Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,322 members, 7,819,101 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:19 AM

Do NOT Throw Away The Eggshells Again! - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Do NOT Throw Away The Eggshells Again! (1532 Views)

10 Incredible Reasons Why You Shouldn't Throw Away Orange Peels / 10 Reasons Why You Should Not Throw Away Your Orange Peels / You Won't Throw Away Rice Water Again After Reading This! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do NOT Throw Away The Eggshells Again! by diet234: 7:29pm On Jan 26, 2015
As you already know, eggs are a very common staple food in Nigeria and the world at large. The fact that it is a primary condiment in the making of most of our confections (confectioneries) and snack foods is further proof of it’s high consumption.

It is no doubt a very necessary appetizer prior to main course meals, it is tasty whichever way you choose to serve it; whether as fried eggs (my best), boiled eggs, baked or as omelets and many more. It is a high protein and fatty food, hence most hypertensive as advised to consume minimally due to the danger of building up fat sedimentation in blood vessels.

Well, I wanted to leave out all the juiciness and tastiness of the wholesome part of the egg and talk about “he who is usually neglected” – the eggshell. The eggshell has got to get some credit! It’s about time we get more acquainted with its awesome role and benefits asides that it keeps the wholesome part protected.

Eggshells present healthy, balanced calcium due to trace amounts of other minerals contained in it. Eggshell calcium is probably the best natural source of calcium, and it is easier for your body to digest and absorb.

Find out research reports here - http://diet234.com/do-not-throw-away-eggshells/

Re: Do NOT Throw Away The Eggshells Again! by smsshola(m): 7:45pm On Jan 26, 2015
Hmmm...ds story na wa.

1 Like

Re: Do NOT Throw Away The Eggshells Again! by Emmyk(m): 8:14pm On Jan 26, 2015
So u eat the egg whole after boiling? lol

1 Like

Re: Do NOT Throw Away The Eggshells Again! by diet234: 8:23pm On Jan 26, 2015
@Emmyk yes I eat the yolk and eggwhite, then i keep the shells for crushing later. They are an excellent source of minerals especially calcium.
@smsshola na real wa o!! lol
Re: Do NOT Throw Away The Eggshells Again! by Emmyk(m): 10:13pm On Jan 26, 2015
diet234:
@Emmyk yes I eat the yolk and eggwhite, then i keep the shells for crushing later. They are an excellent source of minerals especially calcium.
@smsshola na real wa o!! lol

Wow! That's amazing.
Way back , we collected egg shells, used mortal n pestle to grind it and mum used it to wash backs of pots. It worked well for that too. smiley

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

10 Important Nutrients Every Woman Needs / Do you still eat TURKEY/CHICKEN? / Snails For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.