Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,791 members, 7,810,060 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:44 PM

Appeal Uk Visa-settlement( Fiancee) Help! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Appeal Uk Visa-settlement( Fiancee) Help! (2071 Views)

Largest Yoruba Settlement In Togo - Atakpame / Should Nigerians Pay £3000 For UK Visa Bond?? / 3 Months And 1 Week Waiting For Uk Settlement Visa - Settlement Visa Posts Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Appeal Uk Visa-settlement( Fiancee) Help! by Pantsri: 7:00am On Dec 23, 2008
Appeal UK Visa-Settlement.

I lived in UK for nearly 10 years. Started with a student visa on 1998. In 2004, I applied for settlement but rejected (not refused) with the Home Office. 3 years later had not heard from the Home Office. I decided to withdrawn my application to go back to Thailand to re application, hope to be quicker but it was refused. I entered to the UK illegally, just because to be with my partner and later on, we broke up after 6 months when I returned to the UK.  embarassed

3 years later, I met a new partner and lived together for 7 months but I still kept my old flat because we were on probation of the relationships. That's why we didn't have the same address on our posts. I could change my address to where we lived together for "visas purposes" but I did not. However, I left the UK during immigration amnesty period to legalize my status in Thailand on June 2008. Of course, my application was refused again. Now I am force to appeal and it costs us money. We have invested in visa applications and 2 solicitors so much and the appeal is really expensive so we have decide to proceed ourselves from this website. Hope you guys could help us.

I was refused on;

1. The depth of our relationships on our testimony letter ( I think it's hard to write people feeling on paper myself) & no proofs of the same address in posts that we lived together. I am not sure that there is such a rule for fiancée visa needs to proof of the same address or council tax-change of rates that 2 people lived there? 
2. 6 months statements of my partner had gone to overdraft limit twice but for short period. He earns 3,000 pounds a month and overdraft limit was 1,900 pounds so an ECO suggested that we would seek public funds. We live in 2 bedrooms flat and we have very comfortable life. I was a manager back in UK too. I was in UK for 10 nearly years, why would I need public fund now?

3. My poor immigration history, Illegal entrance, I left the UK during the immigration amnesty period. Would this amnesty apply to me too as a fiancée visa?

What I need you guys to help me is I need to write a letter to against the decisions. If you have any suggests and comments please do so. We really appreciate anyone who would like to assist us on this important matter.

Thanks,
Re: Appeal Uk Visa-settlement( Fiancee) Help! by Nobody: 8:03am On Dec 23, 2008
You have made several mistakes although nobody is above the mistake . From my own point of view , it seems you need to declare the immigration status of both old and new wife here. Besides you took everything on your your hands without any legal advice all . Two heads are better than one when it comes to visa issues .
Imaging say " i am not sure that there is such a rule for fiancee visa needs to proof of the same address or council tax-change of rate that 2 people lived there"
At moment , you should concentrate on fiance visa and forget your past immigration history.Eco officer would have suggested anything to that but fortunately not. 10 years in UK unlawfully counts back to zero but 14 years in UK both lawful and unlawful count as long residence . Amnesty period is not applicable to you at all. Go for appeal or reapply and loose your appeal forever.
Please seek legal advice.
Re: Appeal Uk Visa-settlement( Fiancee) Help! by Pantsri: 8:57am On Dec 23, 2008
Thank you for your info. I forgot to say that I used 2 solicitors in different time but my case is tough. I assum that UK Visa has fixed outcome to my application. I will appeal. I was so 100 % honest of my immigration history in an interview but seemed doesn't help. UK doesn't more peopel coming in.

(1) (Reply)

BLACK THURSDAY! How The Otedola Bridge Accident Happened + New Details / A Visit To Russia's "Silicon Valley", Skolkovo. / Nigerian High Commission Canada (passport Application)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.