Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,367 members, 7,829,938 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:57 PM

Gsm Questions: Retrieving Numbers And Blocking Calls - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Gsm Questions: Retrieving Numbers And Blocking Calls (3482 Views)

MTN Customer Care Whatsapp Numbers / Problem Encountered In Retrieving My Airtel Line. / Are You Interested In Retrieving People Airtel Lost/damage Sim? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gsm Questions: Retrieving Numbers And Blocking Calls by toze: 1:18pm On Aug 16, 2006
I've got 2 questions.

1. If a sim card is throw away (not ina phone), can the content (phone numbers stored on the PIN, call logs etc) still be retrieved from the phone company (e.g vmobile)?

2. How do u block some numbers from calling you (blacklist)?
Re: Gsm Questions: Retrieving Numbers And Blocking Calls by Fdeveloper(m): 1:54pm On Aug 17, 2006
Ans 1: The phone company will have a record of the both incoming and outgoing calls however I would imagine that for privacy reasons they are highly unlikely to give you the data. Such data is normally only released following a request from the police and/or national security services.

Ans 2: The ability to block some or all incoming calls is handset dependent so you have to consult your user manual to ascertain if it's possible.
Re: Gsm Questions: Retrieving Numbers And Blocking Calls by Neoteny(m): 2:49pm On Aug 17, 2006
currently theres no way u can retrieve lost numbers. but for the future here are a few suggestions.

1. if u can get a smartphone, preferably nokia, and install YAHOO GO. you can then synchronize your phonebook with your yahoo conatcts such that wen u lose ur fone and sim u can always retrieve ur contacts from any device that can access your yahoo account.

2. on the same smartphone, you can find tons of blacklisting applications such as Blacklist or BlackBaller to filter out sms and calls from any number.

or you can just plain write out your contacts list in a notepad, and reject calls from unwantd callers.
Re: Gsm Questions: Retrieving Numbers And Blocking Calls by WackyJ1(m): 7:43pm On Aug 14, 2009
Fdeveloper:

Ans 1: The phone company will have a record of the both incoming and outgoing calls however I would imagine that for privacy reasons they are highly unlikely to give you the data. Such data is normally only released following a request from the police and/or national security services.

Ans 2: The ability to block some or all incoming calls is handset dependent so you have to consult your user manual to ascertain if it's possible.
Pardon me. But in nigeria i don't think i've heard of it before( Ans 1).
If you want to be able to retrieve your contacts you can synchronise them with you service provider or any other website that supports it beforehand.
Also if you want to block numbers just try fixed dialing, all you need is your Pin 2.
Re: Gsm Questions: Retrieving Numbers And Blocking Calls by samtek(m): 12:54pm On Aug 15, 2009
@poster you can't get your number back if you lose ur sim unless you have it save elsewhere (computer or some website) 4 those that want 2 block specific number or group of numbers fixed dial does not work which network wld give u pin2 dat only worked wen i was using mtel. Well if you have a smart phone get handy blacklist thats what i use it very efficient it shows the caller "USER BUSY" without even ringin and does not even show you missed call on ur phone
Re: Gsm Questions: Retrieving Numbers And Blocking Calls by samtek(m): 12:54pm On Aug 15, 2009
@poster you can't get your number back if you lose ur sim unless you have it save elsewhere (computer or some website) 4 those that want 2 block specific number or group of numbers fixed dial does not work which network wld give u pin2 dat only worked wen i was using mtel. Well if you have a smart phone get handy blacklist thats what i use it very efficient it shows the caller "USER BUSY" without even ringin and does not even show you missed call on ur phone
Re: Gsm Questions: Retrieving Numbers And Blocking Calls by samtek(m): 12:55pm On Aug 15, 2009
Re: Gsm Questions: Retrieving Numbers And Blocking Calls by samtek(m): 12:56pm On Aug 15, 2009
Re: Gsm Questions: Retrieving Numbers And Blocking Calls by samtek(m): 12:56pm On Aug 15, 2009
Re: Gsm Questions: Retrieving Numbers And Blocking Calls by samtek(m): 12:58pm On Aug 15, 2009
Re: Gsm Questions: Retrieving Numbers And Blocking Calls by samtek(m): 12:58pm On Aug 15, 2009
Re: Gsm Questions: Retrieving Numbers And Blocking Calls by Tunexsy(m): 12:14am On Aug 16, 2009
Pls how do i fill mtnonline sim swap?

(1) (Reply)

Ebooks For Android And Ios / Airtel Internet Data Plan / Here’s Why Many People Want Their Blackberrys Back After Switching To iOS & Andr

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.