Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,954 members, 7,817,797 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:55 PM

US Marines Toughen Up By Drinking SNAKE BLOOD & Beheading Chickens With Their... - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / US Marines Toughen Up By Drinking SNAKE BLOOD & Beheading Chickens With Their... (4766 Views)

"Mercy Aigbe Was Coughing Blood After Husband Battered Her" - Lagos Commissioner / Burna Boy Smoking & Drinking Back Stage Before Performing On Stage (Pics, Video) / Triple Tragedy: Man Commits Suicide After Beheading His Wife, Daughter(graphic ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

US Marines Toughen Up By Drinking SNAKE BLOOD & Beheading Chickens With Their... by rodeo0070(m): 3:34pm On Jan 14, 2015
Gone are the days when a few press-ups and tackling an assault course proved your worth as a soldier.
These U.S. Marines now drink cobra blood and rip the heads off chickens with their bare teeth as part of their training.
They were among around 13,000 soldiers from seven countries participating in a combined jungle survival exercise at a military base in Thailand.
After being taught how to kill venomous cobras by Thai naval instructors, the Marines were encouraged to experience the local customs of drinking the animal's blood.
Many of the soldiers quite happily obliged, tipping their heads back while the blood was squeezed out of the snake's body and into their mouths.
Snake blood is sold as an aphrodisiac in parts of Eastern Asia.

Around 13,000 soldiers from seven countries, Thailand, U.S., Singapore, Indonesia, Japan, South Korea and Malaysia are participating in the 11-day exercise. Other rituals included killing a chicken by biting off its neck and eating the tail of the cobras.
The 11-day exercise, called Cobra Gold 2014, involved soldiers from Thailand, the U.S., Singapore, Indonesia, Japan, South Korea and Malaysia.
It takes place in Thailand's Chon Buri province and also covers amphibious assault, humanitarian relief and evacuation of friendly forces as well as the jungle survival techniques.

*Snake it or leave it: A U.S. Marine drinks the blood of a cobra during a jungle survival exercise with the Thai Navy in Chanthaburi province, Thailand

*Nimble hands: A Thai Navy instructor holds up a cobra as he passes on his knowledge about how to catch and kill the venomous snakes

*I'm a Marine, get me out of here! The soldiers pick out bugs to eat from a bamboo stem

*A challenge with a sting in its tail: A U.S. Marine prepares to eat a scorpion during the jungle survival exercise in Thailand

Culled from: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2558569/Drinking-COBRA-BLOOD-beheading-chickens-teeth-U-S-Marines-gruesome-survival-training-Thai-jungle.html

Re: US Marines Toughen Up By Drinking SNAKE BLOOD & Beheading Chickens With Their... by rodeo0070(m): 3:36pm On Jan 14, 2015
Yummy shocked...

Re: US Marines Toughen Up By Drinking SNAKE BLOOD & Beheading Chickens With Their... by rodeo0070(m): 3:37pm On Jan 14, 2015
More...

Re: US Marines Toughen Up By Drinking SNAKE BLOOD & Beheading Chickens With Their... by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jan 14, 2015
. shocked shocked
Re: US Marines Toughen Up By Drinking SNAKE BLOOD & Beheading Chickens With Their... by Daluuzor(m): 4:11pm On Jan 14, 2015
why didn't Nigerian troops subscribe to this training? abi dem dey fear snake ni?
but wait oo.. Snake blood.. Aphrodisiac? what's with the chicken?
#runs to the bush, looking for cobras.

1 Like

Re: US Marines Toughen Up By Drinking SNAKE BLOOD & Beheading Chickens With Their... by Creamish(f): 4:14pm On Jan 14, 2015
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

uurrgghhh!!!
Re: US Marines Toughen Up By Drinking SNAKE BLOOD & Beheading Chickens With Their... by LoveMEBaby(m): 4:22pm On Jan 14, 2015
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggghhhhh
i go like join ooooooo
Re: US Marines Toughen Up By Drinking SNAKE BLOOD & Beheading Chickens With Their... by nairalife2013(m): 4:28pm On Jan 14, 2015
Why hav u people sworn that if I dont faint u people will never give up posting things like these on this forum? Wetin I do una na?
Re: US Marines Toughen Up By Drinking SNAKE BLOOD & Beheading Chickens With Their... by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jan 14, 2015
These are real men and not sissies cool
Re: US Marines Toughen Up By Drinking SNAKE BLOOD & Beheading Chickens With Their... by tuffgongjo(m): 5:19pm On Jan 14, 2015
Are they doing "Odeshi" rituals?
Re: US Marines Toughen Up By Drinking SNAKE BLOOD & Beheading Chickens With Their... by wendycindy(f): 6:00pm On Jan 14, 2015
EWwwww *throws up*
Re: US Marines Toughen Up By Drinking SNAKE BLOOD & Beheading Chickens With Their... by meetbennice: 6:40pm On Jan 14, 2015
Ooooooooooooh. So disgusting
Re: US Marines Toughen Up By Drinking SNAKE BLOOD & Beheading Chickens With Their... by kenex4ever(m): 6:40pm On Jan 14, 2015
Somebody quickly get me some cobra blood! Ama drink it dry
Re: US Marines Toughen Up By Drinking SNAKE BLOOD & Beheading Chickens With Their... by englishmart(m): 6:53pm On Jan 14, 2015
our soldiers drink red wine for training. Una see una mates abi?

