Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,748 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:44 PM

What Not To Wear To A Wedding - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / What Not To Wear To A Wedding (1006 Views)

Lady Wore A Dress Made Of Money To A Wedding (Photos) / Lady Bullied For Wearing This Short Dress To A Wedding / What To Wear To Church: The Ankara Edition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Not To Wear To A Wedding by joehotnaija(m): 10:04pm On Jan 24, 2015
Groovy Friday: What Not To Wear To A Wedding

The weekend is almost here, and I’m sure we are getting ready to unwind and have fun.

Most of us would be attending wedding ceremonies this weekend, right? I think I hear ‘Yes’. So, let’s have a chat on outfits that shouldn’t be worn to weddings.

Fashion in its ever evolving nature has ruled out some of the things we took as norms with regards to wedding guest outfits. Previously, the rule was that only a bride should wear white on her wedding day, but that has changed. Now brides even dress their bridesmaids in white and sometimes ask their guests to dress in white too. (Remember Solange’s wedding). But I still know some people frown against this.

However colours aside, there are some outfits that are just not cool to be worn to weddings. I asked a few people and this is the list we came up with:

Ladies:

A very short dress
A very tight dress
A very tight and short dress
A super sparkly dress
Anything too loud or garish
A dress that exposes too much cleavage
Men

Jeans trousers
Sagging trousers
Shorts
A hooded shirt
A t-shirt
A tuxedo (only meant for the groom)
The overall idea when picking an outfit for a wedding is that what you wear should not outshine the bride or groom because its their 5day not yours. Also, don’t dress too casual or look out of place.

Dearest fashionistas, I’d love to know what you think. What are the outfits you shouldn’t wear to a wedding? What is the most ridiculous thing you’ve ever seen anyone wear to a wedding?

And, if you were a bride, would you like anyone to wear a white dress to your wedding?

Let’s discuss![right][/right][center][/center]

Re: What Not To Wear To A Wedding by remsonik(f): 10:12pm On Jan 24, 2015
Leggings shouldn't be worn to a wedding.
I wouldn't love anyone to wear white on my wedding day

(1) (Reply)

Make Ups Or Possitive Self Esteem. What Do Girls Need? / What Does Your Denim Say About YOU? / Smart Dress With Cool Air Compressor??? Like A Smart Phone In 3D

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.