Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,762 members, 7,817,104 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:49 AM

Easiest Way To Send Money from Nigeria to US? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Easiest Way To Send Money from Nigeria to US? (65679 Views)

Nigeria Can Now Send Money Out Via Western Union / Bank Accounts And People You Don't Wanna Send Money To - Part 1 / The Best Way To Send Money From Nigeria To The Uk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Easiest Way To Send Money from Nigeria to US? by pheebs: 10:47pm On Dec 19, 2008
Hello,
I would like to find out some information from the forum:
1. What is easiest and cheapest way to send money from US to Nigeria, from Nigeria to US and how long it takes?
2. What is the easiest way to goods to Nigeria from US?
3. Can i direct ebay to send goods i buy online to a Nigeria address?
thanks
Re: Easiest Way To Send Money from Nigeria to US? by xposure(m): 1:51pm On Dec 20, 2008
It will be a good idea if you do some research yourself but i can offer some advise.

Sending money to U.S or receiving: i think you go through the banks.
As regards goods, it depends on what you are sending and how fast you want it. The cost implication differs.
A lot of dealers do not send goods or services outside U.S but there are few ones that do so you need to consult and make inquiry.

1 Like

Re: Easiest Way To Send Money from Nigeria to US? by MassOptin(m): 1:18am On Dec 22, 2008
Hello,

You cannot send money abroad from Nigeria. That is confirmed. You cannot use either Western Union or Money gram. But you can pay by Liberty Reserve and Bank Wire Transfer. Wire is relatively cheap but takes time to reach the seller. Liberty is not cheap but fast, almost instant like Paypal. Liberty is good for Sellers, Paypal is good for Buyers. Get the hint.

Thanks, hope my answer helps (www.massoptins.com)

William.

1 Like

Re: Easiest Way To Send Money from Nigeria to US? by pheebs: 5:44pm On Dec 23, 2008
Hello William,
If i cannot use western union or moneygram, what are they there for then?
when you talk about wire, it is expensive because when i hear the rates i am been told, it is very discouraging
Liberty Reserve's operations are questionable.
surely there must be a clean and affordable way to transfer money accross continents,

1 Like

Re: Easiest Way To Send Money from Nigeria to US? by MassOptin(m): 6:08pm On Dec 23, 2008
Hello Pheebs,

If you want to transfer money across continents you have to get online merchant account like PAYPAL or LIBERTY RESERVE. Paypal is usually preferred by online buyers (as there is strong buyer protection), and Liberty Reserve usually by sellers (as refunds are not possible).

Do a little reserch and you will be able to find out payments across countries.

William
Re: Easiest Way To Send Money from Nigeria to US? by brauneyes: 11:09pm On Dec 29, 2008
pheebs:

Hello,
1. What is easiest and cheapest way to send money from US to Nigeria, from Nigeria to US and how long it takes?
thanks
(1) The best way i know is to open a domiciliary account in Naija, then transfer the funds to a bank account in the US.
(2) There are several ways of doing that, you have to determine which way u wanna use. Air, Ocean, etc.
(3) Capital NO. There is so much fraud from Nigeria.
GOODLUCK
Re: Easiest Way To Send Money from Nigeria to US? by nthnymarce(m): 3:40pm On Dec 31, 2008
hi pheebs,

U can contact Nippon America. His coperate head office is in Jibowu, lagos , Nigeria.
Re: Easiest Way To Send Money from Nigeria to US? by 9to5365(m): 6:49am On Jan 02, 2009
@ pheebs,

Try www.opujoe.com they helped me get some things from the US. They have a good service.
Re: Easiest Way To Send Money from Nigeria to US? by OrderBay(f): 5:14pm On Jan 02, 2009
Hello,

You can also try www.orderbay.com.

OrderBay.com is an innovative on-line company that offers the following services:

Sourcing Services: we help customers to purchase items from North American stores e.g. electronics, books, clothing, laptops, etc.

Payment Services: we help customers to make payments to North American merchants and merchants from other countries e.g. payments for GRE, GMAT, TOEFL, professional memberships, payments to PayPal accounts, etc.

Debit Card Services: we help customers to purchase prepaid non-reloadale debit cards that can be used for making on-line payments.

Check out or web site at www.orderbay.com

The OrderBay Team
Re: Easiest Way To Send Money from Nigeria to US? by niyisky: 6:39pm On Jan 03, 2009

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Easiest Way To Send Money from Nigeria to US? by CarlosVent(m): 11:06am On Nov 25, 2009
as an importer i buy USA computers. can buy in ebay, amazon and some notable stores and then send them to my office in New York from there to Nigeria in just 5 to 9days.

if u need our services visit our website below and then click on online payment and u will see details.
Re: Easiest Way To Send Money from Nigeria to US? by denny4ril: 7:35pm On May 07, 2010
i support liberty reserve for money transfer. it is easy, instant and little charges are paid
Re: Easiest Way To Send Money from Nigeria to US? by emmybabe: 11:25am On Jul 27, 2010
i know of a company , apparently they have only just started, they are quite cheap from what i heard
its called afrotradegroup
www.afrotradegroup.com
hope this helps smiley
Re: Easiest Way To Send Money from Nigeria to US? by patrick45(m): 7:41am On Jul 28, 2010
Afrotrade Group only takes inbound transfers ( remittances from the diaspora to nigeria) only. You cannot send money out of the country with money transfer operators. Wire transfers only from banks and Paypal/Liberty reserve.
Re: Easiest Way To Send Money from Nigeria to US? by SAPNETUK: 9:49am On Oct 11, 2010
We offer thesame services too. We enable all types of International ePayments/shopping. Our website is www.sapnetsolutions.co.uk

