Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,060 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:27 AM

Top 10 Most Underrated Rappers. - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Top 10 Most Underrated Rappers. (9933 Views)

Top 5 Very Good But Very Underrated Rappers In Nigeria (My Opinion) / Top 15 Most Underrated Musicians In Nigeria / Top 5 Best Rappers In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Most Underrated Rappers. by Sauron1: 4:06pm On Apr 03, 2009
Bamsyle:

the same lyrics to Andre and Big Boi and letz see the outcome . . . grin grin grin

Don't under-estimate Andre n Big Boy.
Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik album in 1994 was an undeniable classic.
'Playa's Ball' must be in one of the top 20 rap songs of all time.
They lost their way when they went 100% commercial.
Re: Top 10 Most Underrated Rappers. by A40(m): 4:29pm On Apr 03, 2009
I don't know about Big Boi but when Andre decides not to be weird there are very few rappers out there that are better than him and truth is Outkast where one of the founding fathers of rap in the South
Re: Top 10 Most Underrated Rappers. by Sauron1: 4:34pm On Apr 03, 2009
A-40:

I don't know about Big Boi but when Andre decides not to be weird there are very few rappers out there that are better than him and truth is Outkast where one of the founding fathers of rap in the South

Both of em are dope!!!
Re: Top 10 Most Underrated Rappers. by A40(m): 4:41pm On Apr 03, 2009
~Sauron~:

Both of em are dope!!!
I know but Andre is better!!
Re: Top 10 Most Underrated Rappers. by Bamsyle(m): 4:51pm On Apr 03, 2009
~Sauron~:

Don't under-estimate Andre n Big Boy. . .They lost their way when they went 100% commercial.

Exactly the reason for my opinion . . .

They went pop with "Ms Jackson", "Hey Ya" and all the stuff that followed . . . from that moment, I couldn't think about them without remembering Black Eyed Peas . . . can you seriously compare their pop sound with Dr Dre's style

A-40:

I don't know about Big Boi but when Andre decides not to be weird there are very few rappers out there that are better than him

Seconded . . . but Dr Dre still outshines a serious-sounding Andre IMO.
Re: Top 10 Most Underrated Rappers. by Sauron1: 5:07pm On Apr 03, 2009
Bamsyle:

They went pop with "Ms Jackson", "Hey Ya" and all the stuff that followed . . . from that moment, I couldn't think about them without remembering Black Eyed Peas . . . can you seriously compare their pop sound with Dr Dre's style

I used to be a big fan of 'em. . . . . . .I got fed up of their shit after 'Aquemini' in the fall of 98.
They did their best to break the hold of Bad Boy records in the rap industry that year.
'ATLiens' album was also a big hit in the mid-90s when they had hit singles like 'Elevators', 'Jazze Belle', 'Wheelz of Steel' and the title track.
If u cut off their commercial shiznit, they are decent.

Dr Dre is better than em. Dre is a giant. . . . . . .'The Chronic' album gave the rap game mouth to mouth.
Re: Top 10 Most Underrated Rappers. by Ibime(m): 5:24pm On Apr 03, 2009
Bamsyle:

. . . give the same lyrics to Andre and Big Boi and letz see the outcome . . .  grin grin grin

Bamsyle:

This guy, you've lost my respect mehn. . . . .Andre would piss on any rapper that you rate. . . . infact, only a handful can touch Andre if he decides to flow. . . . nonsense!

Bamsyle:

but Dr Dre still outshines a serious-sounding Andre IMO.

You are a FOOL! cool
Re: Top 10 Most Underrated Rappers. by A40(m): 5:31pm On Apr 03, 2009
Bamsyle:

Seconded . . . but Dr Dre still outshines a serious-sounding Andre IMO.

I don't know if Dr Dre writes his raps but if he does then he definitely has to be one of the greatest MC's of all time i can categorically say i have not heard Dr Dre spit a weak verse.Go and listen to "Symphony in X Major" on Xzibit's Man vs Machine (one of my fave rap albums that was Xzibit at his fiercest) and see Dre cremate the Mic
Re: Top 10 Most Underrated Rappers. by Bamsyle(m): 7:28pm On Apr 03, 2009
~Sauron~:

I used to be a big fan of 'em. . . . . . .I got fed up of their shit after 'Aquemini' in the fall of 98.
They did their best to break the hold of Bad Boy records in the rap industry that year.
'ATLiens' album was also a big hit in the mid-90s when they had hit singles like 'Elevators', 'Jazze Belle', 'Wheelz of Steel' and the title track.
If u cut off their commercial shiznit, they are decent.
Dr Dre is better than em. Dre is a giant. . . . . . .'The Chronic' album gave the rap game mouth to mouth.

