Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,302 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:31 AM

Choice Between Corolla 04, Camry 04 And Brand New Hyundai Accent. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Choice Between Corolla 04, Camry 04 And Brand New Hyundai Accent. (6251 Views)

Would You Ditch Your Toyota Rav4 For The New Hyundai Kona? (photos) / Please Nairalanders I Want To Know What Is The Difference Between Corolla 2003, / URGENT PLS!!! Toyota Camry 04 Tyre/rim Increase (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Choice Between Corolla 04, Camry 04 And Brand New Hyundai Accent. by Experience4u(m): 3:56pm On Jan 07, 2015
Please this will be my first car to buy. Am kind of. In challenge to make a choice. I have 1.4million to spend on a car but I don't know which one to go for. My bias lies on fuel efficiency., affordable spare parts and more of in city driving. Please your genuine suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks
Re: Choice Between Corolla 04, Camry 04 And Brand New Hyundai Accent. by Fulaman198(m): 4:06pm On Jan 07, 2015
Experience4u:
Please this will be my first car to buy. Am kind of. In challenge to make a choice. I have 1.4million to spend on a car but I don't know which one to go for. My bias lies on fuel efficiency., affordable spare parts and more of in city driving. Please your genuine suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks

Brand new Hyundai Accent means 2015...... Go for the 2015

1 Like

Re: Choice Between Corolla 04, Camry 04 And Brand New Hyundai Accent. by abatically(m): 4:10pm On Jan 07, 2015
And who will sell a brand new 2014 Hyundai accent to u for 1.4 million?

7 Likes

Re: Choice Between Corolla 04, Camry 04 And Brand New Hyundai Accent. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:37pm On Jan 07, 2015
abatically:
And who will sell a brand new 2014 Hyundai accent to u for 1.4 million?

Op answer as I spread my mat here. grin
Experience4u:

2 Likes

Re: Choice Between Corolla 04, Camry 04 And Brand New Hyundai Accent. by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jan 07, 2015
Both 04 camry and corolla are good cars but since "fuel efficiency" is there go for d corolla.
Re: Choice Between Corolla 04, Camry 04 And Brand New Hyundai Accent. by Experience4u(m): 7:23pm On Jan 07, 2015
Heard corolla parts are expensive

3 Likes

Re: Choice Between Corolla 04, Camry 04 And Brand New Hyundai Accent. by lonelydora: 11:17pm On Jan 07, 2015
Experience4u:
Another hear say...
Re: Choice Between Corolla 04, Camry 04 And Brand New Hyundai Accent. by FlyboyZee: 7:13am On Jan 08, 2015
Yes
Experience4u:
Yes, they are expensive. My friend followed the popular Nigerian Toyota hype to buy a 2001 Corolla and he is planning on dumping it for another brand barely a year after, citing cost of spare parts as his reason. Prior to that he owned and drove a Mazda 323 which he still missed till day. Don't follow the crowd unless they are following Jesus, my dear.

4 Likes

Re: Choice Between Corolla 04, Camry 04 And Brand New Hyundai Accent. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:23am On Jan 08, 2015
FlyboyZee:
YesYes, they are expensive. My friend followed the popular Nigerian Toyota hype to buy a 2001 Corolla and he is planning on dumping it for another brand barely a year after, citing cost of spare parts as his reason. Prior to that he owned and drove a Mazda 323 which he still missed till day. Don't follow the crowd unless they are following Jesus, my dear.

