Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,802 members, 7,810,093 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:33 PM

Federal Task Force Job Unofficially Closes (what We Must Do) - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Federal Task Force Job Unofficially Closes (what We Must Do) (1602 Views)

Nigeria Police Force Salary Structure (screenshots) / The Authority Structure Of The Nigerian Police Force / Many Resign From Glo Ghana As Company Closes Many Of Its Outlets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Federal Task Force Job Unofficially Closes (what We Must Do) by iwant2beheard: 4:41pm On Jan 11, 2015
Let me start with this famous quote

“In order to move others deeply, we must deliberately allow ourselves to be carried away beyond the bounds of our normal sensibilities” (joseph Conrad)

They just don’t care about us!
First of all, I don’t intend to antagonize anybody/government, all I am advocating for is a voice for us youths.
With that aside, let me give you a preamble of my journey into Federal task force Nigeria.
I am a Nigerian in every sense of it, I grew up in an ‘urban jungle’ (lagos, ojodu berber), paid money to rent bicycles, rolled tyres, etc. I went to secondary school, struggled to pass waec and jamb(for 3 years, 1998-2000), got to higher institution, endured strike actions, suffered endless tribulations in the university (times when we had to fetch water from a far distance, no light, mosquito bites, overcrowded classrooms, payment of hand outs etc).

I eventually graduated in 2006, served my fatherland (in Akwa-ibom,nsit ntai) started the job hunting immediately after service to no avail, I felt I needed to better my chances by furthering my studies, I went to the UK in 2008 and acquired my masters degree in business administration, I got my work permit (2yrs), I decided to stay back a bit to ‘test the waters’ in order to ascertain if UK would be better for me, it wasn’t, I ended up being a ‘health care assistant’, got fed up, packed my bags, and came back to Nigeria, come what may, its my fatherland (so I stupidly thought).

Ever since I got back to Nigeria (in 2010), I had been looking for a job still to no avail, I was either underemployed (35k), or I was overused. I was part of the candidates that wrote the ‘deadly’ immigration exams, i was only begging God for miracle, going for night vigils and prayer session became a ritual, I decided to go for my Phd, I was accepted (in Unilag) but unfortunately, ran out of funds, then the much awaited miracle came along in the form of Federal task Force. Recruitment was at toll gate, berger. Finally, I will have something doing…
I had to believe that the government had become sensitive to our plight, I mean, with this federal task force job, I would be able to serve my fatherland once again. I paid 25,000 (part of the money that is supposed to be used to fund my Doctorate program) for the recruitment with the belief that we were going to kick off soon and I would be able to raise money for my Phd later. That was April 2014. I went for training under the hot sun for 3 months, eventually, I had to stay home for the fear of depleting the meager sum I was getting from my old man’s pension (at my age I still collect money from my parents, am 34).

We got information that FTF (Abrev. For federal task force) would kick off soon, people were deployed to the roads, we were told we would be paid money for mobilization, that Jonathan was coming to ‘launch ‘ us officially at TBS, that was all a sham…

I eventually lost interest in the federal task force job, there was a particular day I was going home, I was in a traffic very close to the training ground at toll gate, I saw a lady (recruit)was being shouted upon (by the group commandant) to bang her leg on the floor (as part of the drill), I saw her desperate effort to impress the officer, she pounded her leg on the floor in a desperate bid to have a career, completely oblivious of the fact that she is a victim of a hoax, from the country which we are made to believe we can die for. Bob marley’s ‘emancipate yourself from mental slavery’ voice continued ringing in my ears…

Men of the FTF were deployed on the roads, and suffered abuses, attacks, curses, etc, and you know the worst part? They were not even paid a dime since its inception. Many continued to be hopeful until much recently…
We were told to come pick up a form at the toll gate,

all of a sudden, things stopped just as it had started, we were given a list of things you could make locally, (e.g. paints, soap, fufu, etc) and to choose one of the items on the list, and you would be trained for 2 weeks, thereafter (after the election) a certain amount would be paid to you to start up your own local business, and by the way, you are all not officers (or whatever you called yourselves) any more, you can go home now, that’s all.

My knees trembled under my feet…

I wept.

Where did we go wrong? How?

It’s a thing to be unemployed and searching, its another thing to be insulted on it, in the FTF, we have people with Phds, masters, and Bscs and we could all be treated, like that?
And yes, we were told we had to vote for jonathan/jimi agbaje if we ever want to stand a chance of getting the ‘certain ‘amount. During my personal investigation, I discovered that we were more than 100,000 that had been recruited, what a country!