Re: Easiest Way To Send Money from Nigeria to US? by moneytran(f): 10:48pm On Nov 09, 2010
i work for international money transfer. our rate is lowest compare to any money transfer

we do wire, bank to bank,pick up cash etc

contact me for more information at lilawhyte@rocketmail.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Easiest Way To Send Money from Nigeria to US? by moneynow: 1:03am On Nov 17, 2010
Most companies and esp those in us don't do business with Nigerians living in Nigeria. So you need a us address to do business with, you can get one through graphcard.com
The easiest way to buy goods from us and have it shipped to Nigeria is by using this website myus.com
Check them out, their rates are ok.
Re: Easiest Way To Send Money from Nigeria to US? by mubaraqqq(f): 11:46am On Nov 11, 2011
It is uncommon to send money from Nigeria to a recipient abroad. The usual activity is that the Nigerians who are working overseas are the ones who are sending money back to their families and relatives in Nigeria. However, due to the negative reports about Nigeria being a country for money laundering activities, one cannot send or receive money through Western Union Transfer Fund.

HOW TO SEND MONEY FROM NIGERIA

Open a foreign currency domiciliary account – a domiciliary account is a foreign currency dominated account and all banks in Nigeria are offering this kind of services.

REQUIREMENTS:

Identification Card:
International passport
Driver’s license
National I.D
Tax clearance card
2 Reference letters (2 letters from 2 domiciliary account holders under the same bank you are opening an account with)
Utility bills (PCHN, Water bill, NITEL)
2 passport photos
100USD or 50Pounds

Read more about this article here http://shikenan.com/article-details/1/69/2/The-Best-Way-to-Send-Money-from-Nigeria
Re: Easiest Way To Send Money from Nigeria to US? by afrotradeg(f): 12:29pm On Dec 01, 2011
patrick45:

Afrotrade Group only takes inbound transfers ( remittances from the diaspora to nigeria) only. You cannot send money out of the country with money transfer operators. Wire transfers only from banks and Paypal/Liberty reserve.

Many thanks Mr Patrick,

Our system can accept Naira for payments in the Uk and the US i.e We can provide remittance from Nigeria to europe, china, US e.t.c)

We also make payment on behalf of Sports betting Companies, Just provide your reference number or account number with the betting companies with their bank details

we will credit the account for you

Many thanks

Re: Easiest Way To Send Money from Nigeria to US? by bigtij(m): 8:27am On Dec 02, 2011
Try SAPNET SOLUTIONS they are based in the Uk and they are very good and trust worthy. I have been using them for a while now and I must say they are a breath of fresh air

www. sapnetsolutions .co.uk smiley wink
Re: Easiest Way To Send Money from Nigeria to US? by Mykurl: 9:14pm On Dec 18, 2011
We fund liberty reserve at affordable rates. We serve customers in Ikeja, Ogba, Ojodu Berger, Agege, Iyana Ipaja n environs. Call 07031342305. One on one instant funding at our office, please.
Re: Easiest Way To Send Money from Nigeria to US? by richtank: 7:51pm On Aug 12, 2014
SimplePay has the cheapest way to send money to Nigeria. www.simplepay4u.com You just need to open a SimplePay account from the US or UK. Then you can send it to your family and friends in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Easiest Way To Send Money from Nigeria to US? by niyisky: 1:43pm On Sep 11, 2014
Re: Easiest Way To Send Money from Nigeria to US? by proficienc(m): 7:49am On Oct 14, 2014
[quote author=niyisky post=26211699][/quote]
Did you ever use Betfair cos I'm having issues sending thru Bank Wire. I don't think I want to send via wire anymore as the cost is just a rip off.
Re: Easiest Way To Send Money from Nigeria to US? by sherifos: 9:21am On Aug 05, 2016
pheebs:
Hello,
thanks

I bliv this post will b helpful to you http:///how-send-money-nigeria-online-offline/ especially because of the new cbn directives on money transfer to Nigeria few days ago
Re: Easiest Way To Send Money from Nigeria to US? by Naijacryptogeek: 5:59pm On Feb 21, 2019

Using cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, XRP, Ethererum are the fastest way to send money outside Nigeria not just to the US but also to other countries. In less than an hour, the transaction can be completed and you will pay much less in fees. The person on the other side just needs to have a cryptocurrency wallet/address. I usually use [url]quidax.com[/url] whenever I want to buy/sell cryptocurrencies as the platform is easy to use and withdraws to my bank account are instant.
Re: Easiest Way To Send Money from Nigeria to US? by Silvermoney: 7:02am On Feb 22, 2019
Naijacryptogeek:

Using cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, XRP, Ethererum are the fastest way to send money outside Nigeria not just to the US but also to other countries. In less than an hour, the transaction can be completed and you will pay much less in fees. The person on the other side just needs to have a cryptocurrency wallet/address. I usually use [url]quidax.com[/url] whenever I want to buy/sell cryptocurrencies as the platform is easy to use and withdraws to my bank account are instant.

Interesting.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Swiftecurrency Customer Service- Buy/Sell PM,Bitcoin,Neteller,Paypal etc / Lady Shows The N1000 Note Dispensed To Her By An ATM In Lagos / Mohammed Indimi Donates N4.2Billion To Lynn University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.