To my utmost shock, I'm agreeing to your opinion 100% . . . on NL . . .  grin

A-40:

I don't know if Dr Dre writes his raps but if he does then he definitely has to be one of the greatest MC's of all time i can categorically say i have not heard Dr Dre spit a weak verse.Go and listen to "Symphony in X Major" on Xzibit's Man vs Machine (one of my fave rap albums that was Xzibit at his fiercest) and see Dre cremate the Mic

Some are written for him, he single-handedly writes some whilst he co-writes others . . . his Chronic album employs writings from acts like Royce Da 5'9'', Jay-Z, Eminem, etc. It's even his voice/delivery that captivates me . . . give Dre any simple line(s) and watch him elevate them to your hearing . . . only a handful of cats like Biggie, Eminem, Jadakiss enjoy that privilege.

Ibime:

This guy, you've lost my respect mehn. . . . .Andre would piss on any rapper that you rate. . . . infact, only a handful can touch Andre if he decides to flow. . . . nonsense!
You are a FOOL! cool

Are you suffering from epilepsy

You stinko . . . your alcohol-sodden rabbles of recent have changed my initial impression of you . . . how can you compare Andre to Dr Dre . . . or you think the similarity in their names gives Andre that privilege

You know what? Throw away that local Port Harcourt brew you're drinking and sober up for once!

You mule grin grin
Re: Top 10 Most Underrated Rappers. by Ibime(m): 7:46pm On Apr 03, 2009
Bamsyle:

Some are written for him, he single-handedly writes some whilst he co-writes others . . . his Chronic album employs writings from acts like Royce Da 5'9'', Jay-Z, Eminem, etc. It's even his voice/delivery that captivates me . . . give Dre any simple line(s) and watch him elevate them to your hearing . . . only a handful of cats like Biggie, Eminem, Jadakiss enjoy that privilege.

Are you suffering from epilepsy

You stinko . . . your alcohol-sodden rabbles of recent have changed my initial impression of you . . . how can you compare Andre to Dr Dre . . . or you think the similarity in their names gives Andre that privilege

You know what? Throw away that local Port Harcourt brew you're drinking and sober up for once!

You mule grin grin

hehehehehehe. . . . . . you are a punk. . . . .how can you agree with Sauron that Dre is better than Em?. . . . . whatever you guys are smoking should be puff puff passed this way. . . . . .bloody imbeciles. . . . .you lack sagacity. . . . how can a fellow emcee rate Dre?. . . . .that goes against the no1 rule of emceeing. . . . write your own shit!!!. . . . biting ass punks. . . . .Dre has never written a goddamn verse in his life. . . . .from NWA days till date. . . . Ice Cube wrote everything for him then, Jay Z, Crroked I, Em, Royce Da 59 write everything for him now. . . . . you guys are breaking the G code. . . . . how can you compare a non-rapping nonentity like Dre to Andre 3000. . . . .we might as well resurrect Milly Vanilly, Jermaine Dupri, Kriss Kross and all those non-writing ass punks to come and compete for the throne. . . . bloody nincompoop! grin
Re: Top 10 Most Underrated Rappers. by Sauron1: 8:08pm On Apr 03, 2009
Ibime:

hehehehehehe. . . . . . you are a punk. . . . .how can you agree with Sauron that Dre is better than Em?. . . . . whatever you guys are smoking should be puff puff passed this way. . . . . .bloody imbeciles. . . . .you lack sagacity. . . . how can a fellow emcee rate Dre?. . . . .that goes against the no1 rule of emceeing. . . .

I have always suspected you started following rap post 96. . . . .
Are u high on cheap Bolivian weed?? When i say 'The Chronic album', i wasn't talking about the 2001 version.
I meant the 92/93 Classic album Dre wrote himself. He just fell out of NWA then and most of the songs were written and produced by him.
There was no blessing of Ice Cube or Easy E on that album, matter of fact(he murdered Easy E on the album).

The 2001 version attracted so many rap artistes because they all wanted to feature on Dre's record due to the success of his debut album.
Every Dre's album has now become Biggie/2pac tribute that many rappers want to bless to mark a statement.
Over 20 artistes will feature on his Detox album later in the year. That is what Dre is about.