What am I advocating for? I want my voice to be heard, this is time we youths must put aside our differences, Yoruba, hausa, igbo,igala, ibira, etc, we need to make our self heard till they care about us…
I am not against any party neither am I supporting any also, all I am saying is that; if we continue to keep silent, nothing is g oing to get better, even if government administration changes…
Be it APC or PDP that comes in come my 29, I really don’t care, I just want the best for me and my next generation, surely that cant be too much to ask our government for?

I advocate for a voice, to be heard, to have a better life for our next generation, so I am starting this hash tag for Nigerian youth.

#I WANT TO BE HEARD

We should ride on this train till it will get to the to people who might really care about us, according a cartoon, (Dr zeus)
“Unless somebody cares an awful lot, nothing is going to get better, no it won’t”

I hereby call on all the federal task force recruits, and all the youths in Nigeria and diaspora, to unite in one struggle, if they see our numbers, they will be forced to do something great for us (not only FTF but all the youths)
Just sign by dropping the hash tag in your comment box
CC seun, barcanista, lalasticlala,obinoscopy, Mizmycoli, etc you all know what to do!

A word for seun and the NL MOD’s
“In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends”(martin luther ling jnr)

#I WANT TO BE HEARD

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Federal Task Force Job Unofficially Closes (what We Must Do) by talktobetchu: 4:55pm On Jan 11, 2015
#I WANT TO BE HEARD
Re: Federal Task Force Job Unofficially Closes (what We Must Do) by Abduletudaye(m): 5:07pm On Jan 11, 2015
Re: Federal Task Force Job Unofficially Closes (what We Must Do) by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jan 11, 2015
My brother OP, I understand your pains. You are one of the victims of the fraudulent government. A childhood friend on tellin me the SURE-P FTF stuff, how he has been "recruited", I told him that it was all scam. He left the "job" after spending 35k for kits and got a teaching job. It hurt me to see Nigerians being defrauded by the con artists-in-power. What we need from you Sir is to warn your circle so as to change the fraudulent government. Thank God you weren't among the unfortunate victims of immigration recruitment. You have a huge potentials and you are one of the incoming leaders of our generation. By the grace of God we shall bring down this fraudsters-in-power and make them pay for their sins. Stay cool... God will open your way!!

4 Likes

Re: Federal Task Force Job Unofficially Closes (what We Must Do) by iwant2beheard: 5:36pm On Jan 11, 2015
barcanista:
My brother OP, I understand your pains. You are one of the victims of the fraudulent government. A childhood friend on tellin me the SURE-P FTF stuff, how he has been "recruited", I told him that it was all scam. He left the "job" after spending 35k for kits and got a teaching job. It hurt me to see Nigerians being defrauded by the con artists-in-power. What we need from you Sir is to warn your circle so as to change the fraudulent government. Thank God you weren't among the unfortunate victims of immigration recruitment. You have a huge potentials and you are one of the incoming leaders of our generation. By the grace of God we shall bring down this fraudsters-in-power and make them pay for their sins. Stay cool... God will open your way!!
that's mightily kind of you bro!

But if we don't advocate for change now, then when?
Re: Federal Task Force Job Unofficially Closes (what We Must Do) by Mynd44: 5:44pm On Jan 11, 2015
I am sorry bro but the truth is that Senator Obanikoro just had you people there he was thinking he would win the PDP Lagos primary and so he could use you to work for him during the election but that did not work out fine so there is no more use for you and countless other people.

I am sorry for your pains
Re: Federal Task Force Job Unofficially Closes (what We Must Do) by iwant2beheard: 5:54pm On Jan 11, 2015
Mynd44:
I am sorry bro but the truth is that Senator Obanikoro just had you people there he was thinking he would win the PDP Lagos primary and so he could use you to work for him during the election but that did not work out fine so there is no more use for you and countless other people.

I am sorry for your pains
when I got this same information last tuesday, I felt demoralized. So we had been pawns to someone's selfish political ambition. What a shame!
Re: Federal Task Force Job Unofficially Closes (what We Must Do) by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jan 11, 2015
iwant2beheard:
that's mightily kind of you bro!

But if we don't advocate for change now, then when?
God bless you for speaking up!!!
Re: Federal Task Force Job Unofficially Closes (what We Must Do) by Mynd44: 5:56pm On Jan 11, 2015
iwant2beheard:
when I got this same information last tuesday, I felt demoralized. So we had been pawns to someone's selfish political ambition. What a shame!
We have horrible leaders in Nigeria and that is what's wrong. I am sure if Obanikoro is asked, he will deny it
Re: Federal Task Force Job Unofficially Closes (what We Must Do) by timawoku(m): 6:37pm On Jan 11, 2015
#i want to be heard
Re: Federal Task Force Job Unofficially Closes (what We Must Do) by afunmmy: 6:42pm On Jan 11, 2015
I feel u pain bro. I am a victim like u. My station was at toll gate badagry, I quit after sumtym to continue my tiny little bizness.
We are all victims of our leaders ignorance. I am joining ur movement o. #IWANTTOBEHEARD
Re: Federal Task Force Job Unofficially Closes (what We Must Do) by timawoku(m): 7:00pm On Jan 11, 2015
I hereby call on the mods to please do the needful, there are lots of FTF recruits that I know, they are not even aware that it has been 'unofficially' cancelled... @seun please do the needful...
Re: Federal Task Force Job Unofficially Closes (what We Must Do) by MizMyColi(f): 7:34pm On Jan 11, 2015
That feeling of enormous disappointment; of dashed hopes sad.

