Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,060 members, 7,818,175 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:29 AM

Tanzania Bans Witch Doctors Over Albino Attack - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tanzania Bans Witch Doctors Over Albino Attack (820 Views)

Witch Turns To Owl At Enugu Crusade, Falls And Dies - Eyewitness Claims / TB Joshua Makes Headlines In Tanzania / TB Joshua In Tanzania,welcomed At The Airport By Country's Elected President (p (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tanzania Bans Witch Doctors Over Albino Attack by paulGrundy(m): 11:25pm On Jan 13, 2015
Tanzania has banned witchdoctors in a move intended to stop attacks on people with albinism.
Home Affairs Minister Mathias Chikawe said there would be a nationwide operation to "arrest them and take them to court" if they continued to work.
Albino people, who lack pigment in their skin, have faced attacks for their body parts, which witchdoctors believe bring good luck and wealth.
The Tanzanian Albinism Society (TAS) has welcomed the ban.

"If we and the government come together and show strength as one and speak as one, we can deal with the problem head-on," the society's chairman, Ernest Njamakimaya, said.
"I believe this way we can get rid of these incidents once and for all."
'Evidence mishandled'
More than 33,000 people in Tanzania are believed to have albinism.
Seventy have been killed in the past three years but only 10 people have been convicted of murder.

Seventy albino people have been killed in the past three years but there have been only 10 convictions
Mr Chikawe said action to find and prosecute witchdoctors would begin in two weeks' time in the northern areas of Mwanza, Geita, Shinyanga, Simiyu and Tabora, where most of the attacks have taken place.
The ban has emerged from the work of a special joint task force between police and the TAS.
The task force's work will now entail reviewing previous cases of albino attacks for new evidence and conducting further research on the motive of attackers.
Correspondents say some previous cases against alleged attackers have collapsed over the loss, mishandling or mislabelling of evidence.
Mr Chikawe acknowledged that further training of police was required.
The United Nations recently condemned the abduction of a four-year-old albino girl in north-west Tanzania.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-30794831
Re: Tanzania Bans Witch Doctors Over Albino Attack by Nobody: 10:03am On Jan 14, 2015
Good. Step by step, nations and leaders are inching closer to implementing shari'a laws, if not in spirit, at least in practice. Funny thing is, they don't even know it.
I remember when the US Federal reserve announced 'near zero' interest rates as a solution to their depression. Shari'a again. Even a church banning leggings and whatnot. Closer and closer.

Of course, my comment is to op, who tends to be reasonable. I feel free not to respond to whatever the usual gang of negligibles have to say... no offense implied. So please do not bother to paste my comments.
Re: Tanzania Bans Witch Doctors Over Albino Attack by paulGrundy(m): 10:59am On Jan 14, 2015
Abuamam:
Good. Step by step, nations and leaders are inching closer to implementing shari'a laws, if not in spirit, at least in practice. Funny thing is, they don't even know it.
I remember when the US Federal reserve announced 'near zero' interest rates as a solution to their depression. Shari'a again. Even a church banning leggings and whatnot. Closer and closer.

Of course, my comment is to op, who tends to be reasonable. I feel free not to respond to whatever the usual gang of negligibles have to say... no offense implied. So please do not bother to paste my comments.

With all due respect sir, the OP has nothing to do with sharia law, tanzania doesn't even have sharia law as their constitution.

1 Like

Re: Tanzania Bans Witch Doctors Over Albino Attack by Horus(m): 11:09am On Jan 14, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLt4MrZCzsM

[size=15pt]Fear & Loathing: Albino Africans Survival in Tanzania[/size]

People can be so afraid that they're even willing to kill. They say giving birth to such a "creature" is a curse. Some believe that owning a part of their body will make them rich. And all because of the color of their skin. RT reveals the reality of life for white Africans in Tanzania. Josephat Terner conquered his own fears and prejudice and then devoted his life to fighting injustice.
Re: Tanzania Bans Witch Doctors Over Albino Attack by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jan 14, 2015
paulGrundy:

With all due respect sir, the OP has nothing to do with sharia law, tanzania doesn't even have sharia law as their constitution.

You don't understand. It may never be called Shari'a law. But in practice it will still have the same statutes. The US Fed reserves did not call zero interest rates, part of Islamic banking; the republicans would have lynched Obama; but it is part of Islamic banking, nevertheless.
Re: Tanzania Bans Witch Doctors Over Albino Attack by paulGrundy(m): 1:36pm On Jan 14, 2015
Abuamam:

You don't understand. It may never be called Shari'a law. But in practice it will still have the same statutes. The US Fed reserves did not call zero interest rates, part of Islamic banking; the republicans would have lynched Obama; but it is part of Islamic banking, nevertheless.

grin grin grin ^^^ that's one of the most ridiculous posts I have ever seen, I want to believe that you are being sarcastic.
Re: Tanzania Bans Witch Doctors Over Albino Attack by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jan 14, 2015
paulGrundy:

grin grin grin ^^^ that's one of the most ridiculous posts I have ever seen, I want to believe that you are being sarcastic.

Lol. Why do you think that the likes of Michelle Bachman, and many Christian religious leaders are always warning you of the stealth 'Islamisation' of the World? Now Tanzania is adopting one more Shari'a statute of banning witchcraft.

(1) (Reply)

Boko haram to force a Muslim President / From Sorrow To Joy / How To Brainwash People Easily

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.