Engine 1ZZ-FE 120k
Engine 7A-FE/4A-FE 65-70k
Strauts tokumbor 3-10k
Brakepads original 12k auto boss 1.5k
Transsmission 60k
Readiator 8k
Engine mounts toks 2k-3k depending on position
Brake rotors 1k(toks)
Fuel pump toks 2k new (fake) 2k
Rear lights set 10k
Alternator 3.5ktoks
Water pump 5k toks
Starter motor 4k ttoks
Front wind shield 8k
Engine/trans Ecm toks 10k
Drive shafts set (complete) 15k

What part was your friend changing all the time? This is one of the cheapest cars to maintain, your friend is a car killer.

grin

9 Likes

Re: Choice Between Corolla 04, Camry 04 And Brand New Hyundai Accent. by abatically(m): 7:36am On Jan 08, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Engine 1ZZ-FE 120k
Strauts tokumbor 3-10k
Transsmission 60k
Readiator 8k
Brake rotors 1k(toks)
Rear lights set 10k
Alternator 3.5ktoks
Water pump 5k toks
Starter motor 4k ttoks
Front wind shield 8k

What part was your friend changing all the time? This is one of the cheapest cars to maintain, your friend is a car killer.

grin

Bros the thing tire me oh. If he thinks these parts are expensive then he is not ready to use a modern car. He should just buy a Volkswagen beetle.

2 Likes

Re: Choice Between Corolla 04, Camry 04 And Brand New Hyundai Accent. by abatically(m): 7:37am On Jan 08, 2015
FlyboyZee:
YesYes, they are expensive. My friend followed the popular Nigerian Toyota hype to buy a 2001 Corolla and he is planning on dumping it for another brand barely a year after, citing cost of spare parts as his reason. Prior to that he owned and drove a Mazda 323 which he still missed till day. Don't follow the crowd unless they are following Jesus, my dear.

Show me a 2001 car that has parts cheaper than the Toyota corolla.
Re: Choice Between Corolla 04, Camry 04 And Brand New Hyundai Accent. by Exponental(m): 8:15am On Jan 08, 2015
if u can get d brand new hyundai...pls do.
peace of mind for a longer time.
Re: Choice Between Corolla 04, Camry 04 And Brand New Hyundai Accent. by FlyboyZee: 2:09pm On Jan 08, 2015
abatically:

The VW Golf.

2 Likes

Re: Choice Between Corolla 04, Camry 04 And Brand New Hyundai Accent. by FlyboyZee: 2:17pm On Jan 08, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Engine 1ZZ-FE 120k
Strauts tokumbor 3-10k
Transsmission 60k
Readiator 8k
Brake rotors 1k(toks)
Rear lights set 10k
Alternator 3.5ktoks
Water pump 5k toks
Starter motor 4k ttoks
Front wind shield 8k

grin
Don't begin to act as if everyone on NL lives in Lagos and Abuja.
Don't even begin to behave as if the parts are that cheap even in Lagos and Abuja because İ've seen these same Corollas either parked, abandoned or looking like death on its way home even in those cities.
My friend bought that engine for N250,000.00. Brake pads for my 2010 Honda Civic cost less than what you quoted above. Toyota like other cars is not made by God, they were made by men and every car manufacturer is pursuing profit. No car manufacturer would use very high quality materials for low budget cars. İ hope you understand that?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Choice Between Corolla 04, Camry 04 And Brand New Hyundai Accent. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:17pm On Jan 08, 2015
I don't live in either lagos or abuja, all the prices I mentioned are obtainable in most large cities. Meanwhile your friend paid 250,000 for a 2001 corrola engine?

MAGA DON PAY.....................[img]http://smileyshack.files./2010/12/smileyslaughing_lol_rofl__100-100.gif?w=35&h=26[/img]

No point arguing with you.

6 Likes

Re: Choice Between Corolla 04, Camry 04 And Brand New Hyundai Accent. by FlyboyZee: 7:30pm On Jan 08, 2015
GAZZUZZ:
I don't live in either lagos or abuja, all the prices I mentioned are obtainable in most large cities. Meanwhile your friend paid 250,000 for a 2001 corrola engine?

