Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,013 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:16 AM

Badluck Met Our Super Eagles, Now They 've Turned To Chickens - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Badluck Met Our Super Eagles, Now They 've Turned To Chickens (1185 Views)

FIFA Rankings: Super Eagles Now 7th In Africa, 41st In World / Super Eagles Now 50th In Latest FIFA Ranking / Super Eagles now Play Spanish Tiki-taka-balogun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Badluck Met Our Super Eagles, Now They 've Turned To Chickens by MichaelSokoto(m): 11:53pm On Jan 11, 2015
Côte d’Ivoire Sunday defeated African champions
Nigeria 1-0 in Abu Dhabi, thanks to a late goal from
former Chelsea forward Salomon Kalou. The
Elephants attacked more in the game, but they were
unable to find a way through against the equally
impressive Super Eagles side who stood tall to them.
With both coaches fielding talented players in the
build up game, the two teams treated the fans to a
classic, but the one-time African Cup of Nations
winners nevertheless managed to emerge
triumphant with Kalou’s 84th-minute strike.
Super Eagles stand-in coach Daniel Amokachi handed
starts to enterprising Stanley Dimgba and Nigeria
Professional Football League top marksman Mfon
Udoh.
There was a worrying sight for Elephants fans in the
opening exchanges when the dangerous Gambo
Mohammed side footed his effort from close range.
Cote d’Ivoire fielded majority of their stars with
African Footballer of the Year, Yaya Toure getting a
good match from the fearless Joseph Nathaniel in
the midfield.
Roma winger, Gervinho should have given the
Elephants the lead in the 27th minute of the match
when he beat the Nigeria defence, but he was denied
by goalkeeper Chigozie Agbim.
Cote d’Ivoire threatened again when Serge Aurier
headed wide from a corner kick and the first half
ended goalless in Abu Dhabi.
In a bid to grab the winner, the Cote D’Ivoire
technical crew led by Hervé Renard threw more
bodies upfront and pressurised the Super Eagles side
in the second half.
At the home stretch, Newcastle United midfielder
Chieck Tiote found Kalou in the area and the forward
slotted the past Agbim in goal for Nigeria. Nigeria’s
tour of United Arab Emirates will come to an end
with a game against the Falcons of Sudan on 17th Jan 2015

www.vanguardngr.com/2015/01/cote-divoire-clip-eagles-wings/
Re: Badluck Met Our Super Eagles, Now They 've Turned To Chickens by thaoriginator: 12:14am On Jan 12, 2015
grin

1 Like

Re: Badluck Met Our Super Eagles, Now They 've Turned To Chickens by thaoriginator: 12:16am On Jan 12, 2015
Failure everywhere! Wey that yeye yobo boy sef! D idiott don dey lick GEJ yansh hole now..

1 Like

Re: Badluck Met Our Super Eagles, Now They 've Turned To Chickens by blemon44(m): 12:32am On Jan 12, 2015
falcons

but i'm proud of the team that played cote d'Ivoire cos its not the first eleven
many of them are just making their super eagles debut and almost all of them
are home based players
Re: Badluck Met Our Super Eagles, Now They 've Turned To Chickens by 360command: 1:15am On Jan 12, 2015
All the same , I am a winner. 9ja in my heart, Yopugon in my mind. I love the African West. I see uniqueness in our blood.
Re: Badluck Met Our Super Eagles, Now They 've Turned To Chickens by 12large1: 1:32am On Jan 12, 2015
yall must be mad if you thinking you expect local players to beat the likes of proven world class stars like yaya, toure, gervinho, kalou n co

1 Like

Re: Badluck Met Our Super Eagles, Now They 've Turned To Chickens by 360command: 1:46am On Jan 12, 2015
blemon44:
falcons

but i'm proud of the team that played cote d'Ivoire cos its not the first eleven
many of them are just making their super eagles debut and almost all of them
are home based players
nonsense. your best eleven team would struggle with the elephants. The elephants are capable in playing the world eleven. I just love the elephants.
Re: Badluck Met Our Super Eagles, Now They 've Turned To Chickens by sambos994(m): 2:18am On Jan 12, 2015
360command:
nonsense. your best eleven team would struggle with the elephants. The elephants are capable in playing the world eleven. I just love the elephants.

Yea, because they won the last time they played us, right?

If they're as good as you say they are, then they should've beaten our local team 4-0 or 5-0. The fact that they won by a goal that was produced from a misplaced pass, means that they have ALOT of work to do.

1 Like

Re: Badluck Met Our Super Eagles, Now They 've Turned To Chickens by 360command: 7:25am On Jan 12, 2015
sambos994:

Yea, because they won the last time they played us, right?

If they're as good as you say they are, then they should've beaten our local team 4-0 or 5-0. The fact that they won by a goal that was produced from a misplaced pass, means that they have ALOT of work to do.
the last time we won but they fought to the last end. Look, my point is,the ivorian team wud take on any team any day anytime. Whether your team is dream team or fifa 11
Re: Badluck Met Our Super Eagles, Now They 've Turned To Chickens by blemon44(m): 4:15pm On Jan 12, 2015
360command:

But Nigeria first eleven defeated that your elephants a year a ago

when the super eagles were the underdogs
Re: Badluck Met Our Super Eagles, Now They 've Turned To Chickens by 360command: 4:19pm On Jan 12, 2015
blemon44:

But Nigeria first eleven defeated that your elephants a year a ago

when the super eagles were the underdogs
ignorance is what is killing you. That same elephant defeated S.eagles 2 nations cup back.
Re: Badluck Met Our Super Eagles, Now They 've Turned To Chickens by sambos994(m): 1:48am On Jan 14, 2015
360command:
ignorance is what is killing you. That same elephant defeated S.eagles 2 nations cup back.

And that was what, 6 years ago? The fact of the matter is that the elephants should have a better team with the calibre of players they have NOW. They haven't been living up to expectation.
Re: Badluck Met Our Super Eagles, Now They 've Turned To Chickens by 360command: 2:38am On Jan 14, 2015
sambos994:

And that was what, 6 years ago? The fact of the matter is that the elephants should have a better team with the calibre of players they have NOW. They haven't been living up to expectation.
and what are we? We rise n fall, fall n rise. Tune on your dstv, multitv ,watch other african stations, they are saying nigeria won last cup of nations by luck. If the nigerian team is so strong ,why can't they qualify for cup of nation, last 2 worldcup, we were not there. Abeg, we dey F up for our football. We really dey F up.
Re: Badluck Met Our Super Eagles, Now They 've Turned To Chickens by IbokUtoroh(m): 8:38am On Jan 14, 2015
360command:

afta defeating us they won d cup bah?
mumu
Re: Badluck Met Our Super Eagles, Now They 've Turned To Chickens by 360command: 12:24pm On Jan 14, 2015
IbokUtoroh:

afta defeating us they won d cup bah?
mumu
yes! Buzu

(1) (Reply)

Peter Osazie Odemwingie Signs New Stoke City Deal! / Bastian Schweinsteiger Signed 2 Years Deal With Man United / Messi Wins Best Player In Europe Award

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.