Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,658 members, 7,823,870 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:57 PM

Where Is The Garden Of Eden? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Is The Garden Of Eden? (2739 Views)

Where Is The Garden Of Eden Located. / Unbiased View Of The Garden Of Eden Myth. / What Was Actually The Forbidden Fruit In The Garden Of Eden?fruit Or Fornication (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Is The Garden Of Eden? by johnydon22(m): 2:13pm On Jan 20, 2015
bsjay:

I am so impressed with this question. The reason why we seem to be clinging to blind faith is because we have failed to ask questions such as this, believing everything our pastors tell us without investigations and examining so to attain conviction. Have u also seek to know what the sins against the Holy Spirit are and why they cannot be forgiven? Jesus said "seek and ye shall find." He also said "ye shall know the Truth and the Truth shall set you free!" The first step towards the recognition of the Truth is to understand the fact that the Bible is primarily a spiritual book. And that most of the events recorded therein do not refer to this gross material earth! The story of Adam and Eve, like other parables of Jesus is an allegory serves to convey spiritual knowledge of cosmic turning points, evolution and development of subsequent creation with man as the crown of this subsequent creation. I may not have time now to go into details but if any of u have a proper understanding of the parable of the prodigal son, u will come nearer to the truth behind the story of Adam and Eve. Neither Adam nor Eve has ever been incarnated on this gross material earth nor is the Garden of Eden refered to in the bible is ever on this earth. Unfortunately, we have given a very narrow, dangerous and one-sided interpretation to the parable of the prodigal son which has prevented us from any other recognition and understanding. The whole scriptures have been turned upside down to suit man's weaknesses and short-comings, also for their gains and spiritual comfort which only lull them to spiritual death. Again, I borrow the words of the Master; ye shall know the Truth, and It shall set you free from all present day chaos and conflict of the mind.
Why dont u just hit the nail on the head and tell us the story of adam and even is just an allegoric presentation and not really a factual story... why dont you just tell us that Eden never existed on earth and then i can bring on more questions...Stop going in circles bro
Re: Where Is The Garden Of Eden? by MrPresident1: 2:14pm On Jan 20, 2015
johnydon22:

Why dont u just hit the nail on the head and tell us the story of adam and even is just an allegoric presentation and not really a factual story... why dont you just tell us that Eden never existed on earth and then i can bring on more questions...Stop going in circles bro

Actually, Eden existed. Ask you questions grin
Re: Where Is The Garden Of Eden? by dd12345: 2:20pm On Jan 20, 2015
bsjay:

Stop sounding like u know anything. How do u have Christ and how do u seek the kingdom of heaven? Answer those 2questions b4 I say anything here.
@ bsjay and others
let me start with the location of the garden of eden...the garden of eden was on earth,just like somebody the location was in iraq, i dont dispute that but even if you get to the location, all you will see is an ordinary land like any other.there is a glory in the garden of eden that makes it eden or paradise...that glory is no more there again...the glory left after man sin against God....its like THE glory that Adam and eve had before they sinned against God...what happened after they eat that evil fruit...they saw that they were naked...why not seeing dat b4 they ate the fruit...their glory that they have that makes them a living soul has departed or left them...that the same thing with the garden of eden.

the garden of eden is no longer a physical location but a spiritual location...ordinary eyes cannnot locate it again...it is hidden...a cherubim is with a flaming sword is guiding the way to it...for you to see it, ur eyes of undastanding must be enlightening to see it...before you can even enter into it to eat the tree of life that will make u live forever...eph 1:18 says I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened, so that you will know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints.

for you to see and enter into the garden of even is the purpose for which christ came.
TO SEE THE GARDEN OF EDEN OR SEE THE KINGDOM OF GOD...YOU MUST BE BORN AGAIN...john 3:3 says
Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God
TO ENTER THE KINGDOM OF GOD OR GARDEN OF EDEN TO EAT FROM THE TREE OF LIFE...john 3:5 says
Jesus answered, “I assure you: Unless someone is born of water and the Spirit,, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.

For you to enter in the garden of eden or kingdom of GOD, you must be born of water and the spirit i.e you must be washed with the word,transformed by the word, and the spirit which also the word of God...john 6v 63 says
"It is the Spirit who gives life(eternal life); the flesh profits nothing; the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and are life.rev 2:7 says He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.
Re: Where Is The Garden Of Eden? by johnydon22(m): 2:21pm On Jan 20, 2015
MrPresident1:

Actually, Eden existed. Ask you questions grin
where?
Re: Where Is The Garden Of Eden? by MrPresident1: 2:25pm On Jan 20, 2015
johnydon22:

where?

