Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,437 members, 7,815,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:06 PM

Save My Life: How Can I Block Others From Connecting To My Network - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Save My Life: How Can I Block Others From Connecting To My Network (1207 Views)

No Network Adapter In My Network Places / 115.4kbps Instead Of 460.8kbps On My Network. / I Can't Access My Ftp Server Outside My Network (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Save My Life: How Can I Block Others From Connecting To My Network by ade101(m): 8:46pm On Dec 16, 2008
hello,
please nairaland gurus help me,i am using skannet wlan connection but the problem is people are connecting to my nectwork.for instance,the name of my network is ELEGANT,when a friend of mine power on his laptop which has the abilty to detect unsecure network,it just detect my network and the guy will start browsing.
i noticed many people have been browsing with my sytem due to the heavy monthly due which i always pay.infact from skannet analysis,i was told that i am using like 5 system with my connection whereas i used just one laptop
please save me,how can i block others from connecting to my network.
Re: Save My Life: How Can I Block Others From Connecting To My Network by gamerod: 8:50pm On Dec 16, 2008
Dude,

I dont know if to believe your story. the amount you pay does not depend on how many systems you use, also, you mentioned that Skannet gave you an analysis, so, why not simply ask Skannet how to make your network secure, rather than coming to NairaLand? You know what to do, yet, you still come to NairaLand.
Re: Save My Life: How Can I Block Others From Connecting To My Network by FIRIKI(m): 1:12am On May 30, 2009
If you are you using a wireless router to connect to the internet, all you have to do is put a password or don't broadcast your user name. I Can give a step by step instruction on how to do it but I need to know what kind of router you have or you could google ;how to protect my wireless network.
Re: Save My Life: How Can I Block Others From Connecting To My Network by aieromon(m): 7:37pm On May 30, 2009
seek assistance from your service provider and believe me,the fact that other people may have connected to your computer should not account for the heavy monthly bills.
hmm,so skannet still exists??i thought starcomms had run them out of Oyo state shocked
Re: Save My Life: How Can I Block Others From Connecting To My Network by danexd(m): 12:33am On Jun 03, 2009
why are you broadcasting your network since you intend not to give out wirless service, contanct you system admin or me,
Re: Save My Life: How Can I Block Others From Connecting To My Network by Ralvy(m): 4:55am On Jun 03, 2009
As earlier stated, get your ISP to look into the issue. It's hard to give instructions as I don't know what your setup is like, and if you're using just a laptop, a router isn't really needed so I doubt you have one, but if you do, you could secure the network with a bit of search wink
Re: Save My Life: How Can I Block Others From Connecting To My Network by colgy05: 7:31pm On Jun 07, 2009
Are you sure ur WEB key is not disabled or ur wireless internet is shared without passcode, what router are using?

can also make a simple method to configure ur router,

RUN
CMD
IPCONFIG
look for DEFAULT GATEWAY copy and paste it on the browser to login into ur browser and configure if u have the administrative right.
Re: Save My Life: How Can I Block Others From Connecting To My Network by Nobody: 2:54am On Jun 08, 2009
This story sounds somehow. And by the way, i do not even know the os you are using or whatever, so i lack enough information
to instruct you on what to do, and how to do it.

(1) (Reply)

Downloading Service(giga-download) / Free Training!!! Ict E-training / Working Perfect Dell Inspiron 1521 Laptop And Ready To Use

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.