Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,656 members, 7,823,853 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:33 PM

Nairalander Gets Job Offer From Doha, Qatar, But………. - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Nairalander Gets Job Offer From Doha, Qatar, But………. (3882 Views)

I Can't Accept A Job Offer That Pays Below 100k/month ( Keke Rider) / Should I Accept This Big Job Offer? Pls Advice! / Lara Odoffin, Nigerian, Loses Job Offer In UK Because Of Her Braids (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairalander Gets Job Offer From Doha, Qatar, But………. by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jan 13, 2015
These are the types of confusion(s) I want to be having.

Baba God, Butter my Bread embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Nairalander Gets Job Offer From Doha, Qatar, But………. by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jan 13, 2015
NOBLEDANDY:

pls learn to choose your words carefully.
This sounds offensive to me.

And what you said earlier didn't insult his intellectuality?? grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Nairalander Gets Job Offer From Doha, Qatar, But………. by wilcox(m): 11:22pm On Jan 13, 2015
rattlesnake:
shuttle between Naija,Doha,UK and the Oil company undecided

That will be hard task, don't even think of it, if you really want to live long and enjoy your life
Re: Nairalander Gets Job Offer From Doha, Qatar, But………. by windud: 6:52am On Jan 14, 2015
taiwolusol:

And what you said earlier didn't insult his intellectuality?? grin grin

Our adage says "u wont know the pains the geasscutter goes through in the hands of the arrow untill it pricks u
Re: Nairalander Gets Job Offer From Doha, Qatar, But………. by Nobody: 8:56am On Jan 14, 2015
windud:
Hello Guys, I need your candid views on these issues and scenarios. I am a professional in the construction industry. I have been given a permanent offer with a Mega Consultancy outlet in Doha.

The lump sum pay is about 54,000 GBP per annum which is approximately 1.25m naira per month. I am married with 2 kids here in Nigeria and may not be able to leave with them for now. I did a little research and the close salary to this offer in the UK is around 35-45K GBP for EU professionals with 10 yrs experience which I also garnered. Expenses for family residency visa is to be borne by me and hope to obtain this with time if I did move. On the other hand, I have the desire of starting my consultancy outlet in Nigeria, considering the fact that I have all local professional certifications as well as the prestigious global Certification with RICS.

I have also been penned down as a contract staff with one of the Major Oil and Gas outlets in Nigeria, but salary yet to be known, and start time could be after the February elections. The QATAR stuff starts sometimes early February.

How do I handle these openings without jeopardizing my career progression in the next five years? I will appreciate those who know what it takes to work in the GULF to help analyze these scenarios.

I hail.

Moderator please move this thread to the career section where more intelligent replies are guaranteed and better justice will be done to the issue at hand. thanks.
Re: Nairalander Gets Job Offer From Doha, Qatar, But………. by seunwen2(m): 1:26pm On Jan 14, 2015
[size=32pt]Please i want to cross to construction line with my BSc physics but i don't know the steps to take help a brother in need[/size]
Re: Nairalander Gets Job Offer From Doha, Qatar, But………. by windud: 2:05pm On Jan 14, 2015
seunwen2:
[size=32pt]Please i want to cross to construction line with my BSc physics but i don't know the steps to take help a brother in need[/size]

You can make a better career too wt ur BSC in Physics. Crossing over and to be recognized in practice would mean taking Jamb into 100L all over again. No Course in the built environment can consider giving you 200L as a D.E. student in Nigeria. Better still, you can do project management certification and capped with Msc Project Management, but your acceptability in core construction project management practice would be limited. You can however be accepted for management of IT project roll-outs with telecom companies.

There are vast opportunities for project managers (PM) in the built environment but PM with first degrees in Civil, Quantity Surveying, Architecture, Building, Structural Engineering, Estate Management, Development Economics, Law and the likes are always preferred. See the link for an idea: http://www.ricsrecruit.com/jobs/project-management/. I hope my contribution is useful.

Cheers.

(1) (2) (Reply)

10 Things Every Accounting Student Should Know About Accounting Software / Can A Savings Account Be Restricted From Withdrawals? / CONFIRMED: Pharm. D Degree Approved In Nigeria By NUC-PSN President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.