Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:53 AM

" I'm A Fashion Disaster,Help Please!" - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / " I'm A Fashion Disaster,Help Please!" (2601 Views)

How To Start A Fashion Blog. / Piercing -tongue Ring A Fashion Trend Or Not? / Naomi Campbell's Visible Bald Patch Hair Disaster! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

" I'm A Fashion Disaster,Help Please!" by DonEse125(f): 6:27pm On Dec 16, 2008
That was what my sister said to me yesterday. I'm a tomboy. I've never been to particular about what i wear. My daily attire(when i'm not at work),consists of a baggy shirt(with or without a hood),baggy shorts,a fez cap,my "windscreen" glasses,and a pair of palm slippers. And yes,i do commit a major fashion offense,sometimes i go out in my bathroom slippers. What i wear doesnt rily matter,as long as its comfy and not girly. I readily admit that i have no fashion sense,but hey,it's what's on the inside that matters right? In my defense,i do have great work clothes,my sister says my suits are about the only thing i wear that fits. I really dont think there's anytin wrong wit the way i dress,i mean,fashion's whatever you make of it,but i'm feeling a bit depressed now,and i think a small makeover might help.
Re: " I'm A Fashion Disaster,Help Please!" by iice(f): 2:34am On Dec 17, 2008
Ese grin grin Trust me, am worse than you and don't give a hoot cheesy
My brothers don give up not that the youngest even has the right to talk, after he's a disaster himself grin. . .but i try to shock them once in a while wearing a skirt cheesy My parents especially my mother is still trying to save me undecided
My sis is cool with my style. . .so long as i don't look like i rolled out of a cave when i go out with her.

I'd say start slowly and once you get comfortable, you can expand your choices and experiment.
As to make over, maybe a new haircut or hairstyle? Even some coloring of hair can help smiley
Re: " I'm A Fashion Disaster,Help Please!" by DonEse125(f): 8:43am On Dec 17, 2008
I just want a little makeover. I'm not going to do something so drastic as changing my hair color. It's black,short(not cropped,just short),and i love it the way it is,except i have toyed with the idea of getting purple highlights. I just want a few style tips,witout infringing on my style.
Re: " I'm A Fashion Disaster,Help Please!" by spikedcylinder: 10:44am On Dec 17, 2008
Seeing as you are a tomboy and you don't want to drastically change your style, I'm guessing you should just ease yourself into regular female jeans rather than doing baggys all the time.
Re: " I'm A Fashion Disaster,Help Please!" by iice(f): 11:58am On Dec 17, 2008
Ese, am also thinking of getting purple highlights lol tongue
I agree with spike, get female jeans and maybe some not soo loose shirts undecided
Re: " I'm A Fashion Disaster,Help Please!" by DonEse125(f): 1:05pm On Dec 17, 2008
I dont like tight jeans,and almost all female jeans are tight. Oh,and what abt make-up? I never wear anything more than lip-gloss. I dont wear earrings. I dont wear necklaces. And i hardly ever wear skirts that show some leg.
Re: " I'm A Fashion Disaster,Help Please!" by spikedcylinder: 1:09pm On Dec 17, 2008
Don_Ese125:

I don't like tight jeans,and almost all female jeans are tight. Oh,and what about make-up? I never wear anything more than lip-gloss. I don't wear earrings. I don't wear necklaces. And i hardly ever wear skirts that show some leg.

LOL! Then you are a lost cause. tongue

I mean, if iice of all people can be giving you feminine fashion advice, tsk tsk.
tongue

[size=4pt]I luvs yer iice[/size]. tongue
Re: " I'm A Fashion Disaster,Help Please!" by iice(f): 1:14pm On Dec 17, 2008
They don't have to be too tight.  Just some shape i guess undecided
Yeah the make up thingy.  .  .maybe mascara and blush undecided
And try to wear earrings even if just small studs[/sub]

you need some other perspective, we are too similar in style tongue

Spike take your time ooo angry tongue grin
Haba i wear female jeans na grin grin
Re: " I'm A Fashion Disaster,Help Please!" by spikedcylinder: 2:53pm On Dec 17, 2008
Ese, its true sha, not all female jeans are tight and hugging. You have to try if you really want a make over. wink

How about Wide Leg pants? Those are neither tight nor hugging. And they are both feminine and boyish at the same time, especially when you pair with a girly top. See attached picture.
Do you wear shorts?

iice, you wear your female jeans with toe socks abi? grin grin

Re: " I'm A Fashion Disaster,Help Please!" by DonEse125(f): 4:51pm On Dec 17, 2008
I do wear shorts,those teeny-tiny ones,but only indoors. I can manage small-studded earrings. As for necklaces,if it's not a chain,then i'm not wearing it. Oh and did i mention i like to have space? More on the shorts,i have a couple of knee-length fitted shorts.
Re: " I'm A Fashion Disaster,Help Please!" by DonEse125(f): 4:58pm On Dec 17, 2008
I've been thinkin,i'm not comfortable with wearing clothes that show off my curves,and trust me,i got a lot of that.
Re: " I'm A Fashion Disaster,Help Please!" by spikedcylinder: 6:13pm On Dec 17, 2008
Whats your pant size?
Re: " I'm A Fashion Disaster,Help Please!" by iice(f): 9:54am On Dec 18, 2008
spikedcylinder:

iice, you wear your female jeans with toe socks abi? grin grin

Yes!! grin grin
And i love those pants!!!

