Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,766 members, 7,817,113 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:15 AM

Am Really Nervous!!! Pls Help - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Am Really Nervous!!! Pls Help (1340 Views)

11 Nervous Habits That Make You Look Incompetent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am Really Nervous!!! Pls Help by Abduletudaye(m): 8:36am On Jan 13, 2015
Morning guys...I went to submit my CV last week in a secondary school close to my place and was asked to come back tofay..now, I have been applying for jobs in other sectors and it has been in vain.

I don't know how to teach and I just wanna use this as a means of leaving the house...

Please, I haven't taught before..I need tips abeg..am freaking out because I might be asked to teach abit and their students are resuming today..

Am so nervous..I dunno what to do..
Re: Am Really Nervous!!! Pls Help by tunaguy(m): 8:41am On Jan 13, 2015
dude be calm its not a big deal just say what you know be funny and look like a teacher

1 Like

Re: Am Really Nervous!!! Pls Help by tunaguy(m): 8:43am On Jan 13, 2015
or check to apply for other jobs if you cant teach just find an alternative there mobile./

1 Like

Re: Am Really Nervous!!! Pls Help by Abduletudaye(m): 8:43am On Jan 13, 2015
tunaguy:
dude be calm its not a big deal just say what you know be funny and look like a teacher

I hope I don't shi.t in my pants sha..sad
Re: Am Really Nervous!!! Pls Help by moststylish(m): 8:44am On Jan 13, 2015
guy me and you are te same situation right now,although i taught during service but i was not that commited since i did not study education.Did u teach during service or u have not gone for service and i heard private will give you subjects u did not study as well
Re: Am Really Nervous!!! Pls Help by Abduletudaye(m): 8:44am On Jan 13, 2015
tunaguy:
or check to apply for other jobs if you cant teach just find an alternative there

Its not a big school...so that's the only position there..Biology teacher..
Re: Am Really Nervous!!! Pls Help by Abduletudaye(m): 8:46am On Jan 13, 2015
moststylish:
guy me and you are te same situation right now,although i taught during service but i was not that commited since i did not study education.Did u teach during service or u have not gone for service and i heard private will give you subjects u did not study as well

I don serve finish since 2013...I didn't teach during service year..I was in a clinic laboratory..I was even the boss there grin .. But as job no come, am looking for alternative to comot house...I dnt have experience rara...
Re: Am Really Nervous!!! Pls Help by Nobody: 8:47am On Jan 13, 2015
Guy, there is nothing there..

Nobody is going to ask you to teach today,as the students are resuming today...but when you have to teach just enter the class in your own style and look sternly at the students...after some seconds you introduce yourself..'My name is seun osewa, I'll be taking you Biology, how many of you like Biology??' Then you ask each of the students to introduce themselves..(its not like you really care about their names).

Then you give scheme of work and run thru the topics..

Wetin dey dere??

End of month you collect your salary and pay your tithe to me...that one hard??

3 Likes

Re: Am Really Nervous!!! Pls Help by moststylish(m): 8:48am On Jan 13, 2015
Abduletudaye:

I don serve finish since 2013...I didn't teach during service year..I was in a clinic laboratory..I was even the boss there grin .. But as job no come, am looking for alternative to comot house...I dnt have experience rara...
u culd have retain d job after service in the lab
Re: Am Really Nervous!!! Pls Help by tunaguy(m): 8:50am On Jan 13, 2015
Abduletudaye:

I hope I don't shi.t in my pants sha..sad
bro you wont .trust me i teach computer at my mumsi sch just to burn time i didnt like it at first but i got to enjoy it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Am Really Nervous!!! Pls Help by moststylish(m): 8:51am On Jan 13, 2015
DDeliverer:

Nobody is going to ask you to teach today,as the students are resuming today...but when you have to teach just enter the class in your own style and look sternly at the students...after some seconds you introduce yourself..'My name is seun osewa, I'll be taking you Biology, how many of you like Biology??' Then you ask each of the students to introduce themselves..(its not like you really care about their names).

Wetin dey dere??

lol,u really make it sound to be easy.i have a friend who just recently got one in a private school and he was asked to teach physics,crs and econs,how is he going to cope
Re: Am Really Nervous!!! Pls Help by Abduletudaye(m): 8:54am On Jan 13, 2015
tunaguy:
bro you wont trust me i teach computer at my mumsi sch just to burn time i didnt like it at first but i got to enjoy it

Toh..it should be easy then..God help me sha.. grin
Re: Am Really Nervous!!! Pls Help by Abduletudaye(m): 8:56am On Jan 13, 2015
DDeliverer:

Wetin dey dere??

Sharap! angry how can I be paying tithe to you tongue.. Thanks for this advice mehn.. smiley I appreciate cheesy
Re: Am Really Nervous!!! Pls Help by Abduletudaye(m): 8:57am On Jan 13, 2015
moststylish:
lol,u really make it sound to be easy.i have a friend who just recently got one in a private school and he was asked to teach physics,crs and econs,how is he going to cope

I guess they forced the subjects on him..not me sha..I cnt teach what I can't teach..
Re: Am Really Nervous!!! Pls Help by crudedude(m): 11:38am On Jan 13, 2015
moststylish:
physics, econs and crs. that's harsh.

1 Like

Re: Am Really Nervous!!! Pls Help by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jan 14, 2015
Abduletudaye:
Morning guys...I went to submit my CV last week in a secondary school close to my place and was asked to come back tofay..now, I have been applying for jobs in other sectors and it has been in vain.

I don't know how to teach and I just wanna use this as a means of leaving the house...

Please, I haven't taught before..I need tips abeg..am freaking out because I might be asked to teach abit and their students are resuming today..

Am so nervous..I dunno what to do..

You can also ask the older teachers there
for guidance.

That should help you relax and blend in.

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Am Really Nervous!!! Pls Help by Abduletudaye(m): 9:04pm On Jan 14, 2015
alignacademy:

You can also ask the older teachers there
for guidance.

That should help you relax and blend in.

Cheers!

Thanks smiley

(1) (Reply)

Studying Master's Degree Vs Having Work Experience- A Bitter Choice / Access Bank On Another Sacking Spree. Over 300 Staffs Laid Off. / Prince2 Or Pmp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.