Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:40 AM

Exactly Ten Years Later, Unilag Formally Unbans Student Unionism This Morning. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Exactly Ten Years Later, Unilag Formally Unbans Student Unionism This Morning. (644 Views)

State Of Student Unionism In FUTMINNA / Student Unionism In Nigeria – The Pains And Gains / Today's Students' Unionism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Exactly Ten Years Later, Unilag Formally Unbans Student Unionism This Morning. by privatetisa(m): 12:26pm On Jan 23, 2015
Exactly ten years later, Unilag formally unbans student unionism this morning. Congratulations!
Just about now, the VC, Unilag, announced formally the unbanning of student unionism in the lagoon-side ivory tower.
He made the announcement during the 2014/5 matriculation ceremony.
He said the Dean, Students' Affairs Division, will immediately begin the preparation towards electing the union's exco members.
He went ahead to warn students about the need to absolutely avoid anything that can lead to banning the union again in the university - such as the one that warranted the university's authority to expel some students in the university and then went ahead to ban unionism.
I think this action of the school's management will make the VC, Prof Rahman A. Bello more popular among the students; this possibly not being the case before now.
Re: Exactly Ten Years Later, Unilag Formally Unbans Student Unionism This Morning. by morefire: 12:50pm On Jan 23, 2015
LIES WASNT THIS MORNING

HABA GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT IBEG
Re: Exactly Ten Years Later, Unilag Formally Unbans Student Unionism This Morning. by privatetisa(m): 1:29pm On Jan 23, 2015
morefire:
LIES WASNT THIS MORNING

HABA GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT IBEG

Then when? You that have the right info should have made it known and not just condemn.
Re: Exactly Ten Years Later, Unilag Formally Unbans Student Unionism This Morning. by morefire: 2:03pm On Jan 23, 2015
privatetisa:

Then when? You that have the right info should have made it known and not just condemn.

ok oh u sounded sure...

anyways for about 4 months,
Re: Exactly Ten Years Later, Unilag Formally Unbans Student Unionism This Morning. by privatetisa(m): 2:34pm On Jan 23, 2015
@ more fire, I now see that you don't know what you are talking about at all. But I wonder what you intend to gain by so doing.
The university's management and the students may have been in the negotiation table for than than a year, but I'm authoritatively restating it that it was around 12 noon today that the VC announced the unbanning.
Please, stop peddling lies here. Abeg!
I have created this thread to possibly instigate an intellectual 'jaw-jaw', suggestions and historical facts about effective students unionism.

(1) (Reply)

UNILORIN Remedial Admission List 2014/2015 Released / Inspirational Advice For Tertiary Institution Aspirants / Suggestions On HND Forms Pls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.