Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,621 members, 7,813,049 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:43 AM

Why No Employer Will Invite You For Interviews - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Why No Employer Will Invite You For Interviews (561 Views)

List Of Things You Are Entitled To By Law From Your Employer / My Employer Is Threatening To Sack Me Because I Am Pregnant / Why No Employer Will Invite You For Interviews (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why No Employer Will Invite You For Interviews by Tundegoldspage(m): 8:49am On Jan 21, 2015
I've heard lots of job seekers complain about employers not inviting them for interviews & I find that rather funny. Some even go as far as being precise, giving out number of applications put out in comparison to the number of interview invites they have received.

The fact that Nigeria is saddled with the burden of unemployment despite it's imploding population does not mean you cannot get yourself a job if truly you're doing it the right way. Now imagine a graduate who applied for different jobs all through a whole year with just a single CV. Awkward, isn't it? Or imagine a job seeker seeking for different job positions with a common CV. Ridiculous, I must say.

It's only a fool that expects different results while maintaining same input. Applying for jobs all through a year and not getting at least one invite clearly shows there is a problem somewhere, most times, the CV is the problem.

Now, take your time to read throught the list of tips on how to prepare a good CV and you may also find tons of possible reasons you don't get interview invites:

A CV is the most flexible and convenient way to make applications. It conveys your personal details in the way that presents you in the best possible light. A CV is a marketing document in which you are marketing something: yourself! You need to "sell" your skills, abilities, qualifications and experience to employers. It can be used to make multiple applications to employers in a specific career area. For this reason, many large graduate recruiters will not accept CVs and instead use their own application form.

What information should a CV include? What are the most important aspects of CV that you look for?
One survey of employers found that the following aspects were most looked for
45% Previous related work experience
35% Qualifications & skills
25% Easy to read
16% Accomplishments
14% Spelling & grammar
9% Education (these were not just graduate recruiters or this score would be much higher!)
9% Intangibles: individuality/desire to succeed
3% Clear objective
2% Keywords added
1% Contact information
1% Personal experiences
1% Computer skills
For details, click here: http://www.tundegold.com/2015/01/why-no-employer-will-invite-you-for.html#links

(1) (Reply)

Oil ans Gas Basic Salary Between N150 to N250k / U Nee A Loan Without Collateral?read Dis / Outstanding Cctv/solar And Inverter Training In Port Harcourt.... Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.