Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,136 members, 7,821,882 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:53 PM

Question About Olodo And Akobo Area In Ibadan - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Question About Olodo And Akobo Area In Ibadan (3372 Views)

Flood Damages Housing Area In Gero, Gombe State(photos) / Prime Full Plot In A Builtup Luxurious Area In Arepo - 4.5 million / AKOBO,IBADAN: Three nos of 3-bedroom Flats For Rent @200k each (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Question About Olodo And Akobo Area In Ibadan by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jan 08, 2015
Trying to do some due diligence on these two areas.

1) Is this a developed area for an immediate build?

2) I am told that there would be a 10% fee payable to the seller on top of the selling fees. Something about fees for signature Is this normal/common?

Thanks and please feel free to expand on your knowledge of the area.

Re: Question About Olodo And Akobo Area In Ibadan by Sankabson(m): 8:27pm On Jan 08, 2015
It depends on the area You're purchasing the Land.. Not every area in both areas are developed and also under developed.

You can't compare Land in Akala Road to Olorunda ABBA and they're both in Akobo Axis. Akala is more developed than the other but that doesn't mean some areas are not developed also.

Same method applies to Olodo area too.

NB:- No area in Ibadan is Underdeveloped, its just a matter of time and people around the area and some infrastructures.

I would advise You come on Ground and Inspect those area Yourself better than Internet Suggestions,Google Map/Good Earth.
Re: Question About Olodo And Akobo Area In Ibadan by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jan 08, 2015
Sankabson:
It depends on the area You're purchasing the Land.. Not every area in both areas are developed and also under developed.

You can't compare Land in Akala Road to Olorunda ABBA and they're both in Akobo Axis. Akala is more developed than the other but that doesn't mean some areas are not developed also.

Same method applies to Olodo area too.

NB:- No area in Ibadan is Underdeveloped, its just a matter of time and people around the area and some infrastructures.

I would advise You come on Ground and Inspect those area Yourself better than Internet Suggestions,Google Map/Good Earth.

Thank you for sharing your knowledge.

Perhaps it's a Nigerian thing but there is vast knowledge and information that can be garnered from the internet and some that can also be garnered from being on the ground. They are not mutually exclusive and they complement each other.

Spyder880 and some other folks on here have grasped the importance of internet and it's usefulness in selling properties by getting information into the hands of potential buyers.

Thanks once again. Keep sharing your knowledge of the area if you wish but please stop with the "come on the ground and look", that's just sheer laziness from a business standpoint.

Edit:

Additionally, I did send someone to contact one of the land sellers here on Nairaland in Ibadan. This turned out to be a tremendous waste of time.

Even though they had an appointment to meet at a set time, when my operative got there and called as scheduled he was given a different phone number to call, when he called that number he was given another number to call. This went on for 4 different numbers. Then they stated that they only show land at 630PM and that my operative must provide his car to take them to the land.

So this shows that even though I or my operative may be on the ground that the seriousness of doing business is lacking with some.

So before I send my operative on a potential fools errand I intend to do internet due diligence.

I am certain that I will meet an astute and serious sales person like Spyder880 who services Ibadan.
Re: Question About Olodo And Akobo Area In Ibadan by Sankabson(m): 9:29pm On Jan 08, 2015
Sir, I actually don't mean it that way.,What I'm driving at is that Ibadan is one of the easiest city in southwestern region to purchase land without stress.

And also You can know anything whatsoever about the Property you want to buy within a very short period of time with no stress.

Lastly, I'm an Agent based in Ibadan and I've sold more than enough properties in Lagos/Ogun and Ibadan which gives me enough experience.

Not every person who claimed to be An Agent are experience enough and also gave access to the Principal Owner/Mandate of the property.

Best Of Luck Sir.
Re: Question About Olodo And Akobo Area In Ibadan by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jan 08, 2015
Sankabson:
Sir, I actually don't mean it that way.,What I'm driving at is that Ibadan is one of the easiest city in southwestern region to purchase land without stress.

And also You can know anything whatsoever about the Property you want to buy within a very short period of time with no stress.