My Brother, you will rise again, you will shine. This is my message to you. You will not stay down, every elemental force in the universe works in your favour.

To those who wilfully trample on others, who toy with the dreams and hopes of many; one word --- Repent (Have A Change Of Thinking).

#IWantToBeHeard

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Federal Task Force Job Unofficially Closes (what We Must Do) by sosiqdude(m): 7:52pm On Jan 11, 2015
what a long true life story..

Nigeria....only God can save us from this sh1ttt!! I keep on praying for better for once

GOVERMENT
Re: Federal Task Force Job Unofficially Closes (what We Must Do) by odeku457(m): 6:48am On Jan 12, 2015
Hey man.... i always see guys all stood up @that tollgate in ketu.... Sorry you had to go through that... for nothing.

GOD BLESS NIGERIA. I PRAY GOOD THINGS COME TO US ALL IJN.

#IWANTTOBEHEARD.
Re: Federal Task Force Job Unofficially Closes (what We Must Do) by harthonder(m): 6:54am On Jan 12, 2015
I'm also a victim of this scam.

#IWANTTOBEHEARD.
Re: Federal Task Force Job Unofficially Closes (what We Must Do) by iwant2beheard: 10:33am On Jan 12, 2015
barcanista:
God bless you for speaking up!!!
believing in supernatural causes of evil is unnecessary, men alone are quite capable of every wickedness... (Joseph conrad)
Re: Federal Task Force Job Unofficially Closes (what We Must Do) by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jan 25, 2015
#IWANTTOBEHEARD
Re: Federal Task Force Job Unofficially Closes (what We Must Do) by Xxpress(m): 10:53pm On Jan 25, 2015
#iwanttobeheard
Re: Federal Task Force Job Unofficially Closes (what We Must Do) by free2ryhme: 10:22am On Jan 26, 2015
iwant2beheard:
Let me start with this famous quote

“In order to move others deeply, we must deliberately allow ourselves to be carried away beyond the bounds of our normal sensibilities” (joseph Conrad)

They just don’t care about us!
First of all, I don’t intend to antagonize anybody/government, all I am advocating for is a voice for us youths.
With that aside, let me give you a preamble of my journey into Federal task force Nigeria.
I am a Nigerian in every sense of it, I grew up in an ‘urban jungle’ (lagos, ojodu berber), paid money to rent bicycles, rolled tyres, etc. I went to secondary school, struggled to pass waec and jamb(for 3 years, 1998-2000), got to higher institution, endured strike actions, suffered endless tribulations in the university (times when we had to fetch water from a far distance, no light, mosquito bites, overcrowded classrooms, payment of hand outs etc).

I eventually graduated in 2006, served my fatherland (in Akwa-ibom,nsit ntai) started the job hunting immediately after service to no avail, I felt I needed to better my chances by furthering my studies, I went to the UK in 2008 and acquired my masters degree in business administration, I got my work permit (2yrs), I decided to stay back a bit to ‘test the waters’ in order to ascertain if UK would be better for me, it wasn’t, I ended up being a ‘health care assistant’, got fed up, packed my bags, and came back to Nigeria, come what may, its my fatherland (so I stupidly thought).

Ever since I got back to Nigeria (in 2010), I had been looking for a job still to no avail, I was either underemployed (35k), or I was overused. I was part of the candidates that wrote the ‘deadly’ immigration exams, i was only begging God for miracle, going for night vigils and prayer session became a ritual, I decided to go for my Phd, I was accepted (in Unilag) but unfortunately, ran out of funds, then the much awaited miracle came along in the form of Federal task Force. Recruitment was at toll gate, berger. Finally, I will have something doing…
I had to believe that the government had become sensitive to our plight, I mean, with this federal task force job, I would be able to serve my fatherland once again. I paid 25,000 (part of the money that is supposed to be used to fund my Doctorate program) for the recruitment with the belief that we were going to kick off soon and I would be able to raise money for my Phd later. That was April 2014. I went for training under the hot sun for 3 months, eventually, I had to stay home for the fear of depleting the meager sum I was getting from my old man’s pension (at my age I still collect money from my parents, am 34).

