Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,240 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:36 AM

Misconception Of Salat Tarawih: Bid'a or Sunnah? - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Misconception Of Salat Tarawih: Bid'a or Sunnah? (5672 Views)

The Issue Of Shortening Salah (salat-ul Qasr) During NYSC Camp / Ramadan Check: Tarawih Is Bid'ah (innovation) / Muslim Divers Observing Salat(prayer) Under The Sea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Misconception Of Salat Tarawih: Bid'a or Sunnah? by sino(m): 12:23am On Jan 11, 2015
AlBaqir:
@Sino,
1. I found the view of Sheik Ibn Taymiyyah quite interesting and amusing sometimes. However, as usual the sheik is not consistent with his wording in the desperation to cover Umar's "Bid'ah".

Just as Ibn Taymiyyah opined, my firm believe is: Its either something is Bid'ah or its not Bid'ah (provided there's a support for it in the Shari'ah) if we are to go by the word "ALL BID'AH" (kulun bid'ah) just like "kulun Nafs dha'iqatil mawt (ALL NAFS will die).

On the other hands, anything good and praiseworthy even if prophet did not practice it will come under "good innovation". That's why I didn't fault "tarawih" .

Other issues: desperation that prophet 'led' the sahaba in the alleged tarawih has already been dealt with at the OP. One thing I was expecting from your quoting of Sheik Ibn Taymiyyah is his argument of Umar being one of the "khulafau Rashidun" thereby sheik used that to validate his Bid'a of Tarawih. All in all, try again later.

2. Sinooooooooooo grin What's the meaning of CRITICISM as against CURSING?

Criticize: Indicate the faults of someone
Curse: An appeal or prayer for EVIL or misfortune to befall someone

So there's absolutely fault which you simply don't want to admit in that translation. Even if you were to use the word "ABUSE", it still doesn't = CRITICIZE.

3. Interestingly you asked me to name sahaba that innovate grin and probably with the chain list of their innovations grin

*Prophet told you some among them will innovate and he will disown them on the day of judgment. You said its Ghayb grin

* A Sahabi confirmed THEY innovated after the demise of the prophet. You said no grin

* Allah Himself CURSED the Munafiqs among the sahaba in the Qur'an. Yet you said no grin

* Prophet also cursed some Munafiq's sahaba who plotted to assassinate him. Yet no grin

* Even one of your Sheik (Ibn Taymiyyah) CURSED the killers of Imam Hussain (as) and the ahl al-Bayt of the Prophet (peace be upon him and his household); and many many of your books listed the names of these murderers and there are names of sahaba among them.

Infact, your scholars need to redefine the word "Sahaba" because it doesn't fit every tom, dick and harry.

Your books confirm sahaba who used to drink alcohol, fornicate (adultery) etc yet if a Shi'a criticize, you cry foul. It is even an insult to righteous sahaba when you say "Radi'Allahu anhum ajmain". Allah clearly distinguish between goodness and evil.

Sino, its a lost case except we are simply being trying to be polite.

4. As per the hadith of al-Bara ibn Azib and his confession.
Abdullah ibn Abbas (RA) was crying bitterly one day (towards the end of his life). And he was asked why? He said "tell me a single practice the prophet left that has not been tampered with today"

The person said "as-Salat". Ibn Abbas was reported to have looked at him and said "Even that has been corrupted".
{Citation and ref. In sha Allah will come forth}

So it is funny when you said what al-Bara b. Azib intended as per "Bid'a" is not something pertaining to Deen. If you believe sahaba are fallible, then why protecting at all cost? Like I said earlier, we can only keep mute for courtesy sake.

For brevity and not to derail I wouldn't cite any example.

5. Sino, all your submissions to protect "Tarawih" or equate it to "Tahajjud" is null and void as far as Qur'an and Sunnah clearly defined Tahajjud, the timing, the number of rakah etc.

The hadith of Abu Hurairah you cited, I have told you whatever they are praying that night is GOOD but its definitely not Tahajjud. Take it or leave that's the plain truth, and you can see desperation of Sunni world trying to match-make.

6. As per your insistence on narration on No. of Rakah for prophet's Tahajjud, is the narration of Aisha not sufficient? The onus is on you to research what your Ulama says on that hadith or on the numbers of Tahajjud Rakah.

As per Umar's 20 rakah. I'm a bit disappointed brother. 8 vs 20? Yet you are telling me "does he make it obligatory? My point is to expose the lies that Tarawih is the same Tahajjud. Period.

You've known my aqeedah pertaining non-obligatory acts. If you like pray 1000 rakah per night in Ramadhan. So long you are capable of it and will not affect your wajibat. No problem. Please drop it my brother its a lost debate.

7. As per Tayamum issue, I can see how labored you are to protect Umar's verdict. What is the conditions that made Umar gave such verdict?
Sino, the fact that the questioner clearly stated his predicament for Umar, yet he gave that verdict, kill off whatever excuse you can bring forth to protect Umar's fatwa.. It takes courage and sincerity to submit to the truth brother for indeed Truth hurt.

8. As per the case of treaty of al-Hudaybiyyah vs Umar's doubtfulness.

It is fantastic and rather insulting trying to lure it with Nabi Ibrahim (as) and his seeking of Bayyina (manifest practical example). Why can't you use Nabi Musa's demand to see his Lord? Doesn't he believe in His existence? Please don't try that again brother.

The episode of Umar's ...at Hudaybiyyah is a long episode. What he did was unimaginable. I once opened a thread titled "Cold Truth About Umar Ibn al-Khattab". All these were highlighted there. Unfortunately the big boss deleted it after 3 days. So I am not interested going there again.

