Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,138 members, 7,842,268 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 03:21 AM

Why You Must Never Give Up, Especially when you fail. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Why You Must Never Give Up, Especially when you fail. (857 Views)

Path To Unveiling Your Purpose (why We Fail) / Bound To Fail / I Slept With Prof. For My Friend To Graduate, And She Did Same For Me To Fail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why You Must Never Give Up, Especially when you fail. by OkunrinMeta: 9:24pm On Jan 18, 2015
I was listening to Les Brown yesterday and he said, “It doesn’t matter what happens to you in life, The only thing that matters is WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT IT?” I have always known nobody likes a cry-cry baby. You have problems but so does everybody else. You lost someone special, somebody else did too, You are poor? hehen? so are millions of people.
I think what you need more now is “a strong shock absorber”. Yeah I borrowed that from the terminology of technologists. The car manufacturer is not stupid enough to think there won’t be gallops. Of course he knows there is a place like Nigeria where you cannot drive without hitting a hundred gallops per hour at least. So he puts in the shocks. Elasticity dictates that the car returns to balance after all the galloping. I believe that is what you need more off. Like the car manufacturer, you can’t afford to pray there won’t be gallops; you cannot repair the various road parts to your destiny any more than Ford can repair all the roads their cars will pass.` There only option is to put in Shocks that will reduce the damage and ensure you return to balance every time.
Without shocks, the car gets damaged; the ride is noisy, very uncomfortable, and even dangerous. My point is, life will knock you down. You will run into gallops. You will run into turbulence, especially when you want to take off. When you try to move to the next level, all hell will break loose. Is it the universe conspiring against you? Is it God punishing you for your sins? or the Devil ……. whatever you call it, I don’t know. What I know is what a wise man said, I can’t remember his name, he said, “Everything that can go wrong, will go wrong and at the worst possible time” Especially when you are about to take off to the next level. So brace yourself, Its going to be a bumpy ride. Stop wasting your time praying for God to change the natural law of Life. Why did God not just forgive us without Jesus going through excruciating pain, why did Jesus have to die for the forgiveness of our sins? Its God now, why didn’t he just wave his hand and forgive all of us? He can do anything right? Or… maybe he liked to see his only son suffer. You think? There is a natural order of things, seed time and Harvest. You put in the efforts and you reap the fruit. No short cuts, Even for Jesus.

However, I have found that it is not planting and harvest that is most difficult. Well, Planting is also difficult, harvest is easy. Getting off your bot and moving out of your comfort zone to do something you really want to do is very difficult. But it isn’t the most difficult thing. The most difficult is what comes in between planting and harvesting, the waiting period. The time you have to cultivate. The time you have to stay in the fight. That time you begin to second guess yourself, the time when everything that can go wrong begins to go wrong. The time when it feels like God is just against you. The time you hate yourself for not anticipating the challenges you currently face, maybe you would have been more prepared. Maybe you would have just sat down on your bot Jejely. However, you are here now, you are already above average, you have started that degree, you have started the business, you are now married, you are now employed, you are now a job seeker, and it seems all hell is breaking loose. You are sad; this is not how you thought it will be. I have something to tell you, this is the time where destinies are made, this is the time brace yourself, this is the time to grow some shock absorbers.

A fact that professional fighters know too well, one of the good things we learn from kunfu movies which also applies in life is that: “it is not just how much punches you can throw but also how much punches you can take” Develop the thick skin for insults, develop tolerance for embarrassment and failures. There is a fixed number of failures possible for each person. The more you have failed, the fewer things you have on your list to fail at and the more likely you are to succeed. Play the law of probability. Do you want a new job, apply to a hundred places, if you do it well one must enter. You want a girlfriend, start looking and ask out as many as you can, like hundred or two hundred. You want a new baby, bros get busy, one must enter, person wey dey find pikin no dey sleep,………… in the room, in the parlor, under the staircase, kitchen, bathroom,, ….cast your seed upon many waters for you knoweth not which one shall prosper. lol again! Or is it one specific thing you want, one specific job, or spouse, or business, or …. Then keep casting your seed on the same water, making improvement every time. Eventually, you will get it. And whatever you do, get rid of negative people; hate them more than book haram. Anyone that draws life out of you, reminds you of your mistakes, tells you what you cannot do, always quick to point out things that reduce your self esteem. These kind of people should be cut off.

When you finally get to the top, when you keep taking all the punches and coming back for more, when you don’t take no for an answer, when you keep asking, striving, hustling and finally get to the top of that mountain. I assure you the view is spectacular.

PS: Who did I write all this for, I wrote it for me and you. I am going through things too. This is how I get the wise side of me to talk to the part that just reacts to circumstances. This is how I program myself. It works. This is how I talk to me. You should try it sometimes. I believe all you need to know, you already know. That’s what I find in my own life. We just have to bring ourselves to the awareness of these facts that we already know, they will change our life.
Re: Why You Must Never Give Up, Especially when you fail. by Prinzecharlez(m): 8:32pm On Jan 19, 2015
nice write-up,as I often say,
its no use giving up after Uve already been hurt,get reward for ur pain

(1) (Reply)

Run Shitta Brother Taju Is Coming / Oscar The Detective / Sleeping Stars: A Poem For The Living's Dead (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.