Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,243 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:54 AM

Kanye West 808's And Heartbreak Is Wack - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Kanye West 808's And Heartbreak Is Wack (2671 Views)

Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! / Elajoe Is Wack / Illbliss Is Wack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kanye West 808's And Heartbreak Is Wack by revenge(m): 2:37pm On Dec 19, 2008
grin Damm imaginne a real rapper linke kanye singing ,

damm this his new album  808's and Heartbreak  is pure wack

I've been listening to it for some time now. Iseem to  like it, but I don't think it contests with Graduation or especially College Dropout. The autotune on almost every track gets annoying after a while.

Different style, still solid though. My favorite track on it is love lock down .the rest track r wack

Re: Kanye West 808's And Heartbreak Is Wack by iice(f): 2:45pm On Dec 19, 2008
I laugh tire for SNL grin grin

Anyway, while i appreciate his artistic exploration, did the whole bloody album have to be full of singing? not that he's usher. It would have been better if it was mixed up with rap tracks.
Re: Kanye West 808's And Heartbreak Is Wack by khanye(m): 3:03pm On Dec 19, 2008
ur pa is wack grin
Re: Kanye West 808's And Heartbreak Is Wack by A40(m): 4:41pm On Dec 19, 2008
Dawg you beat me to it!! Kanye really let a lot of his fans down with this his silly vocoder thingy the singing is just not on point i would not be caught dead or alive with that album if Love Lockdown and Heartless is anything to go by
Re: Kanye West 808's And Heartbreak Is Wack by sunnykiss(m): 5:39pm On Dec 19, 2008
Hey kanye let the real hip hop down , why did he do that album that album is so white,

it is more of a dude type of album, well i gbadun love lockdown video, using african masquarade , wooow kanye, undecided
Re: Kanye West 808's And Heartbreak Is Wack by ajayi1(m): 6:23pm On Dec 19, 2008
The guy just decided to change his whole music concept. Welll i manage to like 2 tracks from his album. undecided
Re: Kanye West 808's And Heartbreak Is Wack by chiogo(f): 6:55pm On Dec 19, 2008
Yea meng, album is sooo wack!!!! thought I was the only one. Everybody now wants to sing, shoot!!

Chris Brown would start rapping too.:: oh no, he already did and guess what> he was good.

Somebody tell Kanye to quit it while he can. '07 is gone, he beat fiddy. '08 is almost gone too. go back to rapping. TY!
Re: Kanye West 808's And Heartbreak Is Wack by tRoOE(f): 7:16pm On Dec 19, 2008
[size=13pt]Are you people crazyyyyyyyyyy, the album was good
I love every tracks on the album
Coldest winter, hmmm that track is hot kiss
Am addicted to the ablum tongue
[/size]
Re: Kanye West 808's And Heartbreak Is Wack by shotster50(m): 12:31am On Dec 20, 2008
I think y'all are just spewing garbage you got from other websites, critics said the same thing when he first blew up, dissin the way he rapped and now its autotune, for me, 808 is one of the best albums in '08.   You are just dissapointed he didnt rap in it period,  big deal get over it. You forget he is an artiste, he has refused to put himself in a box like majority of your favourite artistes who can't even rap for their lives.   

If y'all wanted some rap then go cop souljah boy or some other wack ass rapper out there. Ye did what other artistes couldnt and can't do which is creating something new, trying to be different and damning the consequences. As much as people say they hate his album, 808 is one of the biggest albums of the year,  doesnt that say something
Re: Kanye West 808's And Heartbreak Is Wack by tRoOE(f): 6:39am On Dec 20, 2008
shotster50:

I think y'all are just spewing garbage you got from other websites, critics said the same thing when he first blew up, dissin the way he rapped and now its autotune, for me, 808 is one of the best albums in '08.   You are just dissapointed he didnt rap in it period,  big deal get over it. You forget he is an artiste, he has refused to put himself in a box like majority of your favourite artistes who can't even rap for their lives.   

