Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,016 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:36 AM

Bore-hole Drilling Business - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Bore-hole Drilling Business (1751 Views)

Steps: How To Start A Borehole Drilling Business In Nigeria / Bore Hole Doctor For Your Water Business/home Usage / How Lucrative Is Borehole Drilling Business? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bore-hole Drilling Business by MansaMoussa: 9:01am On Jan 09, 2015
Dear NLs,
I have this friend who is a Geologist! He runs a bore-hole drilling business and I must confess, he is doing quite well even though his own is very rudimentary(the 3 Way rotary drilling process)
I like the Business because it affords him a lot of time (since Jobs aren't too frequent), yet when he gets a Job, he makes enough money to keep him going till he gets another job! The Flexibility of the Business trips me!
But I am a Medical Personnel who has absolutely no experience in the business!
I would appreciate some sound advise from my brothers and sisters here regarding the Pros and Cons of the Business and whether I can combine it with Medical Practice!
My Friend says I should look for a Geologist and invest with him(he is in the South, I'm in the North)!
Benue State and the FCT are the two places I'd like to focus on!
What's the Start Up capital like?
Profit margin?
Challenges?
Etc!
Your input will be appreciated
Re: Bore-hole Drilling Business by fabulous85: 1:31am On Jan 10, 2015
hello,do you intend to buy a drilling rig? If yes,then i must tell you it is capital intensive. Since you say you stay in the north which is predominantly basement complex (igneous and metamorphic rocks) and with the new indian and korean rigs we have which can drill at a very low cost and saves time,getting a rig is not advisable atleast in d north. You should rather work on your client base,getting contracts, then get a rig to do the job and make your money. You are correct the profit can be quite high but like i said get your clients (network). Am a geologist and i stay in the north(kaduna) thats my opinion. Cheers
Re: Bore-hole Drilling Business by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jan 11, 2015
Can I have you friends contact, I need a borehole in Enugu

1 Like

Re: Bore-hole Drilling Business by murphyrichy(m): 11:16pm On Jan 19, 2015
aguiyi:
Hello i am a geologist n borehole driller in the S.E. have you done d geophysical survey of the land? you can contact us for borehole works if interested.
Re: Bore-hole Drilling Business by ehin(f): 9:24pm On Jan 30, 2015
aguiyi:
are u still intersted in the borehole thing
Re: Bore-hole Drilling Business by Nobody: 3:36am On Jan 31, 2015
ehin:
are u still intersted in the borehole thing

Yes.

What's the cost of geographical survey

(1) (Reply)

Meet Obi Okeke, Nigerian Who Provides Floyd Mayweather With His Luxury Cars / Anyone With A Business Idea Of 50k That Will Generate 3000k Weekly??? / Clarification Of CBN Policy On ATM Withdrawals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.