Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,613 members, 7,809,245 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:36 AM

University Of Phoenix Stadium Home Of Superbowl XLIX (phoenix, Arizona) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / University Of Phoenix Stadium Home Of Superbowl XLIX (phoenix, Arizona) (3254 Views)

New England Patriots Win Super Bowl XLIX 2015 / Superbowl Sunday / Sports Prophesy. The Superbowl Of 1st Of February 2015 Will Not Take Place (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

University Of Phoenix Stadium Home Of Superbowl XLIX (phoenix, Arizona) by AmericanQueen: 6:07am On Jan 26, 2015
Re: University Of Phoenix Stadium Home Of Superbowl XLIX (phoenix, Arizona) by AmericanQueen: 8:45am On Jan 26, 2015
bump
Re: University Of Phoenix Stadium Home Of Superbowl XLIX (phoenix, Arizona) by A40(m): 8:06pm On Jan 26, 2015
This should be a Superbowl for the ages! The matchups are just mindblowing

Will Brady and Belichick finally get a 4th or will the relatively young upstart Russell Wilson who seems to be having a similar career trail to Brady win his 2nd Superbowl in 3 seasons

Kam Chancellor SS vs Gronkowski TE (Battle of behemoths in the middle)

Beastmode vs LeGarette Blount (Battle of two bruising running backs who simply pound the defence to submission)

Will Brady throw the ball Richard Sherman's way?

Will Wilson throw the ball Darelle Revis's way?

Who shines brighter between the underrated receivers on both teams

Many things to look out for. Sunday can't come soon enough

Key thing to note last time Brady played a Superbowl in this stadium (XLII) it ended in the most disappointing way possible. 18-0 became 18-1 with Plaxico Burress stealing it at the death
Re: University Of Phoenix Stadium Home Of Superbowl XLIX (phoenix, Arizona) by chic2pimp(m): 9:21pm On Jan 26, 2015
SUPERBOWL BABYYYYYYY!
A40:
This should be a Superbowl for the ages! The matchups are just mindblowing

Will Brady and Belichick finally get a 4th or will the relatively young upstart Russell Wilson who seems to be having a similar career trail to Brady win his 2nd Superbowl in 3 seasons

Kam Chancellor SS vs Gronkowski TE (Battle of behemoths in the middle)

Beastmode vs LeGarette Blount (Battle of two bruising running backs who simply pound the defence to submission)

Will Brady throw the ball Richard Sherman's way?

Will Wilson throw the ball Darelle Revis's way?

Who shines brighter between the underrated receivers on both teams

Many things to look out for. Sunday can't come soon enough

Key thing to note last time Brady played a Superbowl in this stadium (XLII) it ended in the most disappointing way possible. 18-0 became 18-1 with Plaxico Burress stealing it at the death

He is indeed following in Brady's path. Both weren't highly recruited coming out of college but have gone on to prove naysayers wrong.

You are forgetting the most important of all. The Battle of the Head coaches

BILL BELICHICK VS PETE CARROLL
Re: University Of Phoenix Stadium Home Of Superbowl XLIX (phoenix, Arizona) by A40(m): 10:49pm On Jan 26, 2015
chic2pimp:
SUPERBOWL BABYYYYYYY!

He is indeed following in Brady's path. Both weren't highly recruited coming out of college but have gone on to prove naysayers wrong.

You are forgetting the most important of all. The Battle of the Head coaches

BILL BELICHICK VS PETE CARROLL
Of course let's hope Bill does not get to his cheating ways again. Can't see myself rooting for the Patriots unless when they play the Ravens

chic2pimp:

I get you. Not taking anything away From Ice Cool Joe but those Niners teams were stacked. So where do u rate Peyton Manning in the Mt Rushmore of NFL Quarterbacks?

