Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,274 members, 7,957,688 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 05:33 PM

Ethiopian Cargo Plane Crash-Lands At Kotoka Airport, Accra - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ethiopian Cargo Plane Crash-Lands At Kotoka Airport, Accra (14428 Views)

Turkish Cargo Plane Crashes In Kyrgyzstan Killing 37 People - Graphic Photos / U-23 National Team Escapes Plane Crash In Accra / Ghana Presidential Jet Catches Fire At Kotoka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ethiopian Cargo Plane Crash-Lands At Kotoka Airport, Accra by tdayof(m): 11:44pm On Jan 10, 2015
Re: Ethiopian Cargo Plane Crash-Lands At Kotoka Airport, Accra by Nobody: 11:48pm On Jan 10, 2015
tdayof:
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Instrument_Landing_System

Cc:CityNg cheesy

The funny thing is your lame attempt to try to get me to go to Wiki grin

Do you guys ever pluck yourself from your PS3 or other video games and go out and get real world experiences?

Go to Airliners.Net, don't register and just read and educate yourself.
Re: Ethiopian Cargo Plane Crash-Lands At Kotoka Airport, Accra by tdayof(m): 11:49pm On Jan 10, 2015
CityNG:

The funny thing is you lame attempt to try to get me to go to Wiki grin

Do you guys ever pluck yourself from your PS3 or other video games and go out and get real world experiences?

Go to Airliners.Net, don't register and just read and educate yourself.
ahah I don't need to read that! Have gat a lot here to read!
Am an aeronautical engineering student so I know much about that!

Re: Ethiopian Cargo Plane Crash-Lands At Kotoka Airport, Accra by Nobody: 11:50pm On Jan 10, 2015
tdayof:

Being obsessed with aviationdoesn't mean you know all about it!

Watch all this first!

http://m.youtube.com/results?gl=NG&client=mv-google&hl=en&q=air+crash+investigation&submit=Search

Using the word obsessed makes it seem like you're getting bent out of shape.

The word buff and obsessed have different meanings. I suggest you educate yourself on it.

Unfortunately I won't be going to your YouTube link as it's just going to be another fools errand of which I have no interest.
Re: Ethiopian Cargo Plane Crash-Lands At Kotoka Airport, Accra by martyns303(m): 11:50pm On Jan 10, 2015
tdayof:
. • Runway Lights • Taxiway Lights • Wind Cones
• Obstruction Lights • Approach Systems • Regulators (Hevi-Duty)

Lol, this guy tho. In ur first post u said "the pilot should have requested for landing equipmets " so a pilot needs to request to use runway, taxi, obstruction and approach lights? grin don't know why u mentioned wind cones tho, as it simply tells where the wind is coming from which a pilot already have either from meter or tower. And since visibility is bad how his he supposed to see it? And exactly how do u request to use a wind cone and runway light tho? "Speed bird 123 requesting runway lights" or " speed bird 123 requesting wind cones"? Lol.

1 Like

Re: Ethiopian Cargo Plane Crash-Lands At Kotoka Airport, Accra by Nobody: 11:52pm On Jan 10, 2015
tdayof:
ahah I don't need to read that! Have gat a lot here to read!
Am an aeronautical engineering student so I know much about that!

Aha this completely now explains your total lack of comprehension on why the off runway excursion occurred.

One day you'll become the Minister of Aviation and you'll carry this your ideology there cry
Re: Ethiopian Cargo Plane Crash-Lands At Kotoka Airport, Accra by tdayof(m): 11:52pm On Jan 10, 2015
Enthusiasm is intense enjoyment , interest or
approval . ote author=CityNG post=29681943]

The word buff and obsessed have different meanings. I suggest you educate yourself on it.

Unfortunately I won't be going to your YouTube link as it's just going to be another fools errand of which I have no interest.[/quote]Buff, slang term for an enthusiast

Aaa
Re: Ethiopian Cargo Plane Crash-Lands At Kotoka Airport, Accra by martyns303(m): 11:53pm On Jan 10, 2015
tdayof:
.http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Instrument_Landing_System

Bros skidding has nothing to do with ILS.
Re: Ethiopian Cargo Plane Crash-Lands At Kotoka Airport, Accra by tdayof(m): 11:54pm On Jan 10, 2015
CityNG:

Aha this completely now explains your total lack of comprehension on why the off runway excursion occurred.

One day you'll become the Minister of Aviation and you'll carry this your ideology there
cry
what did you type now? how does it relate to my post? lipsrsealed
Go catch some sleep bye grin
Re: Ethiopian Cargo Plane Crash-Lands At Kotoka Airport, Accra by Nobody: 11:56pm On Jan 10, 2015
martyns303:

Lol, the guy is just too funny. When I saw his first post I said what equipments? Aquaplanning or worn thread without firm landing is a major cause of skidding, but these big birds are equipped with anti skid, break locks etc. absolutely nothing to do with visibility.

They are so equipped as you so eloquently stated but they may not be functioning very well and/or crew not well trained.

Or even totally failure at touch down of that system.

