Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,449 members, 7,770,101 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 03:18 AM

Help Me Choose Between Honda Accord 2005 (DC) And Toyotal Camry 2008 (muscle) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help Me Choose Between Honda Accord 2005 (DC) And Toyotal Camry 2008 (muscle) (8200 Views)

Help Me Choose Between 2008 Toyota Camry And 2008 BMW 523i / Between Honda Accord 2009 And Corrola 2010 / 2005 Toyotal Corolla Brain Box Stolen I Need The Right Code For Replacement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Me Choose Between Honda Accord 2005 (DC) And Toyotal Camry 2008 (muscle) by desperatem(m): 11:17pm On Jan 20, 2015
I am so confused right now. Please car gurus in the building, especially those who have driven those 2 cars i mentioned, Please help me choose between both. I love both cars equally, I am currently using Toyota Camry 2002 (Envelope Light) and its not giving me any problem. I just want to upgrade my car. My friends are saying Honda Accord have front wheel problem (Hand tearing or so) and i have seen it a couple of times too. that is why i am scared of going for Honda Accord, But I love Honda cars. Your contributions would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance
Re: Help Me Choose Between Honda Accord 2005 (DC) And Toyotal Camry 2008 (muscle) by Laird(m): 2:20pm On Jan 21, 2015
MY ADVICE IS THE CAMRY
Re: Help Me Choose Between Honda Accord 2005 (DC) And Toyotal Camry 2008 (muscle) by Hotestspot: 3:55pm On Jan 21, 2015
1. Envelope light is 2000/2001 model. No 2002 for envelope.
2. No 2005 for discussion continues. 2005 is newest model for EOD. DC is 06/07 model
2. U can't compare a 2008 camry with 2005 accord or DC. The 2008 camry is far ahead.

4 Likes

Re: Help Me Choose Between Honda Accord 2005 (DC) And Toyotal Camry 2008 (muscle) by Coldplay007(f): 3:57pm On Jan 21, 2015
Hotestspot:
2. U can't compare a 2008 camry with 2005 accord. The 2008 camry is far ahead.

Some envelope are 2002... big daddy started late 02 and is actually refered to as 03-06 model...

OP, it's an insult to the 08 camry.. you shouldn't compare both cars
Re: Help Me Choose Between Honda Accord 2005 (DC) And Toyotal Camry 2008 (muscle) by Hotestspot: 4:07pm On Jan 21, 2015
Coldplay007:

Some envelope are 2002... big daddy started late 02 and is actually refered to as 03-06 model...

OP, it's an insult to the 08 camry.. you shouldn't compare both cars

Those 2002 date of manufacture Envelope light you see around are still referred to as 2001 model. First big daddy is 2002 model.You are referring to date of manufacture. It doesn't always work like that in the auto world. The best way to confirm the VIN if u aren't sure is from the VIN. Cheers
Re: Help Me Choose Between Honda Accord 2005 (DC) And Toyotal Camry 2008 (muscle) by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jan 21, 2015
lol just hearing Envelop light for the First time, i thought it was Drop Light before.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help Me Choose Between Honda Accord 2005 (DC) And Toyotal Camry 2008 (muscle) by Coldplay007(f): 4:38pm On Jan 21, 2015
Hotestspot:

Those 2002 date of manufacture Envelope light you see around are still referred to as 2001 model. First big daddy is 2002 model.You are referring to date of manufacture. It doesn't always work like that in the auto world. The best way to confirm the VIN if u aren't sure is from the VIN. Cheers
So you agree they are manufactured in 2002... that's all....
Cheers grin
Re: Help Me Choose Between Honda Accord 2005 (DC) And Toyotal Camry 2008 (muscle) by lonelydora: 5:33pm On Jan 21, 2015
Which one come be Envelope light? Well, you can't 2008 camry with 2005 accord. I give it to camry here.

But be ready to always change your shock absorber.
Re: Help Me Choose Between Honda Accord 2005 (DC) And Toyotal Camry 2008 (muscle) by Coldplay007(f): 6:20pm On Jan 21, 2015
lonelydora:
Which one come be Envelope light? Well, you can't 2008 camry with 2005 accord. I give it to camry here.

But be ready to always change your shock absorber.

