Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,166 members, 7,829,167 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:52 PM

'Putting Out Fleeces': Christians Share Your Experience - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 'Putting Out Fleeces': Christians Share Your Experience (486 Views)

Have You Ever Seen Juju/jazz In Action? Come In And Share Your Experience / ''anybody Putting On 'attachment' Is Putting On Snake In The Realm Of Darkness'' / Christians,share Your Sunday School Topics Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

'Putting Out Fleeces': Christians Share Your Experience by Sanchez01: 1:33am On Jan 18, 2015
The concept of “putting out a fleece” comes from the story of Gideon, a leader in Israel, in Judges 6. When God directed him to gather the Israelite troops to defeat the Midianite invaders, Gideon wanted to be sure it was really God’s voice he was hearing and that he understood His directions. He asked God for a sign to prove that this was truly His will. So he put out a piece of wool overnight and asked God to make it wet while keeping the surrounding dirt dry. God graciously did as Gideon asked, and in the morning the fleece was wet enough to produce a bowl of water when it was wrung out.

But Gideon’s faith was so weak that he asked God for another sign—this time to keep another fleece dry while making the surrounding dirt wet. Again, God complied, and Gideon was finally convinced that God meant what He said and that the nation of Israel would have the victory the angel of the Lord had promised in Judges 6:14-16. Putting out the fleeces was the second time Gideon had asked for a sign that God was really talking to him and would do what He said He would.

To put out a fleece means to ask God for a visible sign so as to verify or 'confirm' your prayer(s) is/are answered. E.g;

Samuel: Dear Lord, as I go to church this morning, reveal my spouse to me. Make her wear a red attire and cause her to sit beside me.
*Therefore any lady who sits close to him in church wearing a red attire is indeed confirmed to be his wife*

We put out fleeces in different ways, though. Christians, share you experience. Happy Sunday! smiley

(1) (Reply)

Pls Help A Brother In Critical Condition / The Grand Design#a Must Read By Christians In Nigeria#(pray Nd Watch) / It Is For Your Good

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.