Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,150 members, 7,818,459 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:16 PM

How To Block Access To Some Websites In The Office Using Swift - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / How To Block Access To Some Websites In The Office Using Swift (4179 Views)

How To Block A Particular Number From Reaching You!? / Top 15 Free Classified Ads Websites In Nigeria You Can Take Advantage Of Today / Unlimited Internet Ascess Using Swift 4gig Lite Network. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Block Access To Some Websites In The Office Using Swift by sege73: 10:10am On Jan 22, 2015
Hi, i want to block some websites in my office on my swift router,how do i do it
Re: How To Block Access To Some Websites In The Office Using Swift by Nobody: 2:22am On Feb 23, 2016
Was trying to get this done when i came across this link. Here are the steps i took to get this done Hope this helps someone;

1. Open Windows Explorer and navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc. If Windows is not installed on C:, substitute the appropriate drive letter.

2. Double-click hosts, and select Notepad when Windows prompts you to choose a program. If you don't get the prompt, or if the hosts file opens in another program, open Notepad (Start, All Programs, Accessories, Notepad), and then navigate to hosts by clicking File, Open within Notepad.

3. Place the cursor at the end of the last line, which will say something such as '127.0.0.1 localhost' or '::1 localhost'. Press Enter to create a new line.

4. Type 127.0.0.1, tap the spacebar once, and then type the address of a website you want to block. For example, to block all traffic from YouTube, type 127.0.0.1 www.youtube.com on this line.

5. Continue to add the websites you wish to block, each prefaced with 127.0.0.1 and a space.

For swift router, you can get this done from the admin portal, follow the steps in this site i found https://forum..com/thread-9777.html

(1) (Reply)

2 In 1 Otg Flash Drive 32gb For As Low As N3000 / CAMERA/LENS & PHOTOGRAPHY EQUIPMENT @amazing Price / Neat Samsung S7 Edge For 60k Only.. Check Pictures..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.