Deuteronomy 11:24
Every place whereon the soles of your feet shall tread shall be yours: from the wilderness and Lebanon, from the river, the river Euphrates, even unto the uttermost sea shall your coast be.

Lebanon is the marker. It was called garden of Eden before The Most High God threw us out of it. Now its just a piece of land.
Re: Where Is The Garden Of Eden? by MrPresident1: 2:26pm On Jan 20, 2015
dd12345:

@ bsjay and others
let me start with the location of the garden of eden...the garden of eden was on earth,just like somebody the location was in iraq, i dont dispute that but even if you get to the location, all you will see is an ordinary land like any other.there is a glory in the garden of eden that makes it eden or paradise...that glory is no more there again...the glory left after man sin against God....its like THE glory that Adam and eve had before they sinned against God...what happened after they eat that evil fruit...they saw that they were naked...why not seeing dat b4 they ate the fruit...their glory that they have that makes them a living soul has departed or left them...that the same thing with the garden of eden.

the garden of eden is no longer a physical location but a spiritual location...ordinary eyes cannnot locate it again...it is hidden...a cherubim is with a flaming sword is guiding the way to it...for you to see it, ur eyes of undastanding must be enlightening to see it...before you can even enter into it to eat the tree of life that will make u live forever...eph 1:18 says I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened, so that you will know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints.

for you to see and enter into the garden of even is the purpose for which christ came.
TO SEE THE GARDEN OF EDEN OR SEE THE KINGDOM OF GOD...YOU MUST BE BORN AGAIN...john 3:3 says
Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God
TO ENTER THE KINGDOM OF GOD OR GARDEN OF EDEN TO EAT FROM THE TREE OF LIFE...john 3:5 says
Jesus answered, “I assure you: Unless someone is born of water and the Spirit,, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.

For you to enter in the garden of eden or kingdom of GOD, you must be born of water and the spirit i.e you must be washed with the word,transformed by the word, and the spirit which also the word of God...john 6v 63 says
"It is the Spirit who gives life(eternal life); the flesh profits nothing; the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and are life.rev 2:7 says He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.

I concur with the bolded.
Re: Where Is The Garden Of Eden? by johnydon22(m): 3:24pm On Jan 20, 2015
MrPresident1:

Deuteronomy 11:24
Every place whereon the soles of your feet shall tread shall be yours: from the wilderness and Lebanon, from the river, the river Euphrates, even unto the uttermost sea shall your coast be.

Lebanon is the marker. It was called garden of Eden before The Most High God threw us out of it. Now its just a piece of land.
Lmao... why am not just suprised at this answer grin
Re: Where Is The Garden Of Eden? by MrPresident1: 3:43pm On Jan 20, 2015
johnydon22:

Lmao... why am not just suprised at this answer grin

you are not surprised? How interesting grin grin
Re: Where Is The Garden Of Eden? by bsjay(m): 8:19pm On Jan 25, 2015
dd12345:

@ bsjay and others

It's so laughable reading ur story. Well, freedom of opinion and belief. One thing certain is that, our opinion and belief cannot alter any fact nor truth behind events recorded in the bible. But very soon everyone will be struck by the naked Truth as it really is.
Re: Where Is The Garden Of Eden? by bsjay(m): 9:36pm On Jan 25, 2015
johnydon22:

