Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:06 AM

Gunshot Injury - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Gunshot Injury (559 Views)

The Gunshot Injury Law And The Tragic Death Of Kelechi Ibezunma!!! / Bennet Ifekandu-Omalu Honored By Xavier University For Discovering Brain Injury / IGP Directs Hospitals To Treat Gunshot Victims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gunshot Injury by mega13(m): 4:32pm On Jan 26, 2015
My fellow nairalanders pls I sincerly solicite a professional advice here, due to the fact that my very close police friend was shot on his rigth lap at a close range by his colleague sometime November last year 2014, in the process he was taken to a private hospital ( NHIS accredited) for treatment which he was discharged and was told to be coming in for dressing ; much improvement was recorded not until resently when he began to notice ache (pains) from the injury during which flu started coming out ; more so,raches now corver almost all part of the skin.
Patient now rehospitalized for medical therapy. Pls I need a useful advice because I don't want to loose my love one
Re: Gunshot Injury by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jan 26, 2015
Dear mega13,

It sounds like your friend here has developed infection at the site of the gun shot wound. He probably needs IV abx, pain control and wound care.

If s/he is already is re-admitted to hospital, then let them take care of him.

Just pay visit and just be there for him at this time.

Why are you worried you will loose him, is he crashing or?

1 Like

Re: Gunshot Injury by adanduka: 4:47pm On Jan 26, 2015
Let the doctors do their job, support them and your friend with your prayers

1 Like

Re: Gunshot Injury by PapiWata: 7:10pm On Jan 26, 2015
adanduka:
Let the doctors do their job, support them and your friend with your prayers

If he still has shotgun pellets in his flesh, the doctors will need to remove them to prevent blood poisoning from the lead pellets.

If he was hit with a rifle round at close range, one would assume there is an exit wound and there is[b] no [/b]metal left in his body, but that wound will still lead to serious complications if it not handled well by medical professionals.

How the ffuck did he get shot by a colleague ? Are they military men or police ?
I notice that Nigerian policemen do point their guns in unsafe directions all the time, so this incident is no surprise.

Gun Safety 101 : Never point your weapon at anything you do not intend to shoot, and keep the muzzle pointed directly up at the sky or down at the ground at ALL times, EVEN IF it is not loaded.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

7 Simple Ways You Can Prevent Cancer / Killing Mosquitoes With Technology / Instant Hand Sanitizing Sprays - 3 Pack (3 X 10 ML) Available (2,400 Packs)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.