1 Like

Re: US Marines Toughen Up By Drinking SNAKE BLOOD & Beheading Chickens With Their... by englishmart(m): 6:55pm On Jan 14, 2015
this won't toughen them one bit. Abi the bills dey high?
Re: US Marines Toughen Up By Drinking SNAKE BLOOD & Beheading Chickens With Their... by MisterLongman(m): 7:16pm On Jan 14, 2015
This is serious
Re: US Marines Toughen Up By Drinking SNAKE BLOOD & Beheading Chickens With Their... by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jan 14, 2015
That's Animal cruelty
Re: US Marines Toughen Up By Drinking SNAKE BLOOD & Beheading Chickens With Their... by fr3do(m): 8:17pm On Jan 14, 2015
I just watched 'Let's be cops'
The way those people in the Usa support their law enforcement agencies is astonishing.

Nigerians let support our own.

@post
This is just silly propaganda.
Re: US Marines Toughen Up By Drinking SNAKE BLOOD & Beheading Chickens With Their... by DonX001: 8:29pm On Jan 14, 2015
Gaddemmit!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Is this actually for real, or some scene from those jungle movies??
Gaddemmit again!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: US Marines Toughen Up By Drinking SNAKE BLOOD & Beheading Chickens With Their... by MzQueen(f): 11:59pm On Jan 14, 2015
grin
nairalife2013:
Why hav u people sworn that if I dont faint u people will never give up posting things like these on this forum? Wetin I do una na?
Re: US Marines Toughen Up By Drinking SNAKE BLOOD & Beheading Chickens With Their... by MzQueen(f): 12:01am On Jan 15, 2015
looks like it lipsrsealed
tuffgongjo:
Are they doing "Odeshi" rituals?
Re: US Marines Toughen Up By Drinking SNAKE BLOOD & Beheading Chickens With Their... by hedonistic: 7:01am On Jan 15, 2015
fr3do:
The way those people in the Usa support their law enforcement agencies is astonishing.

You don't see US marines bullying, oppressing, and humiliating innocent civilians in the streets. That's why they are loved and supported by the generality of American citizens.

Our soldiers in this Nigeria are mostly unprofessional brutes whose specialty is to oppress bloody civilians with koboko and frog jump punishments. How then do you expect civilians to support them?
Re: US Marines Toughen Up By Drinking SNAKE BLOOD & Beheading Chickens With Their... by fr3do(m): 7:40am On Jan 15, 2015
hedonistic:

You don't see US marines bullying, oppressing, and humiliating innocent civilians in the streets. That's why they are loved and supported by the generality of American citizens.

Our soldiers in this Nigeria are mostly unprofessional brutes whose specialty is to oppress bloody civilians with koboko and frog jump punishments. How then do you expect civilians to support them?

The Nigerian military is rotten inside out, the occurrence of 6 coups in just 40 years is evidence of the indiscipline in the force.
The military needs restructuring and support from Nigerians.
Re: US Marines Toughen Up By Drinking SNAKE BLOOD & Beheading Chickens With Their... by LeJeun3: 11:02am On Jan 16, 2015
Interesting!!
Re: US Marines Toughen Up By Drinking SNAKE BLOOD & Beheading Chickens With Their... by ginajet(f): 12:06pm On Jan 16, 2015
fr3do:

@post
This is just silly propaganda.
that film though...... I couldn’t stop myself from laughing out loud all through.......
Re: US Marines Toughen Up By Drinking SNAKE BLOOD & Beheading Chickens With Their... by rodeo0070(m): 8:06am On Jan 19, 2015
ginajet:
that film though...... I couldn’t stop myself from laughing out loud all through.......
I agree... grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: US Marines Toughen Up By Drinking SNAKE BLOOD & Beheading Chickens With Their... by Chimezie198(m): 9:21am On Jan 19, 2015
na snake blood dem dey drink ?
Re: US Marines Toughen Up By Drinking SNAKE BLOOD & Beheading Chickens With Their... by rodeo0070(m): 2:00pm On Jan 22, 2015
Chimezie198:
na snake blood dem dey drink ?
Na Orijin grin
Re: US Marines Toughen Up By Drinking SNAKE BLOOD & Beheading Chickens With Their... by qadeerkug(m): 4:00pm On Jan 22, 2015
arhhh pie in my jeans nd run outta thread""""" shocked
Re: US Marines Toughen Up By Drinking SNAKE BLOOD & Beheading Chickens With Their... by judedwriter(m): 9:01pm On Jan 22, 2015
Tu fiakia! sad

(1) (Reply)

Former Miss Angola, Lesliana Pereira Wins 2015 AMAA For Best Actress / Chioma Bares Cleavage As She Party With Davido (PHOTO) / Tiwa Savage Hugs Wizkid Passionately On Stage At Starboy Fest Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.