If y'all wanted some rap then go cop souljah boy or some other wack ass rapper out there. Ye did what other artistes couldnt and can't do which is creating something new, trying to be different and damning the consequences. As much as people say they hate his album, 808 is one of the biggest albums of the year,  doesnt that say something
[size=13pt]True talk, i guess they all 4got this is business
Most of them are just posting based on the comments they saw on blogs
He said during an interview, that this wasn't a rap album, so i wonder what they ere expecting undecided
[/size]
Re: Kanye West 808's And Heartbreak Is Wack by A40(m): 8:10am On Dec 20, 2008
Make i hear word bo!! Even the singing was whack besides how many rappers put out a decent album this year? would you compare that rubbish 808 and Heartbreaks to T.I's Paper Trail?or Young Jeezy's Recession?
Re: Kanye West 808's And Heartbreak Is Wack by chika98: 8:18am On Dec 20, 2008
I would give it 3 mics
Nye needs to lay off sampling though. He's kinda over doing it now embarassed
Re: Kanye West 808's And Heartbreak Is Wack by tRoOE(f): 8:23am On Dec 20, 2008
[size=13pt] hatersssssssssss
The album was not one of his best but it was good
Music is not all about sumtimes grin grin grin
[/size]
Re: Kanye West 808's And Heartbreak Is Wack by davidt(m): 10:29am On Dec 20, 2008
I was pretty disgusted the first time I heard some of the tracks on the album.

I first heard Kanye West using autotune in Lil' Wayne's Lollipop Remix. Then I heard it in Young Jeezy's Put On. In both these tracks, it really sounded cool (he was rapping and not singing). The autotune also sounded nice in Go Hard with T-Pain.

Then came 808's and Heartbreak. When I first heard Love Lockdown, I could not believe it was Kanye West. I showed the track to a couple of people and they could swear it was not Kanye. Nobody even paid attention to the track. After about 2 weeks, I started hearing Love Lockdown all over the place.

As time passed by, I began to like some of the tracks especially Heartless and Welcome to Heartbreak. Most of the others are wack.

I heard the album was as a result of his recent loss of his mother and his recent breakup with his fiance. The track Welcome to Heartbreak really has some touching lyrics (if you actually listen to it). I love the video of Heartless.

Anywayz, I wish Kanye goes back to rapping and shelves singing although I respect his boldness to explore other forms of music.
Re: Kanye West 808's And Heartbreak Is Wack by revenge(m): 2:53pm On Dec 20, 2008
Who cares if Kanye sing because of the music,

he bleeped up the hip hop cummunity Big time ok , wetin concern us and vocord singing .oya na all other artist go soon dey rap, grin
[size=8pt][/size][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][color=#006600][/color]
Re: Kanye West 808's And Heartbreak Is Wack by chiogo(f): 8:15pm On Dec 20, 2008
tRoOE:

[size=13pt]True talk, i guess they all 4got this is business
Most of them are just posting based on the comments they saw on blogs
He said during an interview, that this wasn't a rap album, so i wonder what they ere expecting undecided
[/size]
what blogs?? I stopped feeling him since day 1 when he started using the auto-tune thingy.
I complained about his singing in jeezy's "I put on" so it did not start today.

he said it wasn't a rap album. that's BS! he calls himself a rapper, duh!! not a rap album indeed.
Even if the auto-tune sounds nice, that isn't rap. No excuses meng, album was wack!! lmao
Re: Kanye West 808's And Heartbreak Is Wack by KarmaMod(f): 8:17pm On Dec 20, 2008
The album is about heartbreak

Does anyone actally RAP about heartbreak? the singing doesnt surprise me
Re: Kanye West 808's And Heartbreak Is Wack by shotster50(m): 9:51pm On Dec 20, 2008
You either love him or hate him theres no sitting on the wall. What I do not get is some people here are saying they never liked him,  so why are they complaining that he is singing then because even if he had rapped, you still wont like him. Dudes need to get off Kanye's ball sac , Go find Weezy or somebody else to hit on , Like Ye himself said, ''go 'head, switch the style up
And if they hate then let 'em hate and watch the money pile up'',
Re: Kanye West 808's And Heartbreak Is Wack by tRoOE(f): 1:49am On Dec 21, 2008
chiogo:

what blogs?? I stopped feeling him since day 1 when he started using the auto-tune thingy.

he said it wasn't a rap album. that's BS! he calls himself a rapper, duh!! not a rap album indeed.
Even if the auto-tune sounds nice, that isn't rap. No excuses meng, album was wack!! lmao
[size=13pt]Your opinion wink [/size]

KarmaMod:

The album is about heartbreak

Does anyone actally RAP about heartbreak? the singing doesnt surprise me
Abi oh[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Kanye West 808's And Heartbreak Is Wack by iice(f): 12:13pm On Dec 21, 2008
shotster50:

I think y'all are just spewing garbage you got from other websites, critics said the same thing when he first blew up, dissin the way he rapped and now its autotune,  for me, 808 is one of the best albums in '08.   You are just dissapointed he didnt rap in it period,  big deal get over it. You forget he is an artiste, he has refused to put himself in a box like majority of your favourite artistes who can't even rap for their lives.   