As things stand no but as u said, stranger things have happened. All it takes is a dip in form from one of them really
They had Jerry Rice yes but remember he won a Superbowl before Rice got drafted. As stacked as they might have been his play had never been in question. He played 4 Superbowls throwing 11 TD's and no INTs

To be honest after Peyton's play vs Baltimore 2 years ago, the last Superbowl and this year vs the Colts. Peyton Manning has no business being in Mt Rushmore

I'd choose

Joe Montana
Brett Favre
Troy Aikman
Tom Brady
Terry Bradshaw

Ahead of Peyton Manning
Re: University Of Phoenix Stadium Home Of Superbowl XLIX (phoenix, Arizona) by chic2pimp(m): 11:46pm On Jan 26, 2015
A40:

Of course let's hope Bill does not get to his cheating ways again. Can't see myself rooting for the Patriots unless when they play the Ravens

They had Jerry Rice yes but remember he won a Superbowl before Rice got drafted. As stacked as they might have been his play had never been in question. He played 4 Superbowls throwing 11 TD's and no INTs

To be honest after Peyton's play vs Baltimore 2 years ago, the last Superbowl and this year vs the Colts. Peyton Manning has no business being in Mt Rushmore

I'd choose

Joe Montana
Brett Favre
Troy Aikman
Tom Brady
Terry Bradshaw

Ahead of Peyton Manning

Na so u hate dem reach? Let's be honest with ourselves the pats would have still made it through with or without deflategate.

Not just talking about jerry here bro. Those niners teams had HOFamers there too. Lest I forget the mastermind behind it all the legendary Bill walsh with his west coast offence. Not taking anything away from montana though. He wasn't known as Joe Cool for nothing u know.

Not having your list bro. Aikman over Elway and Manning? Heck he wasn't even the greatest cowboy QB. That title belongs to Roger. On top of my head Unitas, Marino and steve young were better QBs . Granted Not as succesful but better nonetheless

In No particular order
Montana
Elway
Unitas
Brady
Manning just ahead of Favre
Re: University Of Phoenix Stadium Home Of Superbowl XLIX (phoenix, Arizona) by A40(m): 11:37pm On Jan 27, 2015
chic2pimp:

Na so u hate dem reach? Let's be honest with ourselves the pats would have still made it through with or without deflategate.

Not just talking about jerry here bro. Those niners teams had HOFamers there too. Lest I forget the mastermind behind it all the legendary Bill walsh with his west coast offence. Not taking anything away from montana though. He wasn't known as Joe Cool for nothing u know.

Not having your list bro. Aikman over Elway and Manning? Heck he wasn't even the greatest cowboy QB. That title belongs to Roger. On top of my head Unitas, Marino and steve young were better QBs . Granted Not as succesful but better nonetheless

In No particular order
Montana
Elway
Unitas
Brady
Manning just ahead of Favre
Of course I'm not disputing that but its embarrassing that they would resort to such cheap tactics. Brady has said in the past that he likes his 'balls' deflated. He cannot honestly say he didn't sense anything fishy

Doesn't matter how many HOF'ers they had! Joe Cool was the best player on the team as evidenced by his performances in the big dance

West Coast offense is not so easy to pull off just ask Phillip Rivers who even with LaDainian Tomlinson and Antonio Gates has nothing to show for it. You need an intelligent QB to execute

Pardon the oversight Elway should definitely be ahead of Aikman, Marino would have made the list but no Superbowl knocks him out of the discussion. Unitas threw too many interceptions and his pass completion is awful, but no chance in hell is Manning ahead of Aikman IMO never mind a warrior like Brett Favre

No big player has ever failed to perform when it mattered most quite like Manning,
Re: University Of Phoenix Stadium Home Of Superbowl XLIX (phoenix, Arizona) by omar22(m): 7:15am On Jan 28, 2015
Now thats what I call a stadium / Arena not the Uyo arena some people utter about
Re: University Of Phoenix Stadium Home Of Superbowl XLIX (phoenix, Arizona) by easyelliot(m): 9:28am On Jan 28, 2015
I think the Seahawks will pull off the "upset" over the patriots who, once again have the dark cloud of cheating hanging over them.

If my ravens hadn't chocked away our game we would be here instead of the patriots embarassed
Re: University Of Phoenix Stadium Home Of Superbowl XLIX (phoenix, Arizona) by A40(m): 6:32pm On Jan 28, 2015
easyelliot:
I think the Seahawks will pull off the "upset" over the patriots who, once again have the dark cloud of cheating hanging over them.