MAGA DON PAY.....................[img]http://smileyshack.files./2010/12/smileyslaughing_lol_rofl__100-100.gif?w=35&h=26[/img]

No point arguing with you.
I wish you are driving one of them Corollas before laughing. I remember my mother used to say sabi sabi na foolish man backyard he dey die ooooooo!!!!!!!!
Re: Choice Between Corolla 04, Camry 04 And Brand New Hyundai Accent. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:45pm On Jan 08, 2015
FlyboyZee:

I wish you are driving one of them Corollas before laughing. I remember my mother used to say sabi sabi na foolish man backyard he dey die ooooooo!!!!!!!!

Follow this thread.

https://www.nairaland.com/2083120/whats-price-corrola-2001-engine

I opened it on your behalf.
Re: Choice Between Corolla 04, Camry 04 And Brand New Hyundai Accent. by talk2odim: 10:56pm On Jan 08, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Follow this thread.

Gazzuzz brother with what i have heard about your technical mastery I don't think you should be responding to certain "polite insults." You are better than that......silence u know is also an ans u know. By the way u are owing me free comprehensive scan o.....abeg people dont bother responding cos I am not following this thread. Thk u
Re: Choice Between Corolla 04, Camry 04 And Brand New Hyundai Accent. by chimah3(m): 7:18am On Jan 09, 2015
Buy any toyota u wish to buy. Jus make sure u get a good deal from a trusted dealer. Maintainance is d key.
Re: Choice Between Corolla 04, Camry 04 And Brand New Hyundai Accent. by Experience4u(m): 11:20am On Jan 09, 2015
So house, between corolla 2004 and Camry 2004(big daddy), which should I go for?
Re: Choice Between Corolla 04, Camry 04 And Brand New Hyundai Accent. by seriousthing(m): 6:03pm On Jan 10, 2015
abatically:

Bros, Honda civic 2001 model is far cheaper to maintain
Re: Choice Between Corolla 04, Camry 04 And Brand New Hyundai Accent. by Experience4u(m): 10:47pm On Jan 10, 2015
Heard Honda has transmission problems not fuel efficient
Re: Choice Between Corolla 04, Camry 04 And Brand New Hyundai Accent. by ba7man(m): 3:55am On Jan 11, 2015
FlyboyZee:

How can you not know that the Toyota Corolla is one of the most durable cars in the world.

I know people that have used them for years and they almost never break down.

I personally know a person that used one for 4yrs and the only faults experienced during the period of use was a leaking exhaust and auto gear getting stuck.
Re: Choice Between Corolla 04, Camry 04 And Brand New Hyundai Accent. by ba7man(m): 4:01am On Jan 11, 2015
Experience4u:
Heard Honda has transmission problems not fuel efficient
Honda is very reliable. Probably just behind Toyota in ratings.

Just keep an ear open for shaft problems. Once u start hearing that knocking sound, get ready to change it.

That aside, it handles decently and has a revvy engine, more fun that Toyota.

1 Like

Re: Choice Between Corolla 04, Camry 04 And Brand New Hyundai Accent. by FlyboyZee: 3:12pm On Jan 11, 2015
ba7man:
How can you not know that the Toyota Corolla is one of the most durable cars in the world.

I know people that have used them for years and they almost never break down.

I personally know a person that used one for 4yrs and the only faults experienced during the period of use was a leaking exhaust and auto gear getting stuck.

İn as much as İ would have agreed with you, İ beg to differ that not all model year Corollas are 'never say die' like you are generalizing.

İ drank beer again last night with someone who currently owns and drive a 2001 Toyota Corolla which he is dumping in less than a year of ownership. Lest İ forgot, he parked the car at home and joined me in the joint with a keke and İ had to drop him off after the beering in my Honda Civic. One man's meat is usually another man's poison. İ hope you roger that?

