Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,458 members, 7,819,669 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:27 PM

Brazilian Legend Ronaldo Aiming To Make Shock Comeback In NASL - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Brazilian Legend Ronaldo Aiming To Make Shock Comeback In NASL (435 Views)

Brazilian Legend Ronaldinho Joins Chapecoense For Free / Which Is The Most Memorable Comeback In Nigerian Football? / #guesswhat: See What Brazilian Legend Ronaldo Lives On After Retirement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Brazilian Legend Ronaldo Aiming To Make Shock Comeback In NASL by FOOTYNEWS: 3:03pm On Jan 15, 2015
[img]http://4.bp..com/-YJa8P4HgJJc/VLfHAiO6qsI/AAAAAAAAAhU/mlE7y6BKmzM/s1600/toure.jpg[/img]

World Cup's second highest goal in history has announced on Wednesday that he may make a comeback to football with the Fort Lauderdale Strikers of the NASL.

Ronaldo who is 38 has been crowned World Player of the Year 3 times and spent his illustrious career playing for major clubs across Europe likes Barcelona, Inter Milan and Real Madrid. He last played professionally in 2011 with Brazilian club Corinthians.

However in a press conference in Florida on Wednesday, the minority owner of the second-tier Strikers confirmed that he is aiming to get back in shape and re-launch his career in the U.S.

“I will train a lot, and if the coach needs me, maybe [return to playing],” Ronaldo said. “It’s easy to get in shape – you have to train. To play a soccer game you have to be in very good shape so I will try. I’ll start another challenge and I’m sure it will help the league and it will help the team and help soccer in America.”

known to be one of the greatest, Ronaldo will get plenty of media attention for this attempted comeback and it will no doubt raise the profile of the Strikers around the globe. With Fort Lauderdale’s other Brazilian owners bringing Ronaldo on board a few months ago claiming he had supreme “business connections”, it is now slotting into place as to exactly why that happened. Ronaldo getting fit may be a bit of an issue.

Even in his pomp with Real and Inter, the Brazilian striker was always carrying an extra bit of timber and was never known for his endurance. That said, if he can get in decent shape then he will likely score plenty of goals in North America’s second-tier.

So, in the NASL next season we could have two legendary forwards in Raul and Ronaldo squaring off against each other when the Strikers play the New York Cosmos. Not bad for a second-tier matchup, not bad at all.

SOURCE: [url]http:///86ZVK8 [/url]

(1) (Reply)

Adebayor Says He Is At Spurs To Make Money / Fellaini Explains Goal Celebration Against QPR / At Least 40 Dead In Clashes At Football Game In Cairo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.