If my ravens hadn't chocked away our game we would be here instead of the patriots embarassed
I don't know if the Seahawks winning would be an upset. I don't see any major weakness in any side of the ball. Even at WR widely touted as a weakness Jermaine Kearse is a very solid play

Lol at your Ravens! I'm a Steeler so no love lost! Can't believe you guys pissed that game twice!
Re: University Of Phoenix Stadium Home Of Superbowl XLIX (phoenix, Arizona) by chic2pimp(m): 6:42pm On Jan 28, 2015
A40:

Of course I'm not disputing that but its embarrassing that they would resort to such cheap tactics. Brady has said in the past that he likes his 'balls' deflated. He cannot honestly say he didn't sense anything fishy
Yh he did. I think that's one of the reasons it's been blown out of proportion really. But they should have never have resorted to such cheap tactics.

A40:

Doesn't matter how many HOF'ers they had! Joe Cool was the best player on the team as evidenced by his performances in the big dance

West Coast offense is not so easy to pull off just ask Phillip Rivers who even with LaDainian Tomlinson and Antonio Gates has nothing to show for it. You need an intelligent QB to execute

It does mate. Hofamers basically means the team was stacked with greater players. We all know that highly increases your chances of winning the big one.

Never said it was bro. It requires extreme intelligence and accuracy. Then again using rivers as an example is a bit unfair. I have never considered him an elite QB. To me is in the mould of a Rommo. Very good QB and nothing more. Never mind Montana, he doesn't have the intelligence of a Brees.

A40:

Pardon the oversight Elway should definitely be ahead of Aikman, Marino would have made the list but no Superbowl knocks him out of the discussion. Unitas threw too many interceptions and his pass completion is awful, but no chance in hell is Manning ahead of Aikman IMO never mind a warrior like Brett Favre

No big player has ever failed to perform when it mattered most quite like Manning,

I get this a lot anytime i talk about Marino but what people tend to forget is that it is TEAMS not INDIVIDUALS that win championships not matter how influential that person is. When people look back at that era, no one considers those Dolphins team as a Great one. Great offense( Defence wins championship)perhaps but not a great team. Even a legendary player like Elway could not win the big one till the broncos signed Terell Davis. Speaking of TD, why isn't He in the HOF. Are the voters having a laugh?

Unitas granted did not have the most accurate of arms but i think you are failing to take into account the era he played. Also think you are doing manning a disservice here
Re: University Of Phoenix Stadium Home Of Superbowl XLIX (phoenix, Arizona) by A40(m): 12:12am On Jan 29, 2015
chic2pimp:

Yh he did. I think that's one of the reasons it's been blown out of proportion really. But they should have never have resorted to such cheap tactics.
We all know they would have won regardless which is what makes it all the more annoying. I'd be hoping for the Seahawks to give them their just desserts

chic2pimp:

It does mate. Hofamers basically means the team was stacked with greater players. We all know that highly increases your chances of winning the big one.
Michael Jordan also had Scottie and Rodman but you were never in doubt as to who the best player was. Being on a good team is not enough, Peyton Manning has been on a good team for 3 years nothing to show

chic2pimp:

Never said it was bro. It requires extreme intelligence and accuracy. Then again using rivers as an example is a bit unfair. I have never considered him an elite QB. To me is in the mould of a Rommo. Very good QB and nothing more. Never mind Montana, he doesn't have the intelligence of a Brees.
You gave the impression that it was the system and I only pointed out that the player made the system look good. And Rivers would agree with me

chic2pimp:

I get this a lot anytime i talk about Marino but what people tend to forget is that it is TEAMS not INDIVIDUALS that win championships not matter how influential that person is. When people look back at that era, no one considers those Dolphins team as a Great one. Great offense( Defence wins championship)perhaps but not a great team. Even a legendary player like Elway could not win the big one till the broncos signed Terell Davis. Speaking of TD, why isn't He in the HOF. Are the voters having a laugh?
Individuals can push their teams to greatness IMO. Brett Favre did miracles every night with a meh team.