Shock absorber bawo? Camry big daddy and muscle have no shocks issue... its only the older ones that might have the issue...
Re: Help Me Choose Between Honda Accord 2005 (DC) And Toyotal Camry 2008 (muscle) by desperatem(m): 8:31pm On Jan 21, 2015
Thank you all for the advice. My car dealers says i should go for EOD (2004) (base on the money I am offering), leather seat, full option and the car is very clean. But my only fear now is that the car is V6. and people says V6 car is not good, they said the engine is too heavy to be in a car, they said it consumes more fuel. but the dealer said the V6 is 15 pins not 26 pin or so. i am so confused right now. Please advice me, what do i do? Should i go for the EOD which is tokunbo at 1.350M or should i go for muslce registered 1.6M. Thank you all
Re: Help Me Choose Between Honda Accord 2005 (DC) And Toyotal Camry 2008 (muscle) by chucky234(m): 5:46pm On Jan 22, 2015
desperatem:
Thank you all for the advice. My car dealers says i should go for EOD (2004) (base on the money I am offering), leather seat, full option and the car is very clean. But my only fear now is that the car is V6. and people says V6 car is not good, they said the engine is too heavy to be in a car, they said it consumes more fuel. but the dealer said the V6 is 15 pins not 26 pin or so. i am so confused right now. Please advice me, what do i do? Should i go for the EOD which is tokunbo at 1.350M or should i go for muslce registered 1.6M. Thank you all
With N1.6m you can get a clean faultless 2009 registered Honda Accord popularly known as Evil Spirit, if you want a toks then get the EOD but never buy that plastic soulless Camry called muscle.
Whoever told you that V6 is bad knows nothing about keke NAPEP let alone cars, pls stay far away from him and never you take advice from him when your car is concerned.

1 Like

Re: Help Me Choose Between Honda Accord 2005 (DC) And Toyotal Camry 2008 (muscle) by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jan 22, 2015
chucky234:
With N1.6m you can get a clean faultless 2009 registered Honda Accord popularly known as Evil Spirit, if you want a toks then get the EOD but never buy that plastic soulless Camry called muscle.
Whoever told you that V6 is bad knows nothing about keke NAPEP let alone cars, pls stay far away from him and never you take advice from him when your car is concerned.

Same "plastic soulless Camry" V6 is faster than the V6 accord and has a good NHSTA score. So your point is? undecided

"The XV40 was redesigned to incorporate a 55-millimeter (2 in) longer wheelbase, wider wheel tracks, and a stiffer body."

Wikipedia.com

"Toyota improved the Camry's safety by
increasing the XV40's structural rigidity. This
has been achieved through the application of
ultra high- tensile steel, which is hot-stamped to
the Camry's roof, A- and B-pillars, and rocker
panels. The structure of the front seats mounts
have been designed to transfer side collision
impact loads across the car.
The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
awarded the Camry sedan an overall rating of
"good" in both frontal offset and side impact
crash tests. Both tests also receive the "good"
rating in all 14 measured categories, and
is also rated "good" in the roof strength test with
a 5.31 strength-to-weight ratio withstanding a
peak force of 7,978 kilograms (17,588 lb). The
National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
(NHTSA) originally rated the XV40 the full five-star
rating for the frontal driver, frontal passenger,
side driver, and side rear passenger tests, and a
four-star rating for the rollover test.
However, under the new NHTSA testing
methodology introduced in 2010, the 2011
model year XV40 was downgraded to a three-star
rating. This overall vehicle score was broken
down into the frontal barrier crash rating of four-stars for the driver (male), and two-stars for the front passenger (female), giving an overall front-impact protection rating of three-stars. A side barrier rating of five-stars for the driver (male), and two-stars for the front passenger (female), gave for an overall side-impact protection rating of three-stars. The third testing component, the rollover rating, resulted in a grading of four-stars.
Subsequently, the NHTSA tested a later
release of the 2011 model year Camry with
enhanced safety. This resulted in an increase to
the side barrier rating from two- to four-stars for
the front female passenger, thus increasing the
Camry's overall score to four-stars.
Testing conducted by the Australasian New Car
Assessment Program (ANCAP) resulted in the
Camry XV40 receiving a four-star safety rating or
a score of 27.53 out of 37. Dual frontal airbags
were fitted to the model tested. ANCAP later
tested the hybrid variant fitted with additional
side and curtain airbags. The hybrid also scored
four-stars, although did achieve a higher 28.22-
point grading. Prompted by the five-star
ANCAP safety rating mandate for all passenger
cars purchased by the Australian federal
government from July 1, 2011, Toyota Australia
revised the XV40 specification including the
fitment of a front passenger seatbelt reminder.
This resulted in an upgraded five-star result for
Australian models produced from May 2011.
While the regular version scored 33.13 points,
the hybrid rated marginally better at 33.22 out of 37. The offset crash yielded 14.29 out of 16, with 14.84 out of 16 for the side impact crash test. An additional two points came from completing the pole test, while the seatbelt reminders yielded the qualifying two points required for the five-star result. The hybrid fared identically except in the offset crash test where it gained 0.08 points then picking up 0.01 in the side impact crash.
Both cars also scored a "marginal" pedestrian
protection rating at 14.5 out of 36. The 2010
edition of Monash University's Used Car Safety
Ratings, found that the XV40 provides an
"excellent" (five out of five stars) level of
occupant safety protection in the event of an
accident."

