it look like 110 TEL.

So it could be that she will call (telephone him at 11 0 Clock) or she will tell him the reason at 11 O clock.

Possible Answer 2:

She removes the horizontal matchstick from T so that it becomes l.

The boy reads it upside down so it can be 7310H…..Probably to say that she was there but was in room no. 7310 in the hotel.

Or she was there at 7:31 (May be later than the decided time)

Possible Answer No. 3

Now this 2 cases go with the riddle, if we are allowed to rearrange the letters and maintain the number of matchsticks as 15, there’s one more possibility.

The girl removed one matchstick from the letter O and rearranged the three matchsticks into letter A which makes the word HOTEL into HATEL.

Then the girl put the matchstick into the letter L to form the letter U which transformed HATEL into HATEU or HATE U which is the precise answer of the girl to the boy.

Possible Answer No. 4

She rearranges the horizontal matchstick to diagonal to make it look like N.

Which would make it “NOTEL”

So probably her parents said NO (No-Tell)

Google, My Good Friend since university days grin

Choi!! U bad oo, u solved it as if the question cheap.
*Removes my "NY" cap for u*

(1) (Reply)

36 States Of Nigeria And Their New Slogan / Write In Less Than 6 Words The Funniest Scariest Story / Photo: Spiderman Spotted In Ibadan Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.