Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,944 members, 7,952,805 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:35 AM

Are U Guilty Of This? Neglecting Beggers Whenever U Have Nothing To Offer Them. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are U Guilty Of This? Neglecting Beggers Whenever U Have Nothing To Offer Them. (435 Views)

What Really Constitute a Myth. I See All Religion Guilty Of Its Features. / Nigerian Christians Are Neglecting The Powerful Gifts Of The Holy Spirit / Can A Christian Be Justify & Still Be Guilty As Charged? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are U Guilty Of This? Neglecting Beggers Whenever U Have Nothing To Offer Them. by Yehman(m): 9:36pm On Jan 20, 2015
As a christian, I try my possible best when it comes to giving alms to the less privileged. But, whenever I ve nothing with me, I do change my direction on getting closer to beggers; some other times I walk faster. One decent Saturday morning, as I walked-by a crippled man at Cele bus stop, behold the crippled man slide closer to me and said "Bros, I am greeting you, good morning". This actually sent a cold shiver down my spine. I was forced to pause for a while . Cordially, i exchanged greetings with him. After the little interraction, I think he felt better even though I had nothing to give him. I know so many of us are guilty of this too. Pls, let's change our mind-set.
Re: Are U Guilty Of This? Neglecting Beggers Whenever U Have Nothing To Offer Them. by xcolanto(m): 9:52pm On Jan 20, 2015
It's better to respond to them with a smile or a wave than outrightly ignoring them even if one has nothing to offer. Putting a smile on someone's face is worth more than silver or gold.

1 Like

Re: Are U Guilty Of This? Neglecting Beggers Whenever U Have Nothing To Offer Them. by mmsen: 10:04pm On Jan 20, 2015
I think you mean 'alms' and not 'arms'.
Re: Are U Guilty Of This? Neglecting Beggers Whenever U Have Nothing To Offer Them. by Yehman(m): 10:07pm On Jan 20, 2015
mmsen:
I think you mean 'alms' and not 'arms'.
Thanks!
Re: Are U Guilty Of This? Neglecting Beggers Whenever U Have Nothing To Offer Them. by Nobody: 10:40pm On Jan 20, 2015
I greet them, anywhere I see them...

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Can Moderation Intake Of Alcohol Take Me To Hell? / Spiritual Digest For The Day 27th Of January 2015 / Hnm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.