There was a crash here where one side failed causing the plane to pull right off the runway. The crew knew it wasn't working when they took off but forgot not to use it when they landed so the place just took off on a turn as soon as it touched the ground since they armed skid control as per of their pre landing checklist. Pilot error.
Re: Ethiopian Cargo Plane Crash-Lands At Kotoka Airport, Accra by tdayof(m): 11:56pm On Jan 10, 2015
martyns303:

Bros skidding has nothing to do with ILS.
Bros was never talking about skidding till he made mention of the word! Was talking about bad weather and the use of ILS to avoid veering off runway!
Re: Ethiopian Cargo Plane Crash-Lands At Kotoka Airport, Accra by Nobody: 11:58pm On Jan 10, 2015
tdayof:
what did you type now? how does it relate to my post? lipsrsealed
Go catch some sleep bye grin

That you wouldn't understand how it relates to you post is actually understandable. You've impressed me as someone who has no knowledge on the subject being discussed.

On the matter of going to sleep, it's not even 3PM yet, why should I be going to sleep at this early afternoon?

By the way, why are you concerned about my sleeping pattern and what does that have to do with this thread?
Re: Ethiopian Cargo Plane Crash-Lands At Kotoka Airport, Accra by Nobody: 11:59pm On Jan 10, 2015
tdayof:
Bros was never talking about skidding till he made mention of the word! Was talking about bad weather and the use of ILS to avoid veering off runway!

When airplanes goes off the runway during bad weather it's usually due to skidding.

I'm sure you can pull that up on your Chinko Android with the bootleg aviation software grin
Re: Ethiopian Cargo Plane Crash-Lands At Kotoka Airport, Accra by tdayof(m): 11:59pm On Jan 10, 2015
martyns303:

Lol, this guy tho. In ur first post u said "the pilot should have requested for landing equipmets " so a pilot needs to request to use runway, taxi, obstruction and approach lights? grin don't know why u mentioned wind cones tho, as it simply tells where the wind is coming from which a pilot already have either from meter or tower. And since visibility is bad how his he supposed to see it? And exactly how do u request to use a wind cone and runway light tho? "Speed bird 123 requesting runway lights" or " speed bird 123 requesting wind cones"? Lol.
lol I corrected my self! Those are airport lighting equipment
Re: Ethiopian Cargo Plane Crash-Lands At Kotoka Airport, Accra by Nobody: 12:03am On Jan 11, 2015
tdayof:
lol I corrected my self! Those are airport lighting equipment

grin
Re: Ethiopian Cargo Plane Crash-Lands At Kotoka Airport, Accra by martyns303(m): 12:03am On Jan 11, 2015
CityNG:

They are so equipped as you so eloquently stated but they may not be functioning very well and/or crew not well trained.

Or even totally failure at touch down of that system.

There was a crash here where one side failed causing the plane to pull right off the runway. The crew knew it wasn't working when they took off but forgot not to use it when they landed so the place just took off on a turn as soon as it touched the ground since they armed skid control as per of their pre landing checklist. Pilot error.

Good lad, PPL, CPL ATPL?
Re: Ethiopian Cargo Plane Crash-Lands At Kotoka Airport, Accra by tdayof(m): 12:05am On Jan 11, 2015
CityNG:

When airplanes goes off the runway during bad weather it's usually[b] due to skidding.
[/b]
I'm sure you can pull that up on your Chinko Android with the bootleg aviation software grin
alone?
Re: Ethiopian Cargo Plane Crash-Lands At Kotoka Airport, Accra by Nobody: 12:05am On Jan 11, 2015
tdayof:
Enthusiasm is intense enjoyment , interest or
approval . ote author=CityNG post=29681943]

Unfortunately I won't be going to your YouTube link as it's just going to be another fools errand of which I have no interest.Buff, slang term for an enthusiast

Aaa

I think only he can know what this post means grin

Re: Ethiopian Cargo Plane Crash-Lands At Kotoka Airport, Accra by Nobody: 12:10am On Jan 11, 2015
martyns303:

Good lad, PPL, CPL ATPL?

Some PPL hours way back (I really should finish and be a bush pilot in Nigeria - I think money can be made ferrying people from Lagos to Igbo land) but one of my next door neighbors was a CPL for a cargo company. Also have coworkers who were ex US military pilots. It took me a while to figure out that only 1% or so US military pilots fly jet fighters, the rest just fly more mundane planes grin
Re: Ethiopian Cargo Plane Crash-Lands At Kotoka Airport, Accra by martyns303(m): 12:19am On Jan 11, 2015
CityNG:

Some PPL hours way back (I really should finish and be a bush pilot in Nigeria - I think money can be made ferrying people from Lagos to Igbo land) but one of my next door neighbors was a CPL for a cargo company. Also have coworkers who were ex US military pilots. It took me a while to figure out that only 1% or so US military pilots fly jet fighters, the rest just fly more mundane planes grin

Nice.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

47 Airlines Have Folded Up In Nigeria —operators / Private Jet Operators Eye Bumper Profits As 2019 Campaigns Begin Tomorrow / Naira Crash Makes Lagos, Abuja Cheapest Cities For Expatriates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.