Terell Davis definitely needs to be in the Hall of fame I agree

Elway was not on my initial list anyway. I'd still rate

Montana, Brady, Favre over him

chic2pimp:

Unitas granted did not have the most accurate of arms but i think you are failing to take into account the era he played. Also think you are doing manning a disservice here
His TD-INT ratio is laughable! There weren't so many elite players then plus he had a lot of charisma that boosted his image

Manning did himself a disservice by losing by a combined 7 TDs over the last two superbowls throwing duck after duck in games that matter
Re: University Of Phoenix Stadium Home Of Superbowl XLIX (phoenix, Arizona) by easyelliot(m): 1:38pm On Jan 29, 2015
A40:

I don't know if the Seahawks winning would be an upset. I don't see any major weakness in any side of the ball. Even at WR widely touted as a weakness Jermaine Kearse is a very solid play

Lol at your Ravens! I'm a Steeler so no love lost! Can't believe you guys pissed that game twice!

Why didn't u start by saying u were a Steelers fan?.......lol.....at least we showed up to beat y'all.....
Re: University Of Phoenix Stadium Home Of Superbowl XLIX (phoenix, Arizona) by A40(m): 6:54pm On Jan 29, 2015
easyelliot:

Why didn't u start by saying u were a Steelers fan?.......lol.....at least we showed up to beat y'all.....
Fair enuff with lots of dubious calls on the way

But the playoff head to head is still 3-1 in favor of Black n Gold
Re: University Of Phoenix Stadium Home Of Superbowl XLIX (phoenix, Arizona) by chic2pimp(m): 9:06pm On Jan 29, 2015
A40:

Fair enuff with lots of dubious calls on the way

But the playoff head to head is still 3-1 in favor of Black n Gold

Keep forgetting u are steeler. Don't know why i have u down as a cowboy? Probably because u support the mavericks.

BigBen or Eli? Did u lot make the right choice in 04?
Re: University Of Phoenix Stadium Home Of Superbowl XLIX (phoenix, Arizona) by chic2pimp(m): 9:29pm On Jan 29, 2015
A40:

We all know they would have won regardless which is what makes it all the more annoying. I'd be hoping for the Seahawks to give them their just desserts
I can only think of one reason why I'd want the pats to loose. That's to hear Giselle whine again about how her husband got no protection from his defensive line.

A40:

Michael Jordan also had Scottie and Rodman but you were never in doubt as to who the best player was. Being on a good team is not enough, Peyton Manning has been on a good team for 3 years nothing to show
You gave the impression that it was the system and I only pointed out that the player made the system look good. And Rivers would agree with me
Individuals can push their teams to greatness IMO. Brett Favre did miracles every night with a meh team.
Terell Davis definitely needs to be in the Hall of fame I agree

But basketball is more of a one man team sport than footy. We know of the countless amount of times one man has taken over a match. That's hardly ever the case with football. We saw peyton lead the not so spetacular Colts to SB victory. I think u could cut him some slack. I think it is both ways really(system makes players look good and vice versa). Remember what Phil Jackson's triangle offense did to MJ's career?

Never ever disputed Great players can push teams to greatness. They've got the xfactor. If anyother alsoran gets inducted before TD, i'll start my own campaign

A40:

Elway was not on my initial list anyway. I'd still rate
Montana, Brady, Favre over him
His TD-INT ratio is laughable! There weren't so many elite players then plus he had a lot of charisma that boosted his image
Manning did himself a disservice by losing by a combined 7 TDs over the last two superbowls throwing duck after duck in games that matter
I have only Montana over him right now.
Again u fail to take into account the era he plyed his trade in. The NFL has gotten more and more QB friendly over the years..That goes without saying his goodlooks helped.