@ OP, go get what so ever tickles your fantasy.
Do this and thank me later. smiley

1 Like

Re: Help Me Choose Between Honda Accord 2005 (DC) And Toyotal Camry 2008 (muscle) by chucky234(m): 11:58pm On Jan 22, 2015
lomomike:

Same "plastic soulless Camry" V6 is faster than the V6 accord and has a good NHSTA score. So your point is? undecided

Wikipedia.com

@ OP, go get what so ever tickles your fantasy.
Do this and thank me later. smiley
wikipedia? Copy and paste thingz, you didn't bother to read through to see that Camry XV40 was downgraded under the new NHSTA testing introduced in 2010/2011 with Camry recording 3 star in barrier testing and 2 star for passenger.
Read this thoroughly: www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2013/08/was-the-2012-camry-a-stealth-failure/
Don't forget to read all the comments after the article.
Re: Help Me Choose Between Honda Accord 2005 (DC) And Toyotal Camry 2008 (muscle) by chucky234(m): 6:57am On Jan 23, 2015
Hotestspot:
2. No 2005 for discussion continues. 2005 is newest model for EOD. DC is 06/07 model
2. U can't compare a 2008 camry with 2005 accord or DC. The 2008 camry is far ahead.
And who says the 2008 Camry is far ahead of the 2005 EOD or even 2007 DC, in size yes (Muscle is big and shapeless) but not performance and design.
Please take your time to read this, American fees Camry is a car for nobody : www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2013/08/was-the-2012-camry-a-stealth-failure/
Re: Help Me Choose Between Honda Accord 2005 (DC) And Toyotal Camry 2008 (muscle) by Nobody: 8:22am On Jan 23, 2015
chucky234:
And who says the 2008 Camry is far ahead of the 2005 EOD or even 2007 DC, in size yes (Muscle is big and shapeless) but not performance and design.
Please take your time to read this, American fees Camry is a car for nobody : www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2013/08/was-the-2012-camry-a-stealth-failure/

We know you like and idolize a Honda, that's not bad.
You did well to shoot yourself in the leg with that link you posted. Here are execerpts from replies in the link which I'm sure you never bothered to go thru.

Re: Help Me Choose Between Honda Accord 2005 (DC) And Toyotal Camry 2008 (muscle) by Nobody: 8:25am On Jan 23, 2015
chucky234:

More

Re: Help Me Choose Between Honda Accord 2005 (DC) And Toyotal Camry 2008 (muscle) by Nobody: 8:30am On Jan 23, 2015

Re: Help Me Choose Between Honda Accord 2005 (DC) And Toyotal Camry 2008 (muscle) by chucky234(m): 8:36am On Jan 23, 2015
lomomike:

We know you like and idolize a Honda, that's not bad.
You did well to shoot yourself in the leg with that link you posted. Here are execerpts from replies in the link which I'm sure you never bothered to go thru.
You picked out the replies that favours the Camry, hmm nice one, but can you paste the full article here as well for all to see.
By the way I don't idolize Honda because I'm not brand person, I just hate it when people over hype Toyota cars especially the Camry.
Re: Help Me Choose Between Honda Accord 2005 (DC) And Toyotal Camry 2008 (muscle) by desperatem(m): 10:53am On Feb 03, 2015
Thank you all for your contributions. I would have bought one Honda Accord 2007 from the dealer last week, but the man was scared to send me the vehicle VIN, He was just sending me pictures of the car and keep promising me that the car is accident free. But i told him I can't make payment until i check the vehicle history. That was what spoil that business. The guy is currently searching for another good ride for me though, I am searching for both Honda Accord and the Camry 2008-2010. I will go for any clean one with a good history. Thank you all once again. Much Love
Re: Help Me Choose Between Honda Accord 2005 (DC) And Toyotal Camry 2008 (muscle) by bravolad(m): 11:41am On Feb 03, 2015
chucky234:
You picked out the replies that favours the Camry, hmm nice one, but can you paste the full article here as well for all to see.
By the way I don't idolize Honda because I'm not brand person, I just hate it when people over hype Toyota cars especially the Camry.