Dr. Dre is immense as a beatmaker and a rapper.
The Chronic was one of the most influencial rap albums out there. Go and cop it again and listen carefully.
I can send a copy to your email if u have itunes. grin

write your own shit!!!. . . . biting ass punks. . . . .Dre has never written a goddamn verse in his life. . . . .from NWA days till date. . . . Ice Cube wrote everything for him then, Jay Z, Crroked I, Em, Royce Da 59 write everything for him now. . . . . you guys are breaking the G code. . . . . how can you compare a non-rapping nonentity like Dre to Andre 3000. . . . .we might as well resurrect Milly Vanilly, Jermaine Dupri, Kriss Kross and all those non-writing ass punks to come and compete for the throne. . . . bloody nincompoop!  grin

When Dr Dre was doing Deep Cover with Snoop Dogg, rats like Jay-Z, Royce Da 5'9 were still wearing soiled pampers.
How can u compare Dre to these midgets for Bleep's sake. How can u say Dre cannot rap??
Didn't he MURDER Ice Cube on 'Natural Born Killer' on Murder Was The Case soundtrack??
Ibime, i think you are disgrace to hiphop with your unadulterated piffle.
Re: Top 10 Most Underrated Rappers. by Bamsyle(m): 8:42pm On Apr 03, 2009
Ibime:

hehehehehehe. . . . . . you are a punk. . . . .how can you agree with Sauron that Dre is better than Em?. . . . . whatever you guys are smoking should be puff puff passed this way. . . . . .bloody imbeciles. . . . .you lack sagacity. . . . how can a fellow emcee rate Dre?. . . . .that goes against the no1 rule of emceeing. . . . write your own shit!!!. . . . biting ass punks. . . . .Dre has never written a goddamn verse in his life. . . . .from NWA days till date. . . . Ice Cube wrote everything for him then, Jay Z, Crroked I, Em, Royce Da 59 write everything for him now. . . . . you guys are breaking the G code. . . . . how can you compare a non-rapping nonentity like Dre to Andre 3000. . . . .we might as well resurrect Milly Vanilly, Jermaine Dupri, Kriss Kross and all those non-writing ass punks to come and compete for the throne. . . . bloody nincompoop! grin

Now I know you're a clumsy mangy dog . . .

Sauron said Dre is better than "em" . . . referring to Andre and Big Boi of Outkast . . . you must have been setting traps for rodents in your village when your mates were in school . . .  grin

You's gotta be off your tripods . . . how can you say Dre has never written a verse all his life . . . if you're ever privileged to meet him in your confounded life, he'll write your biography in 5 mins . . . in bars of multi and internal rhymes, wordplay, metas and multi-syllables . . . to summarize your star-less life . . .  grin

You must really think highly of yourself . . . you think the lines you put up on NL can ever make it to one of the local radio stations in Port Harcourt where you reside Local champion . . . don't let the lil' praise we give you on NL enter your pachydermous head . . .  grin

Dr Dre co-wrote a lot of his ish with various other artistes you ignorant diplodocus . . . you insult him by comparing him to Andre.

Your arguments are shallow . . . you Invertebrate . . .  grin grin
Re: Top 10 Most Underrated Rappers. by Ibime(m): 8:55pm On Apr 03, 2009
If you believe Dre wrote his verses on Chronic 1, you'll believe anything. Snoop, Ren and em wrote his verses. Which kain nonsense be this?

Dre murder Ice Cube? You must be joking!
Re: Top 10 Most Underrated Rappers. by Sauron1: 9:08pm On Apr 03, 2009
Bamsyle:

Now I know you're a clumsy mangy dog . . .
Sauron said Dre is better than "em" . . . referring to Andre and Big Boi of Outkast . . . you must have been setting traps for rodents in your village when your mates were in school . . . grin

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, Ibime thunk i said Dr Dre is better than Eminem?? grin grin grin grin grin grin
I meant Dr Dre is better than them(Andre n Big Boi) not EMINEM. Sorry if u misunderstand ma verbiage.

Ibime:

If you believe Dre wrote his verses on Chronic 1, you'll believe anything. Snoop, Ren and em wrote his verses. Which kain nonsense be this?

He did.
Dre fell out with the NWA crew because of a financial dispute and that was why he didn't feature any of em(NWA) in 'The Chronic'
The album was purely conceived by Dr. Dre(no outside help at all)
G-funk was Dre's idea.

Dre murder Ice Cube? You must be joking!

Go n listen to 'Natural Born Killer' again.
Re: Top 10 Most Underrated Rappers. by Ibime(m): 9:16pm On Apr 03, 2009
~Sauron~:

(1.) He did.
Dre fell out with the NWA crew because of a financial dispute and that was why he didn't feature any of em(NWA) in 'The Chronic'

(2.)G-funk was Dre's idea.

