Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,173 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:49 AM

System_call_project - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / System_call_project (633 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

System_call_project by d3mn8: 5:56pm On Jan 21, 2015
This program performs some kind of auditing which leaves audit trial in the /tmp directory. It basically hijacks a system call table in Linux. I got interested in this project after Julie Evans talk at strange loop titled " You can be a kernel Hacker." We will use the open system call to manipulate the musics on our /home/Music so that when a music is opened, a particular music gets opened. Read more from his blog: http://jvns.ca/blog/2014/09/18/you-can-be-a-kernel-hacker/

At each progress, We will be sharing the source codes so that other developers can contribute by correcting any potential bug discovered and help ser this project to completion. It should be fun. You know Hacking isn't until you do something bad, Its all about doing using your knowledge to solve problems. Lets hack with C and see how long it would take to complete this project.

I'll be using Nairaland, Facebook and the programming section on tutorialslodge and any other forum I can think of.

You dont really need to be a C wizard to contribute. All you need is a PC that runs some kind of Linux, C compiler installed and passion for exploring. Lets have fun.
Re: System_call_project by d3mn8: 4:30pm On Jan 22, 2015
Here is a follow up on the project to give contributors a head on. I just started writing the get option function.

//This program is open to all who is interested in contributing. The source code can be distributed as long as you dont take credit for it. Be sure to copy, add your code and paste an updated copy of this source code so that potential bugs can be discovered and corrected.

/*I included the header file to parse command-lineoptions*/

/*Standard Input and Output header are also included for interaction*/

#include <getopt.h>

#include <stdio.h>

#include <stdlib.h>

const char* program_name; // change the program name to suite you

/* Prints usage information for this program to STREAM (typically

stdout or stderr), and exit the program with EXIT_CODE. Does not

return. */

void print_usage (FILE* stream, int exit_code)

{

/*%s shows the data type as string */

fprintf (stream, "Usage: %s options [inputfile ...]\n", program_name);

fprintf (stream,

" -r --rickroll Run Julie Evan's rickroll program.\n"

" -h --help Display this usage information.\n"

" -v --verbose Print verbose messages.\n"wink;

exit (exit_code);

}

(1) (Reply)

Help With A C Program Code To Solve A Differential Eqn Using Rungekutta 4th Ord / Cheap Courses In Western Ukraine Universities. / Blogger Account Theme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.