Lastly, I'm an Agent based in Ibadan and I've sold more than enough properties in Lagos/Ogun and Ibadan which gives me enough experience.

Not every person who claimed to be An Agent are experience enough and also gave access to the Principal Owner/Mandate of the property.

Best Of Luck Sir.

I'm not challenging your prowess in selling land, trust me. I'm also from Ibadan but I am not familiar with these two specific areas.

I just want information on the areas from people who knows the area and most importantly wants to share information instead of requiring me to come onsite.
Re: Question About Olodo And Akobo Area In Ibadan by Nobody: 10:35pm On Jan 08, 2015
CityNG:

I'm not challenging your prowess in selling land, trust me. I'm also from Ibadan but I am not familiar with these two specific areas.

I just want information on the areas from people who knows the area and most importantly wants to share information instead of requiring me to come onsite.
Am from Olorunda-abba,Oju-irin,Akobo though I based i n Lagos those areas I mean from Iyana-church to general-gas then to Akobo Oju-irin are most trended area where lagosian love to purchase properties and secured the environment is absolutely okay for anyone who can not afford to waste his/her money and time in purchasing land in Lagos.Well,the last I check a plot of land is sold at about 500 to a million plus around akobo to Olorunda but inward olodo(akala estate)the cost of land is quiet different.
Re: Question About Olodo And Akobo Area In Ibadan by MaZterZ(m): 11:51pm On Jan 08, 2015
@ Op
why not try Jide Taiwo & Co,Tokunbo James,Diya Et etal...
Re: Question About Olodo And Akobo Area In Ibadan by Nobody: 12:37am On Jan 09, 2015
Mrcdorv:
Am from Olorunda-abba,Oju-irin,Akobo though I based i n Lagos those areas I mean from Iyana-church to general-gas then to Akobo Oju-irin are most trended area where lagosian love to purchase properties and secured the environment is absolutely okay for anyone who can not afford to waste his/her money and time in purchasing land in Lagos.Well,the last I check a plot of land is sold at about 500 to a million plus around akobo to Olorunda but inward olodo(akala estate)the cost of land is quiet different.

Thank you for this info.

This is the kind of information that I'm looking for. I will try to pinpoint these areas on Google map.
Re: Question About Olodo And Akobo Area In Ibadan by Nobody: 12:40am On Jan 09, 2015
MaZterZ:
@ Op
why not try Jide Taiwo & Co,Tokunbo James,Diya Et etal...

Who or what are these?

Thanks.
Re: Question About Olodo And Akobo Area In Ibadan by MaZterZ(m): 1:03am On Jan 09, 2015
CityNG:

Who or what are these?

Thanks.

Welcome to JTC - Jide Taiwo & Co, Estate Surveyors and ...
www.jidetaiwoandco.com/
Jide Taiwo & Co Nigeria, Nigeria, Estate Management Nigeria, Real Estate Management, Estate, JTC, Nigerian Real Estate, Nigerian Estate Bodies, Contact Us, ...
Google+ page · Be the first to review
Bodija, Ibadan 200001, Nigeria
+234 1 820 2425

1 Like

Re: Question About Olodo And Akobo Area In Ibadan by Nobody: 1:51am On Jan 09, 2015
MaZterZ:

Welcome to JTC - Jide Taiwo & Co, Estate Surveyors and ...
www.jidetaiwoandco.com/
Jide Taiwo & Co Nigeria, Nigeria, Estate Management Nigeria, Real Estate Management, Estate, JTC, Nigerian Real Estate, Nigerian Estate Bodies, Contact Us, ...
Google+ page · Be the first to review
Bodija, Ibadan 200001, Nigeria
+234 1 820 2425

Thanks, I sent an email.

(1) (Reply)

»»» Sold!! 1 & Half Plot Available In GRA Phase 2 @ N55M Negotiable ««« / Primed 1790sqm Waterfront Land & 675sqm,900sm at Victoria Garden City(VGC) Lekki / Portacabin Shelter/ Office Container Cabin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.