Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,278 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:41 PM

Being Business Minded (part 1) By Strive Masiyiwa - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Being Business Minded (part 1) By Strive Masiyiwa (476 Views)

Simple 7 Ways To Gain Self Discipline And Strive Towards Greatness / Scholarships For Global Leaders Of 21st Century - Posted By Dr. Strive Masiyiwa / Fast Follower - Strive Masiyiwa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Being Business Minded (part 1) By Strive Masiyiwa by opportuniti(m): 4:26pm On Jan 09, 2015
One of the fastest growing businesses in the world today is a company called Uber. For those who do not know what Uber is; it is essentially a Mobile App (a computer program, using a cell phone), which makes it possible for you to call a "taxi". Uber does not own any taxis or cars of its own. The App sends a message (similar to an SMS), to the nearest registered but independent Uber driver, within your vicinity. The car will usually arrive at your location, within 5 minutes.
Whilst using one of these services, the owner of the car, proudly told me that he was making a lot of money, as the service brings him customers. Uber take a commission, and also do the billing. All he has to do is turn up. Then the driver, added this:

"Uber has no assets, just some computer servers."

Seeing that he was a smart entrepreneur, I then engaged him in a wider conversation, about business:
I asked him so many questions, that he finally asked me, "are you planning to set up a similar business, in Africa?"
"Not really.... I'm just "BUSINESS MINDED"; I make it my business, to see the business side of any business."
I then surprised him by telling him what I already knew about Uber. For instance I told him, that Uber, is now valued at more than $40bn.

click here to continue reading: http://opportuniti.org/being-business-minded-part-1-by-strive-masiyiwa/

(1) (Reply)

Check Out My Blog / Self Made Millionaire / Get Killer Jobs With "Computer Science Made Easy"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.