I will only make my explanation very short and in 3 fold. Further explanation to convey the complete knowledge of what actually happened will be given if required.
The story of Adam and Eve comprises first, the development of subsequent creation, follows by the compulsory expulsion of the spirit seeds from Paradise(this Paradise has nothing to do with the gross material earth, but the kingdom of God we all are yearning to go), lastly the fall of man that led to hereditary sin.
Let me quickly move on to what Christ meant with the parable of the prodigal son. In the Spiritual Substantiality where the human spirits Paradise is situated, there existed mature, conscious Spirit beings and unconscious spirit seeds. These mature Spirit beings were able to take on forms under the direct pressure of the Primordial Light of God while the unconscious spirit seeds were unable to. A time came when these unconscious spirit seeds felt the desire to attain consciousness in order to enjoy the bliss, peace and blessings of Paradise. Because the intensification of the Primordial Light was too strong for them to absorb, it became necessary that they be ejected or expelled from Paradise to a more cooler region where they could gain consciousness and mature through experiencing. For this reason, they were endowed with talents and (Free-Will) so that by becoming conscious and mature, they may use their talents to ensure joyous activities throughout their gross material wandering and with their free will, decide whether to use their talents for service to God by recognising His Laws and live accordingly in order after their mission on the gross material earth, they may return as conscious, mature and perfect human spirits to Paradise. But as the prodigal son did, by over cultivating his intellect and left his spirit within him dormant, which is equivalent to saying (died spiritually), he squandered his talents on earthly pleasures and vanities, disobeyed the Laws of God which alone are the only ticket to the kingdom of God. Luckily for him, a time came where he recognised his errors, had a change of mind, he repented and the way back home was mercifully shown to him which he then walked unerringly until he got home(Paradise). Indeed there was joy and celebration in heaven just the same way it is till today when a soul finally makes it back home, overcoming all the imbroglios on his way.
This is what Christ meant with His parable of the prodigal son. Going back to the beginning, we human beings were the unconscious spirit seeds who felt the urge for consciousness. Eating of the fruit was over cultivation of our intellect which destroyed the bridges to our spirits and left us only with the ability to recognise our flesh, sexual instinct which in due course became an hereditary sin and gave birth to many other sins like envy, hatred, slander with many atrocities committed therewith.
The coming of Jesus was to provide us with this enlightenment and many more but mankind at that time were so immature to grasp Him. For that reason He promised us another, a Comforter, the Spirit of Truth, the Son of Man Who would guide us into all truth and show us more things to come(John16:12-15) and also bring the predicted Last Judgment.
More questions are welcomed. Should u require full details of all the happenings, pls don't hesitate to ask.
Peace!
Re: Where Is The Garden Of Eden? by bsjay(m): 10:05pm On Jan 25, 2015
jeremiah505:

you have Christ by reading the word and following the commandments of God... if you have Christ... You have access to the kingdom of Heaven (Selah)...
First of all, who was and is this Christ? The Word Incarnate! Meaning, the Word of God Who was made flesh to dwell among men in order to bring them enlightenment that would lead to salvation and redemption in the very Word with strict understanding and adherence. And, what is the purpose of this salvation and redemption? To lead man back to God the Father! Christ Himself, even when He taught the Lord's prayer pointed man to God the Father in Heaven. He rejected every personal attitude taken towards Him by the people of that time and always pointed them to the Father through the Word that He Himself was and is. He even went further to say "not those who say to me lord, lord shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but those who recognise the Will of His Father and do them!"
But today what do we see? Misunderstanding and misinterpretations of that very Word! Everyone is engaging in that very act Christ Himself warned, becoming self-servants with the delusion that they are serving God. Singing the name of Jesus with their lips while their inner being speaks entirely a different language. Religious fanatics! No wonder Jesus said: My people perish for lack of knowledge.
Re: Where Is The Garden Of Eden? by johnw74: 1:56am On Jan 26, 2015
Genesis 2:10-14
A river flowed out of Eden to water the garden, and there it divided and became four rivers. The name of the first is the Pishon. It is the one that flowed around the whole land of Havilah, where there is gold. And the gold of that land is good; bdellium and onyx stone are there. The name of the second river is the Gihon. It is the one that flowed around the whole land of Cush. And the name of the third river is the Tigris, which flows east of Assyria. And the fourth river is the Euphrates.

Gen_3:24 So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.
Re: Where Is The Garden Of Eden? by bsjay(m): 3:27am On Jan 26, 2015
johnw74:
Genesis 2:10-14
A river flowed out of Eden to water the garden, and there it divided and became four rivers. The name of the first is the Pishon. It is the one that flowed around the whole land of Havilah, where there is gold. And the gold of that land is good; bdellium and onyx stone are there. The name of the second river is the Gihon. It is the one that flowed around the whole land of Cush. And the name of the third river is the Tigris, which flows east of Assyria. And the fourth river is the Euphrates.

