Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,753 members, 7,955,864 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:21 PM

Kids Alone. - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Kids Alone. (1494 Views)

Do You Think Cartoons Are For Small Kids Alone? ? ?? / Does The Reality Tv Show 'kids Alone' On Africa magic Really Make Any Sense? / Cartoons: Not For Kids Alone! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kids Alone. by Nobody: 2:44pm On Dec 16, 2008
I recently got to know of this reality tv show. It involves a number of children,I think between the ages of 10 to 15 living together in a house under periodic surveilance. Very similar to the other reality show Big brother but in its case,children take the place of adults. I would like to know what you all think about this show,to know your opinions,to know if a lot of people share my sentiments. So there.
What do you think?
Re: Kids Alone. by spikedcylinder: 5:22pm On Dec 16, 2008
Any links on youtube perhaps? Or even the name of this program?
Re: Kids Alone. by Nobody: 5:47pm On Dec 16, 2008
. . . . .the name of the programme is the topic of this thread;kids alone.
And no,I haven't got a link on utube for it,I didn't bother checking because I didn't think I'd find any. Its a Nigerian made show.
Re: Kids Alone. by spikedcylinder: 5:55pm On Dec 16, 2008
Oh ok.
Re: Kids Alone. by donaremu(m): 7:31pm On Dec 16, 2008
are you referring to Kid Nation showing Saturdays, 10.00a.m on STV. cool
Re: Kids Alone. by Nobody: 7:46pm On Dec 16, 2008
undecided. No. It's shown on Africa magic weekdays at 11 o clock or thereabouts. . . .wow.how come no one in the know has shown up yet? Thought the show was well known.
Re: Kids Alone. by Mustay(m): 9:59am On Dec 19, 2008
fellis:

undecided. No. It's shown on Africa magic weekdays at 11 o clock or thereabouts. . . .wow.how come no one in the know has shown up yet? Thought the show was well known.

But I did see it on AfMAg last week Sunday na!

I didn't even know it was a reality tv show. Dulling angry

Wetin them dey do?
Re: Kids Alone. by Nobody: 1:16pm On Dec 19, 2008
*hmm. Someone*
I have never heard them mention what exactly it is they intend to achieve with that show,but it has a big brother format;without the nudity. I have never even seen or heard from its producers on the show. All I see are a couple of kids frequently engaged in one mundane, unproductive activity or another. I think the show is just another result of the 'follow follow' epidemic which has taken over the Nigerian reality tv scene because a similar show was produced in America last year. That one sparked some controversies.
Re: Kids Alone. by spicywax(m): 1:47pm On Dec 19, 2008
fellis:

*hmm. Someone*
I have never heard them mention what exactly it is they intend to achieve with that show,but it has a big brother format;without the nudity. I have never even seen or heard from its producers on the show. All I see are a couple of kids frequently engaged in one mundane, unproductive activity or another. I think the show is just another result of the 'follow follow' epidemic which has taken over the Nigerian reality tv scene because a similar show was produced in America last year. That one sparked some controversies.

U're right there. Did see it a few times an Africa Magic and can't undertsand wat they really hope to achieve. It's jst not it for me. (My opinion)
Re: Kids Alone. by oenid7: 12:54pm On Jan 07, 2009
hi! I have just discovered the show & i was confused 2say the least, As U mentioned, the show has no focus & the objective is nor clearly defined, I then started to think certain issues tht became a concern, tht's when I googled the show to see whether there are people discussing it, I think the show borders on child labour & question the 'privacy' that the children have, I mean there is no talk from the producers of the show & this is where I question how the cameras are regulated, like when the kids go to the bathroom/ bath or changing clothing, Is there an adult who checks with the kids? when & how is it done, There is no transparency & there seems to be on accountability from the producers of the show,

(1) (Reply)

10 Dull Movies Of 2014 So Far… You Might Want To Avoid These / GRIMM : SEASON 4 Fan Page / Empire Season 2 Starts September 23

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.