Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,124 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:44 PM

Liverpool Sign Current African Women's Player Of The Year, Asisat Oshoala. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Liverpool Sign Current African Women's Player Of The Year, Asisat Oshoala. (617 Views)

Asisat Oshoala Wows In Bikini At The Beach (Photos) / Eniola Aluko Wins Chelsea Women's Player Of The Year Award / Asisat Oshoala Wins 2014 GLO/CAF African Women Player Of The Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Liverpool Sign Current African Women's Player Of The Year, Asisat Oshoala. by chrisandy100(m): 1:21pm On Jan 23, 2015
The Women’s Super League Champions secured the signature of the highly rated 20 year-old Nigerian international from Nigerian Women’s Championship title winners, Rivers Angels.

Asisat is an explosive forward who was voted as the most valuable player at the U20 World Cup in Canada in 2014 finishing as the top goalscorer as the Falconets finished runners up to Germany.

Asisat also helped Rivers Angels to their first league title victory since 2010 as they beat Pelican Stars to the title as well as helping Rivers Angels to retain the Nigerian Women’s Cup.

Matt Beard’s side are currently preparing for the upcoming WSL and Champions League campaigns having retained the title on the final day in 2014.

Speaking of her move to Liverpool, Asisat said: “Since I began my football career I have always dreamt of being a professional footballer so to be able to join the reigning Women’s Super League champions is absolutely fantastic.

“Liverpool Ladies are a massive Club who have some fantastic players who I believe can help to develop my game to the next level. It was also a big incentive to be able to play in the Uefa Women’s Champions League which is a huge competition and one I’m confident we can do well in.”

Liverpool Ladies manager, Matt Beard said: “I’m absolutely thrilled to have signed Asisat as she is one of the World’s top young footballers. Asisat proved in the U20 World Cup what a top class talent she is and this signing is a big coup for us.

“The Women’s Super League continues to improve year after year so it is vital that we strengthen our squad following last season’s successful title defence. This signing is definitely one that the supporters can be extremely excited about.”

Links: http://ladies.liverpoolfc.com/news/reds_sign_nigerian_star_oshoala.html

Re: Liverpool Sign Current African Women's Player Of The Year, Asisat Oshoala. by simplemach(m): 1:23pm On Jan 23, 2015
Congrats to the young maiden
Re: Liverpool Sign Current African Women's Player Of The Year, Asisat Oshoala. by fair14: 1:24pm On Jan 23, 2015
Congratulations, but you would have gone for arsenal ladies or chelsea babes. Liverpool is a racist club. All the best
Re: Liverpool Sign Current African Women's Player Of The Year, Asisat Oshoala. by ddddon(m): 1:29pm On Jan 23, 2015
Great news , this and many more good news will come our way with GEJ as our president .
Re: Liverpool Sign Current African Women's Player Of The Year, Asisat Oshoala. by ramdris(m): 1:41pm On Jan 23, 2015
I wish dey can even push her into super chicken to replace Mikel slOBI
Re: Liverpool Sign Current African Women's Player Of The Year, Asisat Oshoala. by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jan 23, 2015
fair14:
Congratulations, but you would have gone for arsenal ladies or chelsea babes. Liverpool is a racist club. All the best

High post coming from a high fellow on weed!

Mohammad sissoko, diouf are all a cult hero-figure at Anfield!

Is Sakho not a black? Glen Johnson not a black, balotelli nko? Pls don't be dumb

What of our current striker? Daniel Sturridge is he a whiteman?

Silly comment from a derailed mind

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Sign Current African Women's Player Of The Year, Asisat Oshoala. by oladosuphemmy: 2:12pm On Jan 23, 2015
this shd make front page
Re: Liverpool Sign Current African Women's Player Of The Year, Asisat Oshoala. by Krasid(m): 2:14pm On Jan 23, 2015
Congrats to Oshoala.
Re: Liverpool Sign Current African Women's Player Of The Year, Asisat Oshoala. by chrisandy100(m): 3:04pm On Jan 23, 2015
So happy for her.
Re: Liverpool Sign Current African Women's Player Of The Year, Asisat Oshoala. by donbenie(m): 3:14pm On Jan 23, 2015
Congrats..the Labour of our Heros shall never be in vain..
Re: Liverpool Sign Current African Women's Player Of The Year, Asisat Oshoala. by Lovexme(m): 3:39pm On Jan 23, 2015
Welcome to the red half of Merseyside. #YNWA
Re: Liverpool Sign Current African Women's Player Of The Year, Asisat Oshoala. by gbengalite(m): 3:42pm On Jan 23, 2015
YNWA YNWA YNWA...
Re: Liverpool Sign Current African Women's Player Of The Year, Asisat Oshoala. by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jan 23, 2015
ok

(1) (Reply)

Real Madrid Exposed By Athletico. / C Ronaldo All Nigeria Fans To Vote For Apc / Nairabet Signup All Nairabet Members Must Log In Or Register Through This Link

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.