(1.) You are a class one idiot! So someone who had never written a verse for himself before suddenly woke up and atarted writing bangers? You must be the most gullible punk in the history of mankind.

(2.) Yeah, thats production-wise. Give him his daps as a producer but please keep him out the lyricist annals of fame.
Re: Top 10 Most Underrated Rappers. by Bamsyle(m): 9:20pm On Apr 03, 2009
~Sauron~:

G-funk was Dre's idea.

Please resound this again and again so Ibime can hear . . . I'm sure he thinks G-funk was Warren-G/Snoop's creation . . . Dre's Chronic album introduced G-funk . . . he shoulda patented the idea . . .  grin  Dre is a giant . . . I'm happy we're discussing him under this topic cos eels like Ibime be underrating him angry
Re: Top 10 Most Underrated Rappers. by Sauron1: 9:38pm On Apr 03, 2009
Ibime:

(1.) You are a class one idiot! So someone who had never written a verse for himself before suddenly woke up and atarted writing bangers? You must be the most gullible punk in the history of mankind.

See the last gasps of a suffocating man. . . . . .Ibime, give up and go to bed already. grin grin grin grin
Dr. Dre wrote his lyrics himself. . . . . .Of course, the lyrics weren't anything dope compared to 2Pac/Biggie and the rappers that came on board later but his work in 92/93 gave Rap Music mouth to mouth resuscitation.
He broke a massive barrier. . . .Without him, cats like Biggie, Jay-Z and Nas would either be serving LIFE in Prison now or shot dead slanging 'caine.

(2.) Yeah, thats production-wise. Give him his daps as a producer but please keep him out the lyricist annals of fame.

Ibime, go and read the review on 'The Chronic' album.
Re: Top 10 Most Underrated Rappers. by A40(m): 1:12am On Apr 04, 2009
What's all the ruckus about?
Re: Top 10 Most Underrated Rappers. by shotster50(m): 2:12am On Apr 04, 2009
As an MC Dre is dope (Prolly cus he has all the time in the world to perfect his music) but Ice Cube murders all the other NWA cats, Its that simple.
Re: Top 10 Most Underrated Rappers. by Noah69: 2:35am On Apr 04, 2009
International Scene
Pharaoh Monche
Black Thought
Cannibus
Freeway (when he gets himself)
Rah Digga (eeevil chick from the FlipMode Squad)
Rakim (it's only this generation that doesn't recognize)
Mike Shinoda (from Fort Minor/Linkin Park)

Local scene
Pheroshuz

Exceptions
Abeg, make nobody mention Mode9 for this list again, How is he underrated?
Somebody mention Jigga, if them rate Jigga higher than this, na to start temple dey worship am.
Then all this Young Buck & Co, underrated [/i]is different from [i]underachieving and undertalented. Please, Young Buck no be rapper. Na clown. Full stop.
Re: Top 10 Most Underrated Rappers. by shotster50(m): 12:02am On Apr 05, 2009
Noah tell 'em.
Re: Top 10 Most Underrated Rappers. by Phillfree(m): 12:46pm On Apr 05, 2009
NOAH, u wht u r talkin abt, the moment i saw freeway and Rakim on ur list i knew u knw wht time it is. You knw wht's music and 've bn followin it up right frm day one, keep it up man.
Re: Top 10 Most Underrated Rappers. by kgdawg: 8:14pm On May 29, 2009
Heres the most underrated in my opinion in no particular order

Freeway---Freezah, one of my fav rappers, easily the best philly rapper
Ma$e---His career was so short(not including his comeback), and he was over shadowed by other artists on his label (P.Diddy, Biggie)
Redman---Now he is consistant, you know what reds gonna bring any day of the week
Lloyd Banks---forgotten about, has put out other good songs then "We On Fire"
M.O.P.---They keep it real, they are no where near mainstream and never will be, but they keep it street and thats what they do
Inspectah Deck---Deck is one of the rawest members of wu, hes got AMAZING lyrics, AMAZING flow, he has put together some of the best verses in Wu history, very overlook
Jay Rock---Got a similar voice and rapping style as The Game, goes hard on mixtapes
Chali 2na (from Jurassic 5)---great lyricyst, good flow, deep smooth voice
Re: Top 10 Most Underrated Rappers. by grcullison: 12:47am On Jan 21, 2013
Ridge long. He will make it big soon..
Check him Out on YouTube and sound cloud.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6J9spxuMcg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sinach / VIDEO: Olamide – Ilefo Illuminati [download To Mobile] / Lyrics Vs Rhythm: Which Is More Important?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.