Excuse you.  If you go scout, what critics say, who'ss to say the rest of us do?   We all have our opinions, likes and dislikes.  Your telling us to go get souljah boy is not going to change what some of us think or how we feel. 
Re: Kanye West 808's And Heartbreak Is Wack by A40(m): 1:24pm On Dec 21, 2008
That album is sub-par jare compare it to College Dropout,Late Registration and even Graduation and you would agree that Kanye is slowly falling off

chiogo:

We both think alike! on the Lil Wayne Lollipop remix i was wondering if he had gone loco or something he also did it on Jeezy's Put On and it was weak

I think he should try Reggae or Rock next time because his excuse is so lame
Re: Kanye West 808's And Heartbreak Is Wack by vanhelsing(m): 11:46am On Dec 22, 2008
@ poster

yur soul needs redemption, Kanye can never be whack even if he sings FUJI,
Re: Kanye West 808's And Heartbreak Is Wack by KarmaMod(f): 4:44pm On Dec 22, 2008
I would buy a Kanye Fuji album grin
Re: Kanye West 808's And Heartbreak Is Wack by chiogo(f): 12:01am On Dec 23, 2008
A-40:

That album is sub-par jare compare it to College Dropout,Late Registration and even Graduation and you would agree that Kanye is slowly falling off
We both think alike! on the little Wayne Lollipop remix i was wondering if he had gone loco or something he also did it on Jeezy's Put On and it was weak

I think he should try Reggae or Rock next time because his excuse is so lame

Hmmn, I didn't see my name on your interview. Lolz, jk.
Re: Kanye West 808's And Heartbreak Is Wack by A40(m): 12:59am On Dec 23, 2008
chiogo:

Hmmn, I didn't see my name on your interview. Lolz, jk.
Ohh gosh!! i can't believe i forgot that shocked shocked i am so so sorry would you ever forgive me embarassed
Re: Kanye West 808's And Heartbreak Is Wack by chiogo(f): 2:38am On Dec 23, 2008
A-40:

Ohh gosh!! i can't believe i forgot that shocked shocked i am so so sorry would you ever forgive me embarassed
No problemo smiley
Re: Kanye West 808's And Heartbreak Is Wack by A40(m): 4:31am On Dec 23, 2008
chiogo:

No problemo smiley
Thanks  wink wink
Re: Kanye West 808's And Heartbreak Is Wack by dansmith1(m): 10:49pm On Dec 30, 2008
kanye is cool. I havent listened 2 all d album, but i trust it is solid. kanye singing, i feel, is based on wat the album is about-heartbreak, and also less we 4get he lost mom not too long ago, so it all kinda makes sense in a way. As per hip-hop, he is still very much on point, manages 2 give ill punchlines still on his new tracks, and represents hip hop very well.
Re: Kanye West 808's And Heartbreak Is Wack by dansmith1(m): 10:52pm On Dec 30, 2008
kanye is cool. I havent listened 2 all d album, but i trust it is solid. kanye singing, i feel, is based on wat the album is about-heartbreak, and also less we 4get he lost mom not too long ago, so the ambience all kinda makes sense in a way. As per hip-hop, he is still very much on point, manages 2 give ill punchlines still on his new tracks, and represents hip hop very well.
Re: Kanye West 808's And Heartbreak Is Wack by shotster50(m): 7:51am On Dec 31, 2008
The fact is no matter what he does there will always be people out there who will say something negative,
Re: Kanye West 808's And Heartbreak Is Wack by aieromon(m): 11:40am On Jan 01, 2009
for someone to be bold n sing throughout the album is AMAZING.maybe you guys are just PARANOID that we now have a singing rapper.snoop did a good job wit sensual seduction n the louis vuitton don went a further step with HEARTLESS and LOVE LOCKDOWN.

SAY YOU WILL or wont,the fact remains that K.WEST is bad news to all the fake artistes that have long dumped creativity.

SEE YOU IN MY NIGHTMARES!

(1) (Reply)

Its A Sinzu"lized" For Saucekid / But Why Did YUNG6IX Mention Tonto Dike And Poko In FIRST CLASS Song? / Download 'komotion' By Ice Prince Ft Wizkid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.