Reading through your comments & arguments, they don't add up. You have a personal bias for Honda and that always leave your argument rather too narrow. Each brand has its strong points as well as areas of weakness. When considering a car to buy in Nigeria, buyers are more concerned about maintenance in the long run. I have used both Toyota & Honda cars at different times, and therefore, can make certain conclusions. Often times I see you argue with people, I struggle to comprehend your points. Learn to be articulate in your analyses and argument rather than just argue to win. Be guarded by reasons and logic not sentiment.

It's common knowledge that Toyota is much more rugged for long time users in this part of the world the its immediate nearest competitor (Honda). In comparison to their ability to guarantee satisfaction for its users in performance, it's subject to debate based on driving pattern, driver's will to push the gas pedal etc. Whereas I could manage my worn out ball joints, stabiliser linkage, suspensions etc. in my Toyota vehicle, pending when I get money to replace them, you can not do the same with a Honda vehicle. In addition, Toyota commands a better resale value in Nigeria than Honda. This is often the crux of people's preference for Toyota.

In terms of aesthetics, design and performance, both vehicles are essentially the same but the Toyota has an edge over the Honda when durability is considered.

Now, in all honesty, eliminating sentiments and narrow mindedness, it's a sacrilege to compare a 2005 EOD to a 2008 Camry. It makes no sense and could only lead to an absolute blind alley to make such comparison. Both cars are no rivalries and would never be seen as such.

@Op, it's your choice to pick any car of your taste, budget and class. Do not let people decide for you what choice you make. If you like the Honda, by all means, read about it and buy it. But if the Camry tickles your fancy, by the same token, read users reviews and decide. You can't compare a 2005 car to a 2008 one. They are separated by time, distance and space. Good luck in your choice.

1 Like

Re: Help Me Choose Between Honda Accord 2005 (DC) And Toyotal Camry 2008 (muscle) by Nobody: 12:03pm On Feb 03, 2015
Abeg make una stop the bickering....

Can these 2models stand beside my benz 05 C240?

Nah dont think so tongue

1 Like

Re: Help Me Choose Between Honda Accord 2005 (DC) And Toyotal Camry 2008 (muscle) by nurey(m): 12:18pm On Feb 03, 2015
drlawizle:
Abeg make una stop the bickering....

Can these 2models stand beside my benz 05 C240?

Nah dont think so tongue
Nope they can't, because you benz would have oxidized before the toyota or honda start rusting. grin

3 Likes

Re: Help Me Choose Between Honda Accord 2005 (DC) And Toyotal Camry 2008 (muscle) by chucky234(m): 1:05pm On Feb 03, 2015
bravolad:

Reading through your comments & arguments, they don't add up. You have a personal bias for Honda and that always leave your argument rather too narrow. Each brand has its strong points as well as areas of weakness. When considering a car to buy in Nigeria, buyers are more concerned about maintenance in the long run. I have used both Toyota & Honda cars at different times, and therefore, can make certain conclusions. Often times I see you argue with people, I struggle to comprehend your points. Learn to be articulate in your analyses and argument rather than just argue to win. Be guarded by reasons and logic not sentiment.

It's common knowledge that Toyota is much more rugged for long time users in this part of the world the its immediate nearest competitor (Honda). In comparison to their ability to guarantee satisfaction for its users in performance, it's subject to debate based on driving pattern, driver's will to push the gas pedal etc. Whereas I could manage my worn out ball joints, stabiliser linkage, suspensions etc. in my Toyota vehicle, pending when I get money to replace them, you can not do the same with a Honda vehicle. In addition, Toyota commands a better resale value in Nigeria than Honda. This is often the crux of people's preference for Toyota.

In terms of aesthetics, design and performance, both vehicles are essentially the same but the Toyota has an edge over the Honda when durability is considered.

Now, in all honesty, eliminating sentiments and narrow mindedness, it's a sacrilege to compare a 2005 EOD to a 2008 Camry. It makes no sense and could only lead to an absolute blind alley to make such comparison. Both cars are no rivalries and would never be seen as such.

