Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,412 members, 7,954,649 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:50 AM

May/june 2015 WAEC Offline Registration. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / May/june 2015 WAEC Offline Registration. (3112 Views)

WAEC Releases May/June 2015 WASSCE Results / WAEC To Announce May/june 2015 Results Monday / Man Marking WAEC May/june 2015 In A BRT Bus: Right Or Wrong? (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

May/june 2015 WAEC Offline Registration. by austyknow: 8:01pm On Jan 18, 2015
Good day,

My name is Augustine. I am writing to you in respect of some challenges I have with the offline registration system for May/June 2015 examinations.

I have a Dual Core Pc 3.0 Ghz, 2GB RAM, 500GB hard drive and Windows 7 Ultimate.

I printed the online and offline instruction manuals from the CD-ROM we got and studied them carefully.

I tried to install the offline registration system as prescribed in the manual but was unable to do so.

After locating and launching the "SETUP.EXE" file in the Offline Setup Folder, I got an error message saying that until all required components are installed, setup cannot continue.

It listed about four components among which are:
.NET frame work 4.0
SQL Sever 2008R2 Express x86_64_Full
Crystal Reports32bit
Crystal Report 64 bit

I thought the operating system was incompatible with the application, so I took the disc to a Windows XP computer but got the same error.

I paid close attention to the error message and decided to install those components one after the other.

I installed .NET framework first and then SQL Server 2008 32bit using the defaults.

Both installations went well.

When I tried to install crystal reports 32bit (X86), I got an error message saying that system could not write to file mfc80.dll make sure you have access to the directory.

I made another attempt to run SETUP.EXE but an error was raised saying that setup has detected that the publisher of crystal reports could not be verified.

However, I found a file named DEPLOYMENT and launched it. It presented the interface that SETUP.EXE was supposed to produce according to the manual. I followed the instructions and the installation completed successfully.

I launched the program from the May/June.... shortcut on the desktop and could login without any issues.

I entered a few records and captured both the image and biometrics. All went well. I decided to view the report of registered candidate on the offline system but got an error saying that an unhandled exception has occoured in the application . Click continue and the system may ignore the error and proceed.

But after clicking continue no difference is noticed.

So far, I've been able to install and enter records, but I can print the report of registered candidates.

Please, what could be the reason for the challenges I'm having and what can I do to resolve them?

I'll be waiting to hear from you.

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,
Austin

1 Like

Re: May/june 2015 WAEC Offline Registration. by Zinosalexander(m): 4:51pm On Jan 20, 2015
Yours is even good, at least you are able to register students. I had the same issue with the installation of the "SETUP.EXE" file. After installing allthe components one after the other i am still unable to capture the biometrics of the students, it keeps telling me "Cant initiate capture".

Any piece of advice would be helpful
Re: May/june 2015 WAEC Offline Registration. by abiosson: 10:03am On Jan 29, 2015
Hi, you need to go to this site(http://www.waeconline.org.ng/register/OfflineUpdate.aspx) and download update follow the instruction then you will be able to view and print report from waec offline registration.

Good luck

(1) (Reply)

Things You Need To Know About WAEC Result 2017/2018 – RESULT CHECKER / A Friend Of Mine With A 2.57 Cgpa / Just Got This From South Africa Let's See D First Nigerian To Get It (mr Shape)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.