Gen_3:24 So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.
"If I have told you of earthly things and ye believe me not, how will you believe me if I tell you of heavenly things?" John16:12-15"I have yet other things to say to you but ye cannot bear them now. Howbeit, when He, the Spirit of Truth is come, He shall guide you into all truth and show you more things to come..." "For we know in parts but when that which is perfect is come, that which is in part shall be done away with!"
Quoting the scriptures in an earthly sense has made us to be blind to the Truth. The right understanding of the scriptures is completely lacking coupled with the fact that the Bible doesn't contain all that man needs to know as confirmed by Jesus Himself in John16:12-15 and Paul.
By the time we will start reading the bible in a spiritual sense as it should be, we will start asking many questions that will lead us to the Truth.
Re: Where Is The Garden Of Eden? by johnydon22(m): 10:34am On Jan 26, 2015
bsjay:

I will only make my explanation very short and in 3 fold. Further explanation to convey the complete knowledge of what actually happened will be given if required.
The story of Adam and Eve comprises first, the development of subsequent creation, follows by the compulsory expulsion of the spirit seeds from Paradise(this Paradise has nothing to do with the gross material earth, but the kingdom of God we all are yearning to go), lastly the fall of man that led to hereditary sin.
Let me quickly move on to what Christ meant with the parable of the prodigal son. In the Spiritual Substantiality where the human spirits Paradise is situated, there existed mature, conscious Spirit beings and unconscious spirit seeds. These mature Spirit beings were able to take on forms under the direct pressure of the Primordial Light of God while the unconscious spirit seeds were unable to. A time came when these unconscious spirit seeds felt the desire to attain consciousness in order to enjoy the bliss, peace and blessings of Paradise. Because the intensification of the Primordial Light was too strong for them to absorb, it became necessary that they be ejected or expelled from Paradise to a more cooler region where they could gain consciousness and mature through experiencing. For this reason, they were endowed with talents and (Free-Will) so that by becoming conscious and mature, they may use their talents to ensure joyous activities throughout their gross material wandering and with their free will, decide whether to use their talents for service to God by recognising His Laws and live accordingly in order after their mission on the gross material earth, they may return as conscious, mature and perfect human spirits to Paradise. But as the prodigal son did, by over cultivating his intellect and left his spirit within him dormant, which is equivalent to saying (died spiritually), he squandered his talents on earthly pleasures and vanities, disobeyed the Laws of God which alone are the only ticket to the kingdom of God. Luckily for him, a time came where he recognised his errors, had a change of mind, he repented and the way back home was mercifully shown to him which he then walked unerringly until he got home(Paradise). Indeed there was joy and celebration in heaven just the same way it is till today when a soul finally makes it back home, overcoming all the imbroglios on his way.
This is what Christ meant with His parable of the prodigal son. Going back to the beginning, we human beings were the unconscious spirit seeds who felt the urge for consciousness. Eating of the fruit was over cultivation of our intellect which destroyed the bridges to our spirits and left us only with the ability to recognise our flesh, sexual instinct which in due course became an hereditary sin and gave birth to many other sins like envy, hatred, slander with many atrocities committed therewith.
The coming of Jesus was to provide us with this enlightenment and many more but mankind at that time were so immature to grasp Him. For that reason He promised us another, a Comforter, the Spirit of Truth, the Son of Man Who would guide us into all truth and show us more things to come(John16:12-15) and also bring the predicted Last Judgment.
More questions are welcomed. Should u require full details of all the happenings, pls don't hesitate to ask.
Peace!
Yeah thats a very short explanation... i will readbit in jupitar!!!
Re: Where Is The Garden Of Eden? by johnw74: 12:20am On Jan 27, 2015
bsjay:

"If I have told you of earthly things and ye believe me not, how will you believe me if I tell you of heavenly things?" John16:12-15"I have yet other things to say to you but ye cannot bear them now. Howbeit, when He, the Spirit of Truth is come, He shall guide you into all truth and show you more things to come..." "For we know in parts but when that which is perfect is come, that which is in part shall be done away with!"
Quoting the scriptures in an earthly sense has made us to be blind to the Truth. The right understanding of the scriptures is completely lacking coupled with the fact that the Bible doesn't contain all that man needs to know as confirmed by Jesus Himself in John16:12-15 and Paul.
By the time we will start reading the bible in a spiritual sense as it should be, we will start asking many questions that will lead us to the Truth.

2Ti_3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

1 Like

Re: Where Is The Garden Of Eden? by bsjay(m): 7:54pm On Jan 28, 2015
johnw74:

2Ti_3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousn
ess:
But the right understanding of the scriptures is lacking everywhere.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Top 10 Reasons I Don't Believe In God / Ifá Religion: What Is Ifá? / Weirdest Moments In The Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.