Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,190 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:05 AM

What Was Your Perception Of Islam Before 9/11? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / What Was Your Perception Of Islam Before 9/11? (456 Views)

The Origin Of Maulud - Part Of Islam Or Innovation / Impacts And Contribution Of Islam To World Civilization. / The True, Peaceful Face Of Islam. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Was Your Perception Of Islam Before 9/11? by Nobody: 2:11am On Jan 09, 2015
They pointed at him and shot him despite his pleadings. I watched it, became a part of sych a tragic moment thanks to ubiquitous mobile gadgets and high speed internet.
I couldn't wrap my head around it. What could get into the head of a man and make him do that? This past Christmas, I watched as two families, one Muslim and one Christian, gathere around a table and shared meals in love and peace. It was such a Satanic meeting, full of love and cheer. Everyone had on a smile on their face. The kids played with each other, tossing chunks of food across the table to the consternation of their parents. As yet another drumstick was hurled across the table, the parents clearly had had enough and were soon at the door, waving good byes and exchanging season greetings.

Is Islam inherently violent? Is the Bible inherently violent? Is a kinfe inherently violent?
Do the actions of a minority, louder than the majority and amplified by media, throughly define a fellowship?
Black comedians joked about how they felt new and free after 9/11 because the Arabs had become the new 'black'. We see a man with beards these days and we consider him a terrorist and bomb toting demon. But there was a time this wasn't so...
There was a time when Muslims were treated like every one should be; based on their actions, not their beliefs or appearance. They could carry black bags and walk alone in the airport without being thrown quick glances.
What went wrong?
Re: What Was Your Perception Of Islam Before 9/11? by salmyking33(m): 9:12pm On Jan 09, 2015
smileysee question,mtceew!!! Ftc

(1) (Reply)

The Phone..a Tool To Make Us Part Of Either Jannah Or Jahannam / The Funeral Prayer In Islam : How It Is Performed / Securing Rewards In Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.