Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,485 members, 7,826,834 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:18 PM

Talent Poaching vs Job Hunting: An (un)Necessary Evil? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Talent Poaching vs Job Hunting: An (un)Necessary Evil? (751 Views)

9ja Nawa.... Job Hunting Diary. / NECA Insists Banks Will Retrench Where Necessary / Is It Necessary To Complain To My Boss Or I Just Quit. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Talent Poaching vs Job Hunting: An (un)Necessary Evil? by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jan 12, 2015
Hello Nairalanders,

I've been invited for several interviews lately with 2 x + pay, nice package and benefits compared to my current role: Like they''ve been sooo persistent in calling me for interviews even after I've been posting them, but the caveat here is that 1 has been busy on projects(or try to appear so) and of course it is only proper to devote time to the current endeavour that is paying one's bills(@ all @ all)

The million dollar question goes thus(for dem employees): How do you guys come up with 'reasonable' änd plausible excuses to expend on several interviews and assessments that you may or may not land at the end of the day, albeit putting your 'bird in the hand' at risk(owing majorly to increased absenteeism/ excuses/ unauthorised sneak outs during office hours?

(or worse yet, after you send sms to escape from work with a silly line like ''I'm having ulcer, pls I won't be at work today), you r then ushered into the interview room, only for you to shake hands with your HR or Oga on the panel....an external interviewer!!!

Conversely, same goes to dem hr: Potentially how would You view a candidate that has a knack for interviewing at any given opportunity?
Wouldn't you expect him or her to jump ship when some1 else offers a 1 kobo increase in reward? wink
Re: Talent Poaching vs Job Hunting: An (un)Necessary Evil? by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jan 15, 2015
in my view, methinks it's an "opportunity cost" thing, as in one should be thinking in terms of forgone alternatives....yes, higher pay and fringe benefits may accompany another role, but would you be able to guarantee peace of mind after jumping ship undecided
Re: Talent Poaching vs Job Hunting: An (un)Necessary Evil? by Nobody: 11:57am On Apr 12, 2015
Nwokemmm
hi i saw ur mail.what's the pm about... mr Ogo?

cc: ohnaigee

(1) (Reply)

Earn 100,000 Monthly / Register Now! Yali Regional Leadership Training / Job Vacancy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.