Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,166 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:22 AM

Programming Ethics. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Programming Ethics. (1391 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Programming Ethics. by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jan 23, 2015
Hey guys, let us discuss the above subject.
I am of the opinion that the fundamentals and basis of any program or project is HTML.
Let us discuss.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Programming_ethics
Re: Programming Ethics. by KazukiIto(m): 6:35pm On Jan 23, 2015
Why?
Re: Programming Ethics. by Celebrimbor(m): 12:30pm On Jan 24, 2015
Fundamental of any project or program is HTML?? How broda?
Re: Programming Ethics. by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jan 24, 2015
Celebrimbor:
Fundamental of any project or program is HTML?? How broda?
Hypertext mark up language is what I'd call the key that unlocks PHP and C+
Re: Programming Ethics. by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jan 24, 2015
This thread should be closed... U learned that HTML is what?? Oh Lawd... You ll be sentenced to death by hanging if u ask this on stack overflow..

1 Like

Re: Programming Ethics. by blueyedgeek(m): 3:46pm On Jan 24, 2015
In simpler terms, Brandnew2 is simply stating that for any new web (emphasis on web) project, the basic structure to get any site up and running is HTML. When you really think about it, in the end programming languages and other declarative languages (css) only serve to amp up the markup language.
Re: Programming Ethics. by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jan 24, 2015
Djangocode:
This thread should be closed... U learned that HTML is what?? Oh Lawd... You ll be sentenced to death by hanging if u ask this on stack overflow..
Thank God this is Nairaland and not stack overflow. grin

Watch it dude...your balls might end up in fire.
Re: Programming Ethics. by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jan 25, 2015
Djangocode:
You ll be sentenced to death by hanging if u ask this on stack overflow..
Lol..........true
Re: Programming Ethics. by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jan 26, 2015
Jregz:

Lol..........true

Lol..........False.
Re: Programming Ethics. by Nobody: 6:55am On Jan 28, 2015
I believe that if every programmer follow a certain code of conduct and ethical behaviour, there will be less incidence of unethical hacking and suicide attempts.
A good example is the case of Ymodulus' suicide attempt and Djangocode calling for the head of a fellow man.

Such behaviour should not be condoned in any programming community especially here on Nairaland else there will be occurrences of unexplainable deaths.
Re: Programming Ethics. by Nobody: 7:05am On Jan 28, 2015
blueyedgeek:
In simpler terms, Brandnew2 is simply stating that for any new web (emphasis on web) project, the basic structure to get any site up and running is HTML. When you really think about it, in the end programming languages and other declarative languages (css) only serve to amp up the markup language.
In addition to that, PHP which originally stands for personal home page is also a hyper text processor. So we can all note that there is one thing synonymous with HTML and PHP programming languages. They are both Hyper. cheesy

The cascading style sheets on it's own surely amp's up the markup language and the goal is to make the result more beautiful.
Re: Programming Ethics. by Fulaman198(m): 5:26pm On Feb 01, 2015
I learned HTML in 24 hours at the ripe age of 14 loll
Re: Programming Ethics. by MrFlexible(m): 10:19pm On Feb 01, 2015
of any...or you mean desktop web...in fact, HTML is for designs/layout, its ain't a programming lang...
Re: Programming Ethics. by Fulaman198(m): 12:02am On Feb 02, 2015
MrFlexible:
of any...or you mean desktop web...in fact, HTML is for designs/layout, its ain't a programming lang...

Depends on how you see it, it is still a programming language, just a very simple one like Basic, KOBOL and Fortran.
Re: Programming Ethics. by MrFlexible(m): 3:40am On Feb 02, 2015
Fulaman198:

Depends on how you see it, it is still a programming language, just a very < one like Basic, KOBOL and Fortran.

HTML is a language, at least it interacts with browsers, but its not a programming language..

or probably, its ur favorite programming lang??.
Re: Programming Ethics. by Fulaman198(m): 5:07am On Feb 02, 2015
MrFlexible:

HTML is a language, at least it interacts with browsers, but its not a programming language..

or probably, its ur favorite programming lang??.

No my favourite programming language is C++ or Java, though I don't even use them anymore. I remember using those languages the most in my first 2 years of Uni. Assembly was the language that I was partial about. Python and Perl they are ok as well. However, HTML is still a programming lang. Is it simple? yes I mastered in 24 hours at the age of 14 and built my first website.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Programming Ethics. by Nobody: 6:47pm On Mar 04, 2015
Fulaman198:

No my favourite programming language is C++ or Java, though I don't even use them anymore. I remember using those languages the most in my first 2 years of Uni. Assembly was the language that I was partial about. Python and Perl they are ok as well. However, HTML is still a programming lang. Is it simple? yes I mastered in 24 hours at the age of 14 and built my first website.

Thanks for you input bro!

I'd like to know your opinion on Hacking as a programmer....I'm not talking about phishing attacks or sending out malwares. I'm talking about hacking up bad azs web and mobile Apps..cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Simple Java Challenge / I Need A Native Mobile App Developer With Experience In Ionic And Angular JS / Dell Latitude E6430 Review

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.