Ese, the fitted knee length shorts are ok.  At least there is some shape there undecided
Na wah, if you're uncomfortable, try layering. 
Re: " I'm A Fashion Disaster,Help Please!" by DonEse125(f): 9:52pm On Dec 18, 2008
@spiked,i'm not sure i know what my pant size is,but i think its twenty-something.
Re: " I'm A Fashion Disaster,Help Please!" by spikedcylinder: 10:49am On Dec 19, 2008
20 something? Is that in Europe or American sizing?
Re: " I'm A Fashion Disaster,Help Please!" by carmelily: 3:56pm On Dec 19, 2008
20 somethin in any sizing is Yokozunaish! apologies. lipsrsealed

I do think there's an error somewhere, sha smiley
Re: " I'm A Fashion Disaster,Help Please!" by iice(f): 4:02pm On Dec 19, 2008
Maybe 20 something in waist size undecided
Re: " I'm A Fashion Disaster,Help Please!" by DonEse125(f): 6:33pm On Dec 20, 2008
Hehehe-lol @yokozunaish. I'm not that big o! It's my waist size,and its btw 19 and 2o somethin. I dont think i know my pant size.
Re: " I'm A Fashion Disaster,Help Please!" by carmelily: 1:49pm On Dec 22, 2008
Don_Ese125:

Hehehe-lol @yokozunaish. I'm not that big o! It's my waist size,and its between 19 and 2o somethin. I don't think i know my pant size.

grin Ah ok. You almost spooked me back there.
Re: " I'm A Fashion Disaster,Help Please!" by bluespice(f): 2:48pm On Dec 22, 2008
fashion disaster?
wats the meaning of that word tongue
Re: " I'm A Fashion Disaster,Help Please!" by DonEse125(f): 10:09pm On Dec 22, 2008
My waist isnt tiny either. Like i said,its btw 19 and 20 sumn. Actually,i think it's mor like 20 sumn. The last time i actually remember taking a measurement was when i was a bridesmaid,and that was a long tym ago.
Re: " I'm A Fashion Disaster,Help Please!" by spikedcylinder: 8:41am On Dec 23, 2008
I seriously don't know what to suggest again. You don't seem to want to hear anything I have offered. undecided
Re: " I'm A Fashion Disaster,Help Please!" by cooldud62: 8:58am On Dec 23, 2008
Hi Ese, hmmm, i really think its cool to be cool with yourself but sometimes,
you need to put into consideration what others think about you.
I dont know how old you are but i think if you are close to the "i wanna marry age",
you will do something like take to what spiked's saying.
But common gurl, Just be happy with yourself,its very important. wink
Re: " I'm A Fashion Disaster,Help Please!" by iice(f): 11:53am On Dec 23, 2008
Maybe you shouldn't change your style unless YOU really want to undecided
Re: " I'm A Fashion Disaster,Help Please!" by spikedcylinder: 12:48pm On Dec 23, 2008
Exactly. Unless YOU really want to change, all suggestions would be swept under the carpet. undecided
Re: " I'm A Fashion Disaster,Help Please!" by HRhotness(f): 8:17pm On Dec 23, 2008
i think i might knw what might work for u. . .

I take it u like comfort but would still like to appear somewhat feminine and fashinable? if thats d case, i'll need sometime to put ome ideas together

hav u ever considered layers? and what r ur feelings on ethnic styles?
Re: " I'm A Fashion Disaster,Help Please!" by DonEse125(f): 8:03am On Dec 24, 2008
@spiked,no vex o! I really am tryin. Its just that stepping out of my comfort zone is very difficult. But i am trying. For xample,i bought a pair of shorts yesterday. They're not tight,but they're definitely not baggy either. It's not much but its sumn,rite? I also got a pair of wedges. Surprisingly,they're actually quite comfy.
@the other guy who said sumn abt the way i dress and gettin a man,i can assure you,i dont need one. I have a perfectly good man in my life already. @hot,wen u say ethnic styles,do you mean natives?
Re: " I'm A Fashion Disaster,Help Please!" by spikedcylinder: 11:08am On Dec 24, 2008
Don_Ese125:

@spiked,no vex o! I really am tryin. Its just that stepping out of my comfort zone is very difficult. But i am trying. For xample,i bought a pair of shorts yesterday. They're not tight,but they're definitely not baggy either. It's not much but its sumn,rite? I also got a pair of wedges. Surprisingly,they're actually quite comfy.

Good for you darling! Thats more like the spirit. wink smiley
Re: " I'm A Fashion Disaster,Help Please!" by HRhotness(f): 8:58am On Dec 27, 2008
Don_Ese125:

@hot,when u say ethnic styles,do you mean natives?

not natives. . . i mean styles inspired by ethnic clothng. . . they r usually quite loose and comfy without being too boyish, stuff that look like caftans, tunics, kimonos etc. u dont feel too dressed up in them, but they look unique giving u ur own personal style.

for jeans, u cld try slouch/boyfriend jeans (a personal favorite). . . they r d best of both worlds really. . . they feel rather baggy and comfy but r flattering to d female form.

u can keep ur baggy tshirts but u shd be pairing them with pedal pushers and fitted cargo pants

Re: " I'm A Fashion Disaster,Help Please!" by Opslag(m): 1:43am On Dec 29, 2008
:-x
Re: " I'm A Fashion Disaster,Help Please!" by Opslag(m): 1:43am On Dec 29, 2008
:-x
Re: " I'm A Fashion Disaster,Help Please!" by tope2000(f): 10:19pm On Dec 29, 2008
@Don _ese
MAYBE U JUST TRY OUT THE BOYFRIEND JEANS, THEY ARENT THAT FEMININE undecided

(1) (Reply)

The Must Have Shoes This Season / The Art Of Gele Tying / Shoe World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.