@Op, it's your choice to pick any car of your taste, budget and class. Do not let people decide for you what choice you make. If you like the Honda, by all means, read about it and buy it. But if the Camry tickles your fancy, by the same token, read users reviews and decide. You can't compare a 2005 car to a 2008 one. They are separated by time, distance and space. Good luck in your choice.
Firstly, I don't argue based on sentiment as I'm not attached to any brand, rather I'm attracted to good cars.
Secondly, can you please explain what you mean by Toyota cars been more rugged than Honda cars in this part of the world because I don't seem to grasp what "rugged" stands for here.
The last time I checked people still drives Honda hala with pride while you hardly see its Camry counterpart anywhere on Nigerian roads.
The fact that demand for Tinylight/droplight makes it re-sell at better price than the Honda babyboy doesn't in anyway makes the 1997 - 01 Camry better car than the 1998 - 02 Accord, the fact that Accord has always been a better car than the Camry is an open secret.
In terms of aesthetics, design and performance Honda is way ahead of Toyota, only a layman will compare Toyota to Honda in this aspect.
Honda offers better designs, smooth drive, luxury and comfort than Toyota, except you want me to believe that the Orobo and Tinylight got more beautiful exterior & interior designs than Bulldog and Babyboy or Big Daddy better than EOD/DC, I don't even want to perch the bland Muscle against Evil Spirit.
You prolly never drive or ride in a Muscle that's why it never occur to you that the interior were made with cheap materials especially the dash area, the design like any other Toyota is as boring as hell.
By the way I don't need to display the writing skill of Wole Soyinka or the automobile analyzing skill of Siena to make my points, being simple doesn't in anyway make me narrow minded as you dumbly implies.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help Me Choose Between Honda Accord 2005 (DC) And Toyotal Camry 2008 (muscle) by nurey(m): 1:31pm On Feb 03, 2015
I have not driven a muscle before but the interior of a 2006 DC made for naija with white signalling light 4 cylinder to 4 cylinder, fabric is better than muscle infact the leather like finish of the Accord is better than the leather like finish of the LE muscle and guess what the muscle interior is 4king plastic-ky I have been in both cars, the dash control of the muscle is not encouraging suppose to be simple yet very cumbersome to work with. But the muscle is more spacious than the Accord and will take abuse more, I have seen multiple muscle with check engine light on for more than two years and still going strong. Until I drive the muscle I will stop here.
Re: Help Me Choose Between Honda Accord 2005 (DC) And Toyotal Camry 2008 (muscle) by Nobody: 2:05pm On Feb 03, 2015
nurey:

Nope they can't, because you benz would have oxidized before the toyota or honda start rusting. grin

D hell you mean by oxidize?

1 Like

Re: Help Me Choose Between Honda Accord 2005 (DC) And Toyotal Camry 2008 (muscle) by chucky234(m): 6:25pm On Feb 03, 2015
nurey:

Badt guy
Re: Help Me Choose Between Honda Accord 2005 (DC) And Toyotal Camry 2008 (muscle) by nurey(m): 7:42pm On Feb 03, 2015
drlawizle:

D hell you mean by oxidize?

Before the toyota or honda start showing signs of rust, your benz would have reacted with oxygen in the atmosphere and start decomposing into rust then subsequently a rusted metallic dust and what will be left is fermented pomo that was used to make the leather interior GET IT grin

2 Likes

Re: Help Me Choose Between Honda Accord 2005 (DC) And Toyotal Camry 2008 (muscle) by Nobody: 7:56pm On Feb 03, 2015
nurey:

Before the toyota or honda start showing signs of rust, your benz would have reacted with oxygen in the atmosphere and start decomposing into rust then subsequently a rusted metallic dust and what will be left is fermented pomo that was used to make the leather interior GET IT grin

Lol...a typical Nigerian...have you ever heard about "german machines"?
Re: Help Me Choose Between Honda Accord 2005 (DC) And Toyotal Camry 2008 (muscle) by nurey(m): 8:41pm On Feb 03, 2015
drlawizle:

Nope I haven't, why do you ask? And also enlighten us on your so called "german machines"
Re: Help Me Choose Between Honda Accord 2005 (DC) And Toyotal Camry 2008 (muscle) by inze(m): 9:26pm On Feb 03, 2015
nurey:

Like seriously, this got me cracking shocked

1 Like

Re: Help Me Choose Between Honda Accord 2005 (DC) And Toyotal Camry 2008 (muscle) by chucky234(m): 9:44am On Feb 04, 2015
drlawizle:

Machines as in grinding machines?

1 Like

Re: Help Me Choose Between Honda Accord 2005 (DC) And Toyotal Camry 2008 (muscle) by abatically(m): 11:30am On Feb 04, 2015
bravolad:

To chucky every Honda is better than any Toyota no matter the model, so arguing with him is pointless. I'm also a Honda fan. When comparing from 1999-2006 model the acord triumphs, but comparing a 2007 Honda DC to 2007-2011 camry is just going too far.

(1) (2) (Reply)

NAICOM Increases Third Party Motor Insurance By 200% To ₦‎15,000 / Third Party Auto Insurance In Nigeria / Understand Your Brake System

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.