Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,933 members, 7,814,170 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:20 AM

You Must Be Born Again! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / You Must Be Born Again! (1718 Views)

Stephanie Otobo Turns Born Again After Apostle Suleman's Saga: "This Is New Me" / Why Jesus Needed To Be Born By A Virgin / To Be Born-again: 6 Practical Signs Of Repentance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Must Be Born Again! by Alexk2(m): 5:57am On Jan 15, 2015
..... "Jesus answered him, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God."...John 3:3.

Real life begins with a second birthday. If you really want to know whether or not you are really destined to spend eternity with God, answer this question: how many times have you been born? If you've only been born once you're going to die twice. You're going to die physically and you're going to die spiritually. But if you've been born twice, you're only going to die once.Most people have religion, but very few people have ever been Biblically born-again. Unless you are born again, you absolutely cannot go to Heaven (John 3:5).
You were born because God chose to give you physical life. You were born again because God chose to give you spiritual life. Being born again is not making a new start in life, it is receiving a new life to start with. It is the one essential thing you must have if you're going to spend eternity with God. You must be born again!

Simply put, to be “born again” means to have He (Jesus) Who is the beginning born in you.
The reason why you need to be “spiritually” born is because you have never been spiritually born to begin with. So when the Bible speaks of being “born again,” it actually means “born for the second time.” You were born physically into this world, but you were born without the Spirit of God in your soul (spiritually dead). Yes, God created you, but He gave you a freewill to decide for yourself where you will spend eternity.

God never forces anyone to accept Jesus as their Savior. He simply offers a warm invitation to anyone who wants to have their sins forgiven and go to Heaven. Salvation is a free gift (Romans 5:15; 6:23), paid for by the precious blood of Jesus Christ (1st Peter 1:18,19; Revelation 1:5). We must accept God's gift of eternal life or it WILL be forever forfeited when we leave this world (die).

A person cannot understand the Bible without the presence of the Author, and God is the Author. When you become born-again (or born for the second time), God's Holy Spirit comes into your body (1st Corinthians 3:16), never to leave (Hebrews 13:5), and you will begin to understand many new things for the first time in your life...

“Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.” —2nd Corinthians 5:17

It is ONLY through the Precious Word of God that anyone can be born-again. Surely, no one can be born into this world again physically. There is no turning back the hands of time. However, you most certainly can be born again, spiritually, into God's family through the Spirit of Christ... “But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his” (Romans 8:9).

Again, being born-again means having He Who is the Beginning (Jesus Christ) born in you.” Revelation 1:8, “I am Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the Ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.” Isn't that beautiful. When a person is born-again, the Spirit of Christ comes to live in that person's body. “Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of His” (Romans 8:9b). This birth comes about only through faith in the Son of God.

Today is your day....say yes you Jesus and receive a new life!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Must Be Born Again! by Nobody: 6:10am On Jan 15, 2015
y??
Re: You Must Be Born Again! by Orunto: 7:54am On Jan 15, 2015
GOOD LECTURES. WELL GIVEN AND VERY WELL RECEIVED. THIS MEANS THAT PEOPLE OF OTHER FAITHS CAN BE BORN AGAIN WHEN OUR OWN CHRIST(ANOBI ISAH IN ISLAM) IS GENEROUS TO GIVE ANY OF THEM THE COMFORTER. OR IS IT NOT POSSIBLE FOR A JUDAIST TO RECEIVE A MESSIAH'S SPIRIT? HOW ABOUT ABRAHAM, MOSES, MOHAMED ETC? WONT THEY GO TO HEAVEN?
Re: You Must Be Born Again! by jnrbayano(m): 8:04am On Jan 15, 2015
What's the evidence of being born again or "twice" (according to your diction)

There is my 1st concern.
Re: You Must Be Born Again! by An2elect2(f): 3:54pm On Jan 15, 2015
Alexk2:
..... "Jesus answered him, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God."...John 3:3.

Real life begins with a second birthday. If you really want to know whether or not you are really destined to spend eternity with God, answer this question: how many times have you been born? If you've only been born once you're going to die twice. You're going to die physically and you're going to die spiritually. But if you've been born twice, you're only going to die once.Most people have religion, but very few people have ever been Biblically born-again. Unless you are born again, you absolutely cannot go to Heaven (John 3:5).
You were born because God chose to give you physical life. You were born again because God chose to give you spiritual life. Being born again is not making a new start in life, it is receiving a new life to start with. It is the one essential thing you must have if you're going to spend eternity with God. You must be born again!