Whilst He might have played below par in the SB, we ought to remember they would not have been there without him. Still has a ring and an SB MVP to show for his effort still
Re: University Of Phoenix Stadium Home Of Superbowl XLIX (phoenix, Arizona) by A40(m): 11:35pm On Jan 29, 2015
chic2pimp:

I can only think of one reason why I'd want the pats to loose. That's to hear Giselle whine again about how her husband got no protection from his defensive line.
Can only root for the Pats when they are playing the Ravens

chic2pimp:

But basketball is more of a one man team sport than footy. We know of the countless amount of times one man has taken over a match. That's hardly ever the case with football. We saw peyton lead the not so spetacular Colts to SB victory. I think u could cut him some slack. I think it is both ways really(system makes players look good and vice versa). Remember what Phil Jackson's triangle offense did to MJ's career?
Ha! I'm not sure Lebron would agree with you! Pierce, Garnett, Allen had to align together to win a ring. While I agree football is less of a one man sport I believe you can tell when a player should not be held responsible for a loss. With Peyton Manning there are lots of losses you can point out and say he did nothing to help his team win. In the very recent past I would give you three examples

2012 divisional playoffs vs Ravens (at home)
2013 Superbowl vs Seahawks
2014 divisional playoffs vs Colts (at home)

Lemme not dig up more! Moral of the story: When it matters most Peyton would always let you down

You say the Colts were not spectacular? They had an elite receiver in Marvin Harrison, they had Edgerrin James an elite rusher, Dallas Clark at tight end

Robert Mathis on the defensive side! Even in the SB Peyton was not spectacular

chic2pimp:

Never ever disputed Great players can push teams to greatness. They've got the xfactor. If anyother alsoran gets inducted before TD, i'll start my own campaign
The process is hazy and dubious! Maybe they looked at his limited longevity but TD should definitely be in the HOF along with my man Jerome Bettis (he made the last 15 this year anyway)

chic2pimp:

I have only Montana over him right now.
Again u fail to take into account the era he plyed his trade in. The NFL has gotten more and more QB friendly over the years..That goes without saying his goodlooks helped.
Lol what does QB friendliness have to do with the truckload of Interceptions and incompleted passes he had?

chic2pimp:

Whilst He might have played below par in the SB, we ought to remember they would not have been there without him. Still has a ring and an SB MVP to show for his effort still
True but too many QB's I'd rate over Manning! Its not just the losses its how he loses
Re: University Of Phoenix Stadium Home Of Superbowl XLIX (phoenix, Arizona) by A40(m): 2:40pm On Feb 02, 2015
Ohh man! What an awesome game! I wanted the Seahawks to win tbh but you can't take it away from Tom Brady who engineered a comeback for the ages! Any lesser player would have checked out mentally after throwing two picks but not him. I personally am embarrassed that I ever compared Manning to him cos the difference is clear.

The catch from Kearse at the end. Russell's pick at the end, Sherman's shenanigans

Now about Russell's pick, why oh why did they call a pass when it was merely 2nd down with 26 seconds to go and a timeout remaining bearing in mind earlier in the game they only needed 29 seconds to score a touchdown plus they have the most bruising roughest, toughest Beastmode in the game. If I'm a Seahawks fan that Offensive Coordinator has lots of explaining to do. They never did establish a short passing game which hurt them in the 4th. Sometimes you have to take what the defense gives you

The brawl at the end was just RJKDWQEGGAXBDSWTTY
Re: University Of Phoenix Stadium Home Of Superbowl XLIX (phoenix, Arizona) by A40(m): 5:13pm On Feb 02, 2015
Still looking at that play again and I am still curious as to what legion of demons entered that Offensive Coordinator's head and made him pass instead of running with 2nd and 1 and loads of time left even worse how did Caroll agree to such a ret@rded, eediotic and phucktardious play

Now on to Sherman lol from the 'U Mad Bro?' And Etherization of Michael Crabtree fame. Why he began talking smack while the game was still on is beyond me. We've seen many Superbowl comebacks that you would expect him to know better. Brady and co. were motivated enough so why Sherman felt the need to give them fuel I do not know. Plus your team came from the dead barely two weeks ago surely he should have known better. I like his brash persona but some days God himself makes it a duty to treat your phuckup

(1) (Reply)

Messi Rocks Nigerian Jersey During Super Eagles Against Iceland (photos) / Why UEFA Paid Real Madrid £540'000 After Ronaldo's Hat-trick / Emmanuel Adebayor’s Fleet Of Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.