İ also have a friend who has sworn that he would never ever buy another Toyota car in his life after his Toyota RAV4 showed him pepper and took him to the cleaners. İ told him to stop generalizing that he was only unfortunate to have had such issues...
Re: Choice Between Corolla 04, Camry 04 And Brand New Hyundai Accent. by FlyboyZee: 3:37pm On Jan 11, 2015
talk2odim:

Gazzuzz brother with what i have heard about your technical mastery I don't think you should be responding to certain "polite insults." You are better than that......silence u know is also an ans u know. By the way u are owing me free comprehensive scan o.....abeg people dont bother responding cos I am not following this thread. Thk u
See this one assslicking just because of a free car scan. A tool you can get for next to nothing and recover your initial investment in less than a month. Mind you this is a free-for-all forum where we usually argue, interact, disagree, agree, learn, teach, educate,enlighten, etc one another, since nobody is an island of knowledge. @Gazzuz himself has not complained. We still have another thread he created because of this issue trending and here you are assslicking just for a 'free comprehensive car scan'. Hia! SMHFU. İf you were living in the same town with me İ would uave borrowed you my Launch scanner to go home with and use at your own convenience, the problem might be that you may not know how to operate the device. What a pity. Bring it on, İ'm waiting for you, don't come here and spew trash and run away like a coward...

3 Likes

Re: Choice Between Corolla 04, Camry 04 And Brand New Hyundai Accent. by FlyboyZee: 3:42pm On Jan 11, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Follow this thread.

İ have seen it and İ'm still on the matter myself. lol...
Re: Choice Between Corolla 04, Camry 04 And Brand New Hyundai Accent. by Terry91(m): 4:51pm On Jan 11, 2015
[quote author=abatically post=29594620]

Bros the thing tire me oh. If he thinks these parts are expensive then he is not ready to use a modern car. He should just buy a Volkswagen beetle. Lolz
Re: Choice Between Corolla 04, Camry 04 And Brand New Hyundai Accent. by FlyboyZee: 7:09am On Jan 12, 2015
[quote author=Terry91 post=29699830][/quote]
İf someone had owned a Mazda 323 or 626 before buying a Corolla, he/she is bound to complain of the Corolla being expensive to maintain. But, if the same person had owned say a Lexus or an Acura before the Corolla, the person would be thanking his goodness for the Corolla. That is just my point.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Choice Between Corolla 04, Camry 04 And Brand New Hyundai Accent. by autohubn: 4:12pm On Jan 14, 2015
My Honest take. It is ur first car as you mentioned and you have less than 2m which will not buy a new car "probably picanto, am not sure).

If you have good income, buy camry and leave the issue of fuel efficiency out.

But i personally recommend Corolla considering ur position.

However ensure you buy a Tokunbo one, Not naija used one.

If you can add 100-200k more, pls buy a CLEAN title one and not a salvaged one.

If you need help to QC the car before inspection, drop me a PM vins(at)autocheck.com.ng.

I will be glad to assist you.
Re: Choice Between Corolla 04, Camry 04 And Brand New Hyundai Accent. by Experience4u(m): 6:56pm On Jan 15, 2015
autohubn:
My Honest take. It is ur first car as you mentioned and you have less than 2m which will not buy a new car "probably picanto, am not sure).

If you have good income, buy camry and leave the issue of fuel efficiency out.

But i personally recommend Corolla considering ur position.

However ensure you buy a Tokunbo one, Not naija used one.

If you can add 100-200k more, pls buy a CLEAN title one and not a salvaged one.

If you need help to QC the car before inspection, drop me a PM vins(at)autocheck.com.ng.

I will be glad to assist you.

Thanks for your response. I have narrowed down to Camry 2004 and corolla 2004. The take on corolla is that it may not have that hype or rep say in two years but that bid dady has rep and looks exquisite,, though not as economical ad Camry in terms of fuel efficiency. That's for your words. If you drop your pin so I can chat you and get professional information from you. Thanks autobun
Re: Choice Between Corolla 04, Camry 04 And Brand New Hyundai Accent. by Experience4u(m): 7:59am On Jan 21, 2015
What's your take on that

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Kompressor And 4matic Which Is Economical / Innoson Vehicle; Manufacturing Or Assembling Firm? / Coolants: Types And When To Flush It.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.