Simply put, to be “born again” means to have He (Jesus) Who is the beginning born in you.
The reason why you need to be “spiritually” born is because you have never been spiritually born to begin with. So when the Bible speaks of being “born again,” it actually means “born for the second time.” You were born physically into this world, but you were born without the Spirit of God in your soul (spiritually dead). Yes, God created you, but He gave you a freewill to decide for yourself where you will spend eternity.

God never forces anyone to accept Jesus as their Savior. He simply offers a warm invitation to anyone who wants to have their sins forgiven and go to Heaven. Salvation is a free gift (Romans 5:15; 6:23), paid for by the precious blood of Jesus Christ (1st Peter 1:18,19; Revelation 1:5). We must accept God's gift of eternal life or it WILL be forever forfeited when we leave this world (die).

A person cannot understand the Bible without the presence of the Author, and God is the Author. When you become born-again (or born for the second time), God's Holy Spirit comes into your body (1st Corinthians 3:16), never to leave (Hebrews 13:5), and you will begin to understand many new things for the first time in your life...

“Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.” —2nd Corinthians 5:17

It is ONLY through the Precious Word of God that anyone can be born-again. Surely, no one can be born into this world again physically. There is no turning back the hands of time. However, you most certainly can be born again, spiritually, into God's family through the Spirit of Christ... “But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his” (Romans 8:9).

Again, being born-again means having He Who is the Beginning (Jesus Christ) born in you.” Revelation 1:8, “I am Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the Ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.” Isn't that beautiful. When a person is born-again, the Spirit of Christ comes to live in that person's body. “Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of His” (Romans 8:9b). This birth comes about only through faith in the Son of God.

Pls i have a question.

How did you get saved?
Re: You Must Be Born Again! by Alexk2(m): 8:42pm On Jan 15, 2015
I get saved by accepting Jesus Christ as my Lord and personal saviour; not by works but by believing in His blood that was shed on the cross of calvary for me and by accepting the fact that i was lost and He found me..
in summary, by mouth confession is made unto salvation and by heart, we believe unto righteousness..rom. 10:9-10..

if you ask how i knw/sure of it, it is because the Holy Spirit bear witness within me that i am a son of God every now and then.

An2elect2:

Pls i have a question.

How did you get saved?

1 Like

Re: You Must Be Born Again! by Alexk2(m): 8:47pm On Jan 15, 2015
patrickdarlins:
y??

because He(Jesus Christ) love you that much...He want you to know Him as you number 1 purpose for living.
Knowing Him is the best thing that can ever happen to som1 in life!

1 Like

Re: You Must Be Born Again! by Alexk2(m): 10:11pm On Jan 15, 2015
Orunto:
GOOD LECTURES. WELL GIVEN AND VERY WELL RECEIVED. THIS MEANS THAT PEOPLE OF OTHER FAITHS CAN BE BORN AGAIN WHEN OUR OWN CHRIST(ANOBI ISAH IN ISLAM) IS GENEROUS TO GIVE ANY OF THEM THE COMFORTER. OR IS IT NOT POSSIBLE FOR A JUDAIST TO RECEIVE A MESSIAH'S SPIRIT? HOW ABOUT ABRAHAM, MOSES, MOHAMED ETC? WONT THEY GO TO HEAVEN?

everybody can be born again; young, old, male, female, judaist, herbalist,..e.t.c..the only thing is to repent of your sin, confess Jesus Christ as your Lord and personal savior and then receive His seed(Holy Spirit) to guide you into all truth....

1 Like

Re: You Must Be Born Again! by Alexk2(m): 10:20pm On Jan 15, 2015
jnrbayano:
What's the evidence of being born again or "twice" (according to your diction)

There is my 1st concern.

simply answered in the verse...The Spirit itself bears witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God; if you have the seed of God(Holy Spirit) in you, you will know and that is the simple manifestation/evidence of our new birth.
Re: You Must Be Born Again! by Kingmee: 10:39pm On Jan 15, 2015
Alexk2:

great piece....to be born again is the only assurance of eternal life with God.