9. Imam 'Ali's report in Nahj al-Balagha. grin
That's Imam's ideal definition of "Sahaba of the Prophet" not the definition and aqeedah of Sunni that accommodate every sundry that include munafiq, apostate, hiding munafiq etc.

Do you even know Nabi Isa (as) was a Sahabi of Nabi Muhammad (peace be upon him and his household)? I remember Imam Ali's definition of his "Shi'a (follower and supporter)". The criteria and standard of being "sahaba" or "shi'a" which Imam 'Ali (as) describe is too high to accommodate every sundry.

Like Ibn Hajar al-Asqalani, his own definition of "Sahabi" is anyone who sees the holy Prophet (peace be upon him and his household). Ahlu Sunnah bus is very generous accommodating whoever but Shi'a bus is selective based on qualitative evident-based merit not "merit" acquired on dreams or "merits" that can never stand the light of Qur'an and historical facts.

It is obvious you know Nadah about Mawla Amir al-Muminin 'Ali Ibn Abi Talib al-Murtadha (alaihi salatu wa salam).

10. Please anytime you wanna quote Shi'a hadith, kindly ALWAYS give its GRADING and cite full references. So if you can qoute shi'a narration, never hesitate to put what I requested. That's what Albaqir does in Sunni's case. Thanks.

11. You are here with weird types of Hypocrites grin Sura al-Tawbah: 101 kill off the arguments.

12. All other submissions are just kinda repetitions or waste of energy thereby derailing the main topic which we've already does anyway. That's why I didn't touch them.

Many thanks for your time sir.
Fi amanillah.

I have only two things to say, and they are:

1. Okay, I agree, you do not curse them, but you criticize and expose their faults abi?
NB: But just take a look at the definition and the synonyms presented, and check the words I presented as the meaning of sabb in my Arabic dictionary, if you do not see similarities, then…
crit•i•cize
verb \ˈkri-tə-ˌsīz\
: to express disapproval of (someone or something) : to talk about the problems or faults of (someone or something)
: to look at and make judgments about (something, such as a piece of writing or a work of art)
Synonyms
blame, censure, condemn, denounce, dis (also diss) [slang], dispraise, fault, knock, pan, reprehend, slag [chiefly British], come down hard (on), find fault (with), take to task
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/criticize

Narrated AbuBarzah al-Aslami: The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: O community of people, who believed by their tongue, and belief did not enter their hearts, do not back-bite Muslims, and do not search for their faults, for if anyone searches for their faults, Allah will search for his fault, and if Allah searches for the fault of anyone, He disgraces him in his house. - Sunan of Abu Dawood, Number 2283

Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah's Apostle said, "Beware of suspicion, for it is the worst of false tales and don't look for the other's faults and don't spy and don't hate each other, and don't desert (cut your relations with) one another. O Allah's slaves, be brothers!" - Sahih Al Bukhari, Vol. 8 Number 717

Narrated Aisha: The Prophet (peace be upon him) said, "I do not like to speak of anyone's faults even if I should receive such and such." Tirmidhi transmitted it, calling it sahih. - Al Tirmidhi Hadith Number 1256

Narrated Abdullah ibn Umar: Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) mounted the pulpit and called in a loud voice, "You who have accepted Islam with your tongues but whose hearts have not been reached by faith, do not annoy the Muslims, or revile them, or seek out their faults; for he who seeks out the faults of his brother Muslim will have his faults sought out by Allah and he whose faults are sought out by Allah will be exposed by Him, even though he should be in the interior of his house." - Al Tirmidhi Hadith Number 1308

2. Qur’an 9 vs 101 reads:
وَمِمَّنْ حَوْلَكُمْ مِنْ الْأَعْرَابِ مُنَفِقُونَ وَمِنْ أَهْلِ الْمَدِينَةِ مَرَدُوا عَلَى النِّفَاقِ لَا تَعْلَمُهُمْ نَحْنُ نَعْلَمُهُمْ سَنُعَذِّبُهُمْ مَرَّتَيْنِ ثُمَّ يُرَدُّونَ إِلَى عَذَابٍ عَظِيمٍ

"And of the desert Arabs around you some are hypocrites; and of the people of Medina also. They persist in hypocrisy. Thou knowest them not; WE know them. WE will punish them twice; then they shall be given over to a great punishment."

I do not intend to further derail…

Thank you most for your time Sir,

Ma' Salam.
Re: Misconception Of Salat Tarawih: Bid'a or Sunnah? by AlBaqir(m): 2:30pm On Jun 16, 2015
Re: Misconception Of Salat Tarawih: Bid'a or Sunnah? by Empiree: 2:50pm On Jun 16, 2015
grin grin grin he he he o ya, make we start updating from last ramadan
Re: Misconception Of Salat Tarawih: Bid'a or Sunnah? by AlBaqir(m): 4:02pm On Mar 27, 2016
lexiconkabir:
"Good bid'ah" was used in the linguistic sense and not the shariah sense, anyway like you rightly said, this thread is about mutah, and wouldnt make sense if it is derailed.

Linguistic?! Although lots of people have contributed under the excuse of "linguistic" and their excuses were thrown into thrash bin for there is nothing to substantiate it except twisting of Sunnah. Kindly go through the thread to see the extent and the scope of the discussion and please share your view "that Bid'ah" was used linguistically as against Umar's clear statement and admittance that Qiyam layl is BETTER than the one he institutionalized.

@ ShiaMuslim, Newnas please do not derail Mut'ah thread further. I understand ShiaMuslim is making analogy on how Tarawih was smuggled to be Sunnah.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Reading Suratul Yasin In The Morning Or Evening, Sunnah Or Not Sunnah / Ayatul Kursi - The Ayah Of The Throne / Difference Between Interest-based & Islamic Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.