Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,114 members, 7,838,820 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 09:56 AM

Omotola Marks 20 Years In Nollywood. - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Omotola Marks 20 Years In Nollywood. (508 Views)

'Toyo Baby' - Is Olayode Juliana The Hottest Actress In Nollywood Below 30? / Omotola Marks 38th Birthday With Stunning Picture Collage / Omotola Marks 20 Nollywood Years With Stella Maris Pupils (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Omotola Marks 20 Years In Nollywood. by HeyNaijaF(f): 2:58pm On Jan 12, 2015
http://www.heynaija.com/omotola-marks-20-years-nollywood/

One of Nigeria’s most successful Nollywood actresses, Omotola Jolade- Ekeinde, also known as Omosexy, has just marked 20 years on the screen. She had decided to put the celebrations on low-key as many of her fan were very much unaware this.

As part of the celebration, the actress had hosted her annual ” Give and Let Give” party- an event in which gifts were handed out to the less privileged. She also revealed her modest and kind-heartedness by celebrating with widows and orphans alike.

The sultry actress has come a long way in the Nigerian film industry having been once nominated as one of 100 most influential women in the world. She had been under the tutelage of producers like Zeb Ejiro. She started from the scratch and later move up the ladder of Nollywood.

Omotola Jolade- Ekeinde is one of Nigerian’s most sought-after actress. Her popularity owed much to her thespian talents. She has undoubtedly had a fabolous career in Nollywood. However, she had also had her fair share of challenges in the film sector.

There was a period where powerful cabals dominated the film industry conniving with movie marketers and distributors to introduce banning. This was as a result of her refusing to give in to the wishes of the marketers who started playing god.

These marketers took over the film industry and made her wait for almost three years before she surfaced on the Nigerian screen.

Jolade-Ekeinde had said in an interview with Lagos-based tabloid, that she had virtually stuck her neck out for Nollywood because of an urgent need to make appropriate changes to the sector. In her words , she said:

“Personally, I was fighting for all movie artistes, I wasn’t fighting for myself alone. I was fighting alongside many other colleagues of mine. They just decided in those days that we are getting too powerful and demanding too much.”

Omosexy is not done with making sacrifices. She has decided to also work behind the scenes to help in the production of quality movies that can match global standards.

Jolade- Ekeinde has carved a niche for herself with over 200 movies to her credit. Last year she received an award in Cyprus and she had dedicated it to her husband, Captain Matthew Ekeinde.

read:
http://www.heynaija.com/omotola-marks-20-years-nollywood/

(1) (Reply)

D’banj Talks About Mo’hits Break Up On The Truth / Congrats!! Olamide Welcomes Son / WOW : Little Girl Donates Lunch Money To Buhari’s Campaign, Read Her Letter Too

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.