Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,865 members, 7,817,562 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:25 PM

Expect Made-in-nigeria TECNO Phones This Year - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Expect Made-in-nigeria TECNO Phones This Year (1249 Views)

What Are Your Top 3 Dream Phones This Year? / Reply To "Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again": My Opinion. / Why I Will Never Use Tecno Phones Again (good Reason) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Expect Made-in-nigeria TECNO Phones This Year by ige101(m): 1:38pm On Jan 19, 2015
TECNO Mobile’s Deputy General Manager, Nigeria, Mr. Chidi Okonkwo, has been quoted in an interview with the Vanguard as saying that the company’s phone manufacturing plant in Nigeria will likely be ready and devices begin to be manufactured before the end of the year.

Here are excerpts from the interview:

We are building both manufacturing and assembling plant. By the time we complete the first phase we should be able to start manufacturing and assembling TECNO phones in Nigeria. Don’t forget that we are still at the pre-investment stage right now and we are collating all sorts of information to help us accomplish this.

We have been working on this since last year. We have already secured the land and have started preparing the site at Epe in Lagos here where it is located and we have to go through to get the necessary approvals. We are making sure that we get everything ready to make sure that this project comes to fruition.

It is expected that once the first phase of the plant is completed in the third or fourth quarter, we will have the first batch of made in Nigeria TECNO phones.

1 Like

Re: Expect Made-in-nigeria TECNO Phones This Year by SeverusSnape(m): 1:42pm On Jan 19, 2015
That would be great.
Re: Expect Made-in-nigeria TECNO Phones This Year by kelvine(m): 1:44pm On Jan 19, 2015
Cars now being assembled in Nigeria,now phone factories loading. More companies to follow soonest. Good development- GEJ till 2019 don't ask me why you already know.
Re: Expect Made-in-nigeria TECNO Phones This Year by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jan 19, 2015
Okay, not bad... we will get there..
Re: Expect Made-in-nigeria TECNO Phones This Year by davdandam(m): 2:25pm On Jan 19, 2015
shocked hmmmmmm
Re: Expect Made-in-nigeria TECNO Phones This Year by HzRF(m): 7:23pm On Jan 19, 2015
Nice 1 thanks to God that made our govt to be industrialization friendly
Re: Expect Made-in-nigeria TECNO Phones This Year by deor03(m): 9:29pm On Jan 19, 2015
As soon as that starts , government should put protectionist tax on imported phone brands
Re: Expect Made-in-nigeria TECNO Phones This Year by Nobody: 10:09pm On May 19, 2019
Exquisite work you have here.
Re: Expect Made-in-nigeria TECNO Phones This Year by abdeiz(m): 4:50am On May 20, 2019
My only question is why?

(1) (Reply)

How To Recover Contacts From Samsung Galaxy S4/s5/note/ace / Did Anybody Else Get This Msg From Glo / My Phone Is Charging Negatively.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.