Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,148 members, 7,849,576 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 02:48 AM

The Year's Best- And Worst-selling Cars 2008 - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / The Year's Best- And Worst-selling Cars 2008 (770 Views)

$$$$***BEST AND WORST USED CARS/SUVs----Latest American Consumer Report 2010 / Why Do Some People Get Luck With Selling Cars On Nairaland And Other Don't. / Make Money Selling Cars Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Year's Best- And Worst-selling Cars 2008 by Nobody: 2:19pm On Dec 19, 2008
The F-150 attracted 473,933 buyers this year, making it the No. 1-selling vehicle for 2008--it's been the best-selling vehicle in America[b] for 27 years running[/b]. Another 431,725 buyers drove off Chevrolet lots in a Silverado.

gas-guzzlers that don't serve a purpose grin Nissan Armada, which rolls in at No. 5 among the worst-selling vehicles so far this year. Armada sales are off 49.1% this year compared to last year, with only 14,753 buyers purchasing the big and brawny SUV. It gets a combined 14 mpg. shocked

As bad of a year as it's been for sales of the aforementioned Armada, it's not the worst-selling vehicle in 2008. That title goes to Hyundai Entourage minivan, with only 5,405 sold this year.  embarassed
Joining the Armada, Entourage and Pacifica in the top five worst-selling vehicles are the Mitsubishi Endeavor, with only 5,687 units sold through November, and the Hummer H2, with only 5,721 sold cry

many fuel-efficient small cars have seen very strong sales in 2008.
such as the
Honda Civics 352,248   The gas-powered Civic gets 29 mpg  while the even more efficient hybrid version, which gets a combined fuel economy of 42 mpg

184,152  for the Ford Focus

buttom line Nigerians dont care if cars are fuel guzzlerzz especially the love for SUVs grin grin grin we just love flashy things even @ 9mpg grin
                             Details from yahoo autos and cars.com

Any contribution is welcomed
Re: The Year's Best- And Worst-selling Cars 2008 by Areaboy2(m): 5:29pm On Dec 19, 2008
rightly said my good man, ur last sentence says it all, the average Nigerian just dont care about fuel consumption and yet we complain about high fuel price, seriously, what is wrong with us?

back to the main topic, that trend will continue for the next 3- 4 years to come, Big gas guzzlers don't float ppls boat anymore, smaller cars will sell much more than big ones as we gradually run out of fossil fuel,
Re: The Year's Best- And Worst-selling Cars 2008 by raimialiu: 5:34pm On Dec 19, 2008
hi, guys. I want you guys to tell me if know about university of ife, it is just about their school fees and how much will it cost me all if i am given admission into the school. I want to know the total price of money that i will use for the admission.

Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Sell And Buy Properties Http://www.sellbuynigeria.com/ / 18rims Tyres For Sales / Larryshow4 My Request Has Been Hijacked,pls Help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.