Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,223 members, 7,953,838 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 07:36 AM

Would You Ditch Your Toyota Rav4 For The New Hyundai Kona? (photos) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Would You Ditch Your Toyota Rav4 For The New Hyundai Kona? (photos) (1350 Views)

Autotrader Names Hyundai Kona A Best Car For Graduates / Hyundai Kona Electric Sets New Guinness World Record / This Is How Much Your Toyota Corolla Engine Will Cost You In Ladipo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Ditch Your Toyota Rav4 For The New Hyundai Kona? (photos) by autojosh: 4:51pm On Jun 13, 2017
The Hyundai Kona has been introduced to sit below the Santa Fe and Tucson. It comes with a fresh design and new-to-hyundai technology.

“With its true SUV genes, a progressive design and premium features, Kona reflects the lifestyle of modern customers, enhancing the brand’s appeal and attracting new customers” said Thomas Schmid, Hyundai Europe’s chief operating officer.

The Kona will go on sale in Korea next month, followed by North America and Europe. It is coming with front and all-wheel-drive.

The name “Kona” was taken from a Hawaiian coastal region as Hyundai likes to name its SUVs after travel destination just like Tucson and Santa Fe.

The two petrol engines available at launch will be a 1.0LT-GDI with a six-speed manual transmission and a 1.6L T-GDI with a seven-speed dual clutch transmission and all-wheel drive.

The 1.0L unit will produce 118bhp, with a 0-62mph time of 12.0sec and a top speed of 112mph. The more powerful 1.6-litre petrol unit has 174bhp with 0-63mph in 7.9sec and top speed of 127mph.

The Kona will get 2 drive modes: Normal and Sport and some with 2.0-litre MPI Atkinson engine would also be available.

Sangyup Lee, Hyundai’s head of styling, said: “We wanted to create a character that was strong. As a design, creating an icon is a tough challenge. The overall first impression is about dynamic character.”

The interior looks premium and comes with a 5.0-inch TFT screen as standard, with an optional 8.0-inch colour touchscreen available. In a first for Hyundai, the Kona is available with a Display Audio system that features connected services, including smartphone syncing using Apple CarPlay or Android Auto. A wireless smartphone charging pad is available as an option.

It also gets an eight speaker sound system from Krell. Other features are head-up display autonomous emergency braking, lane keeping assist, rear-cross traffic alert and blind spot detection.

The £15,000 price tag should be in the range of N12m in Nigeria after shipping and clearing.

https://autojosh.com/hyundai-launches-the-kona/

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Seun

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Would You Ditch Your Toyota Rav4 For The New Hyundai Kona? (photos) by autojosh: 4:51pm On Jun 13, 2017

Re: Would You Ditch Your Toyota Rav4 For The New Hyundai Kona? (photos) by Ajewealth123(m): 4:53pm On Jun 13, 2017
autojosh:
The Hyundai Kona has been introduced to sit below the Santa Fe and Tucson. It comes with a fresh design and new-to-hyundai technology.

“With its true SUV genes, a progressive design and premium features, Kona reflects the lifestyle of modern customers, enhancing the brand’s appeal and attracting new customers” said Thomas Schmid, Hyundai Europe’s chief operating officer.

The Kona will go on sale in Korea next month, followed by North America and Europe. It is coming with front and all-wheel-drive.

The name “Kona” was taken from a Hawaiian coastal region as Hyundai likes to name its SUVs after travel destination just like Tucson and Santa Fe.

The two petrol engines available at launch will be a 1.0LT-GDI with a six-speed manual transmission and a 1.6L T-GDI with a seven-speed dual clutch transmission and all-wheel drive.

The 1.0L unit will produce 118bhp, with a 0-62mph time of 12.0sec and a top speed of 112mph. The more powerful 1.6-litre petrol unit has 174bhp with 0-63mph in 7.9sec and top speed of 127mph.

The Kona will get 2 drive modes: Normal and Sport and some with 2.0-litre MPI Atkinson engine would also be available.

Sangyup Lee, Hyundai’s head of styling, said: “We wanted to create a character that was strong. As a design, creating an icon is a tough challenge. The overall first impression is about dynamic character.”

The interior looks premium and comes with a 5.0-inch TFT screen as standard, with an optional 8.0-inch colour touchscreen available. In a first for Hyundai, the Kona is available with a Display Audio system that features connected services, including smartphone syncing using Apple CarPlay or Android Auto. A wireless smartphone charging pad is available as an option.

It also gets an eight speaker sound system from Krell. Other features are head-up display autonomous emergency braking, lane keeping assist, rear-cross traffic alert and blind spot detection.

The £15,000 price tag should be in the range of N12m in Nigeria after shipping and clearing.

https://autojosh.com/hyundai-launches-the-kona/

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Seun

Re: Would You Ditch Your Toyota Rav4 For The New Hyundai Kona? (photos) by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jun 13, 2017
Yes I will but its still with kazeem.... and my toyota tacoma is still with toyota sef... dey just make me to be jumping danfo upadan.

e good make person dey answer question like big man nah...
Re: Would You Ditch Your Toyota Rav4 For The New Hyundai Kona? (photos) by bkool7(m): 5:10pm On Jun 13, 2017
Hyundai is really uping their game
more and more Nigerians are going forit.
its very popular in lagos these days and cheaper too.
A brand new Rav4 would have cost twice as much - if not more
Re: Would You Ditch Your Toyota Rav4 For The New Hyundai Kona? (photos) by NwaAmaikpe: 5:12pm On Jun 13, 2017
I can only buy a hybrid version of it
Re: Would You Ditch Your Toyota Rav4 For The New Hyundai Kona? (photos) by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jun 13, 2017
Make I get one first and I will tell you if I will ditch embarassed I neva get one I dey ditch. What am I ditching?
Re: Would You Ditch Your Toyota Rav4 For The New Hyundai Kona? (photos) by Somatic(m): 7:27pm On Jun 13, 2017
Looks like a refined Pontiac Aztec. And like the Aztec, its ugly.
Re: Would You Ditch Your Toyota Rav4 For The New Hyundai Kona? (photos) by ironheart(m): 6:46am On Jun 14, 2017
Seems multiple headlights are the norm now
Re: Would You Ditch Your Toyota Rav4 For The New Hyundai Kona? (photos) by krisrock(m): 10:41am On Jun 14, 2017
Thoguht this car was supposed to compete with toyota C-HR and not the Rav4

(1) (Reply)

Man Dumps New Range Rover Outside Showroom With Complaints Written On It(photos) / Engine oil discoloration guide.. Must read / How To Keep A Crack On A Windscreen From Spreading

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.