1 Like

Re: You Must Be Born Again! by An2elect2(f): 11:03pm On Jan 15, 2015
Alexk2:
I get saved by accepting Jesus Christ as my Lord and personal saviour; not by works but by believing in His blood that was shed on the cross of calvary for me and by accepting the fact that i was lost and He found me..
in summary, by mouth confession is made unto salvation and by heart, we believe unto righteousness..rom. 10:9-10..

if you ask how i knw/sure of it, it is because the Holy Spirit bear witness within me that i am a son of God every now and then.

Ok.

But pls bear with me, where did this faith to believe come from?
Re: You Must Be Born Again! by Nobody: 1:35am On Jan 16, 2015
Alexk2:

because He(Jesus Christ) love you that much...He want you to know Him as you number 1 purpose for living.
Knowing Him is the best thing that can ever happen to som1 in life!
issorite!!!
Re: You Must Be Born Again! by jnrbayano(m): 6:48am On Jan 16, 2015
Alexk2:

simply answered in the verse...The Spirit itself bears witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God; if you have the seed of God(Holy Spirit) in you, you will know and that is the simple manifestation/evidence of our new birth.

How do I know the bold?

I need practical examples.
Re: You Must Be Born Again! by Alexk2(m): 8:57am On Jan 16, 2015
An2elect2:

Ok.

But pls bear with me, where did this faith to believe come from?

"....so then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God." Rom. 10:17..
faith comes by hearing and reading the Word of God.

1 Like

Re: You Must Be Born Again! by Alexk2(m): 9:00am On Jan 16, 2015
jnrbayano:

How do I know the bold?

You'll know when you geniunely surrender your life to Him.

2 Likes

Re: You Must Be Born Again! by An2elect2(f): 9:20am On Jan 16, 2015
Alexk2:

"....so then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God." Rom. 10:17..
faith comes by hearing and reading the Word of God.

Okay thanks. Faith comes, it means its a gift. Agree?
Re: You Must Be Born Again! by Kingmee: 9:34am On Jan 16, 2015
jnrbayano:

How do I know the bold?

it is evidenced in the lives of even born again Christians. find the. practical examples you need in them..
Re: You Must Be Born Again! by Alexk2(m): 9:40am On Jan 16, 2015
An2elect2:

Okay thanks. Faith comes, it means its a gift. Agree?

sure, it is a gift but an already given gift long ago left for you and me to find through His spoken and written Words as explained in Rom.10:17.

2 Likes

Re: You Must Be Born Again! by An2elect2(f): 9:53am On Jan 16, 2015
Alexk2:

sure, it is a gift but an already given gift long ago left for you and me to find through His spoken and written Words as explained in Rom.10:17.

Wait! did you say faith has been given to all men long ago? pls can you back this with scripture?
Re: You Must Be Born Again! by jnrbayano(m): 10:13am On Jan 16, 2015
Alexk2:

You'll know when you geniunely surrender
your life to Him.

Since you have genuinely surrendered your life to him, tell me from your life the things you now do/things that makes you different from others yet to surrender.

This is a very simple question.
Re: You Must Be Born Again! by jnrbayano(m): 10:14am On Jan 16, 2015
Kingmee:

it is evidenced in the lives of even born again Christians. find the. practical examples you need in them..

Can you tell me what sets them apart from the rest?
Re: You Must Be Born Again! by Alexk2(m): 10:17am On Jan 16, 2015
An2elect2:

Wait! did you say faith has been given to all men long ago? pls can you back this with scripture?

first in Rom. 10:17, it comes through the 'WORD' but the bible speaks more on who is the WORD in john 1:1..;..'in the begining was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God'..reading further, we know the Word there is simply talking about Jesus Christ. He exist from the begining, before genesis and was giving to Us to make us a new being through His death and resurrectn.
consequently, if He exist from the begining and remain the authur of the Word, then faith had been in existence long ago. it comes to life in us when we search and find Him in Him Word.

Heb. 12:2 says..Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith...without Him, there is no faith; without the Him, there is no Word!

1 Like

Re: You Must Be Born Again! by An2elect2(f): 10:47am On Jan 16, 2015
Alexk2:

first in Rom. 10:17, it comes through the 'WORD' but the bible speaks more on who is the WORD in john 1:1..;..'in the begining was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God'..reading further, we know the Word there is simply talking about Jesus Christ. He exist from the begining, before genesis and was giving to Us to make us a new being through His death and resurrectn.
consequently, if He exist from the begining and remain the authur of the Word, then faith had been in existence long ago. it comes to life in us when we search and find Him in Him Word.