We got information that FTF (Abrev. For federal task force) would kick off soon, people were deployed to the roads, we were told we would be paid money for mobilization, that Jonathan was coming to ‘launch ‘ us officially at TBS, that was all a sham…

I eventually lost interest in the federal task force job, there was a particular day I was going home, I was in a traffic very close to the training ground at toll gate, I saw a lady (recruit)was being shouted upon (by the group commandant) to bang her leg on the floor (as part of the drill), I saw her desperate effort to impress the officer, she pounded her leg on the floor in a desperate bid to have a career, completely oblivious of the fact that she is a victim of a hoax, from the country which we are made to believe we can die for. Bob marley’s ‘emancipate yourself from mental slavery’ voice continued ringing in my ears…

Men of the FTF were deployed on the roads, and suffered abuses, attacks, curses, etc, and you know the worst part? They were not even paid a dime since its inception. Many continued to be hopeful until much recently…
We were told to come pick up a form at the toll gate,

all of a sudden, things stopped just as it had started, we were given a list of things you could make locally, (e.g. paints, soap, fufu, etc) and to choose one of the items on the list, and you would be trained for 2 weeks, thereafter (after the election) a certain amount would be paid to you to start up your own local business, and by the way, you are all not officers (or whatever you called yourselves) any more, you can go home now, that’s all.

My knees trembled under my feet…

I wept.

Where did we go wrong? How?

It’s a thing to be unemployed and searching, its another thing to be insulted on it, in the FTF, we have people with Phds, masters, and Bscs and we could all be treated, like that?
And yes, we were told we had to vote for jonathan/jimi agbaje if we ever want to stand a chance of getting the ‘certain ‘amount. During my personal investigation, I discovered that we were more than 100,000 that had been recruited, what a country!

What am I advocating for? I want my voice to be heard, this is time we youths must put aside our differences, Yoruba, hausa, igbo,igala, ibira, etc, we need to make our self heard till they care about us…
I am not against any party neither am I supporting any also, all I am saying is that; if we continue to keep silent, nothing is g oing to get better, even if government administration changes…
Be it APC or PDP that comes in come my 29, I really don’t care, I just want the best for me and my next generation, surely that cant be too much to ask our government for?

I advocate for a voice, to be heard, to have a better life for our next generation, so I am starting this hash tag for Nigerian youth.

#I WANT TO BE HEARD

We should ride on this train till it will get to the to people who might really care about us, according a cartoon, (Dr zeus)
“Unless somebody cares an awful lot, nothing is going to get better, no it won’t”

I hereby call on all the federal task force recruits, and all the youths in Nigeria and diaspora, to unite in one struggle, if they see our numbers, they will be forced to do something great for us (not only FTF but all the youths)
Just sign by dropping the hash tag in your comment box
CC seun, barcanista, lalasticlala,obinoscopy, Mizmycoli, etc you all know what to do!

A word for seun and the NL MOD’s
“In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends”(martin luther ling jnr)

#I WANT TO BE HEARD

I read your post with heavy heart and I do drive past toll gate from ojota when going home after my night shift from work.

I see young and vibrant people but no will power to better their lives. The truth is this no reasonable youth in that camp there is ready to pay the price for a revolutioon in this country. And the mental of e go beta one day is your greatest setback to this so call I want to be heard.

Every nigerian thinks abt himself and his/her family nothing more.

You have various degree and evn travelled out of this country and yet u are still gunning for a phd. Do u want to tell me all thru dis u nvr met someone who could connect you?

Guy this is nigeria and you are on your own. I will not tell my faMily member to go stand and wait for one useless president who does not deem it fit to beta our lives. You are on your own and it is the bitter truth. Even seun on nairaland, mukina2, berem, lalasticala and that useless ijebabe no send you

2 Likes

Re: Federal Task Force Job Unofficially Closes (what We Must Do) by EmpressDiva: 4:26pm On Feb 08, 2015
I found myself amongst FTF late october last year and after 3wks discovered it was a scam. Early december, a guy came and told me about a seminar going on quite close, having wasted my time at toll gate, I with 2 of my friends followed him... And the rest is i am better off and God actually led me to FTF at toll gate to tap into this blessing. I told several pple there, but they prefer to be wasting their precious time but as I write, i have never stepped there since after the first week of jan. OP, contact me here, sybergel2000@gmail.com. I feel your plight.

(1) (Reply)

How To Make 500k Monthly In Real Estate With Zero Capital . Guaranteed / I Need Your Advice: Just Got A Job In A Chinese Factory / Career Opportunity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.