Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,149 members, 7,849,581 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 03:39 AM

Urgent Career Advice Needed! - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Urgent Career Advice Needed! (759 Views)

Career Advice For Women / Urgent Career Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgent Career Advice Needed! by t4tgirl(f): 12:34pm On Dec 18, 2008
Hi,
I could use some advice and help. At my former place of work, I gained experience as a corporate events planner and I loved every minute of the job. I especially loved planning and coordinating the rare social events. I made a career change a couple of months ago, financially its rewarding but emotionally I am miserable. I've been thinking about quitting this job, going to work for an already established events management company for a year or two and then starting my own.

My concern is that the change in job will mean a significant pay cut and demotion on the corporate ladder.

I need advice/encouragement on weather its a good decision, how to go about it, and most important, names and contacts of credible events management companies here in Nigeria.

Thanks smiley

[b]NB:I mean total events management companies not party rental companies, i.e. those that handle seminars, conferences, product launches, concerts, etc
Re: Urgent Career Advice Needed! by Danapache(m): 2:58pm On Dec 18, 2008
just let chat and talk about it whenever you are online, my yahoo id is Lt_apache@yahoo.com its up to you
Re: Urgent Career Advice Needed! by sophia15: 6:19am On Dec 22, 2008
For additional information: Online Career Advice or Career Orientation are the right things for you,
Re: Urgent Career Advice Needed! by blueblood1(m): 10:29pm On Dec 28, 2008
dearie, theres no success without a price, and thats the fact.

u WILL eventually make good money doing what u love, but the price, in the short run, is the pay slash and what you term as moving downward the corporate ladder. its a sacrifice, that would worth it, in the long run

there are 3 things you would benefit from doing what you love:
1. You will not lack creative ideas.I guess God has a way of making your talent create the next opportunity for you and keep u above competition

2. You will ALWAYS be motivated. money is only a temporary motivator.

3. You will be fulfilled. thats the most important thing in life my dear,

SEE U AT THE TOP, TAKE THE LEAP! smiley
Re: Urgent Career Advice Needed! by t4tgirl(f): 1:31pm On Dec 29, 2008
Thanks 4 the advice

T
Re: Urgent Career Advice Needed! by brickwall: 2:03pm On Dec 29, 2008
get all the best in job search and employment today.

CLICK HERE

find that job now
Re: Urgent Career Advice Needed! by toyecoach(m): 2:07pm On Dec 29, 2008
you are in a situation of choice,human beigns are usually faced with decision making.Do you love what you are about to do,if yes then move on,if you are miserable as you said then contact a career coach@www.eclatcareer..com.every one of us are face with the problem of career change.though i consider a career in the oil and gas sector as lucrative and rewarding but it takes a lot of hardwork and smartness,friend why not visit today www.plumpoilandgasjobs.webdare.com.
to your success.
toye
for further help sms 08059236668

(1) (Reply)

Vacancies Vacancies Vacancies / Make 6000naira For Five Working Days A Week Doing Part Time Jobs / Urgent Please : Aa Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.