Heb. 12:2 says..Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith...without Him, there is no faith; without the Him, there is no Word!

Ok. You are mixing up something here. I know faith originates from the Word but it is not equal to the Word.
To have faith means to depend, rest on someone.
The Word is God. Hence, we rest on God.

2Thess 3:2. says all men hath not faith.

If faith is a gift, that must come, it means there must be a time that we are without this faith.

So does God give this gift to whoever He wants?
or man must do something to earn it?
Re: You Must Be Born Again! by Alexk2(m): 11:14am On Jan 16, 2015
An2elect2:

Ok. You are mixing up something here. I know faith originates from the Word but it is not equal to the Word.
To have faith means to depend, rest on someone.
The Word is God. Hence, we rest on God.

2Thess 3:2. says all men hath not faith.

If faith is a gift, that must come, it means there must be a time that we are without this faith.

So does God give this gift to whoever He wants?
or man must do something to earn it?

there is no mix up there...yes, faith is not equal to God and i never said so but without God, there is no faith...in another faith, we are talking about faith today because Jesus Christ(the Word in John.1:1) came. in the old testament, what look like it is trust.

God doesnt give it to whoever He want but it is for everybody who believe in His Son Jesus Christ.John 3:16......in another word, faith is as free and His salvation which came through His Son....
and as for what we need to do to earn it or the qualification, i've explained that before....it is as represented in Rom.10:17. but the first thing is knowing the Jesus Christ of the Word and thereafter, we'll build our faith through constant study and meditation on His Word. when we do this, the Holy Spirit in Us quicken us and build our faith up.
i hope that settles it!
Re: You Must Be Born Again! by Vinx4Christ(m): 2:16pm On Jan 16, 2015
questionaires^^^
get born again now and all those questions u will b able to answer them urself..

God bless op
Re: You Must Be Born Again! by Kingmee: 2:28pm On Jan 16, 2015
jnrbayano:

Can you tell me what sets them apart from the rest?

in speech, in relationshp, in behaviour, in love, and in everything....'by their fruit, we shall know them'
Re: You Must Be Born Again! by jnrbayano(m): 6:19pm On Jan 16, 2015
Kingmee:

in speech, in relationshp, in behaviour, in love, and in everything....'by their fruit, we shall know them'

Thanks.

What about people who behave well, love one another etc and don't know Jesus Christ?

Are they justified with God?
Re: You Must Be Born Again! by Kingmee: 11:53pm On Jan 16, 2015
jnrbayano:

Thanks.

What about people who behave well, love one another etc and don't know Jesus Christ?

Are they justified with God?

nope bro....nobody is justified by just been moral. I am talking about having the fruit of the Holy Spirit as in Gal. 5:22-23.
btw., accepting Jesus Christ/been born again is the first step.
Re: You Must Be Born Again! by jnrbayano(m): 8:17am On Jan 17, 2015
Kingmee:

nope bro....nobody is justified by just been moral. I am talking about having the fruit of the Holy Spirit as in Gal. 5:22-23.
btw., accepting Jesus Christ/been born again is the first step.

Does that mean that every non-christian will perish?

What is st Paul saying in Rom 2:13-16?
Re: You Must Be Born Again! by Kingmee: 10:57pm On Jan 17, 2015
jnrbayano:

Does that mean that every non-christian will perish?

What is st Paul saying in Rom 2:13-16?

don't quote the bible out of context bro....start the reading from verse 1 with more emphasis on verse 12 and it'll be more clearer. as for your question, you know the answer already.
Re: You Must Be Born Again! by jnrbayano(m): 1:15am On Jan 18, 2015
Kingmee:

don't quote the bible out of context bro....start the reading from verse 1 with more emphasis on verse 12 and it'll be more clearer. as for your question, you know the answer already.

I thought you could explain Rom 2:13-16 to me. I see you just couldn't.

I ask again, will every non-christian perish?

(1) (Reply)

Rev. Emeka King: "Why I Flogged My Church Members" / PHOTOS: Christ Embassy Founder Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Engages Himself In Sports / Any Difference Between Cherubim & Seraphim Movement And Society?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.