Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,295 members, 7,839,456 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:34 PM

Christians State Your Reason For Believing In GOD - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians State Your Reason For Believing In GOD (5087 Views)

What Is Your Reason Of Going To Church Today. / Ese Walter Denounces Jesus, Says She No Longer Believes In God / Why Don't Scientists Believe In God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christians State Your Reason For Believing In GOD by johnydon22(m): 9:12pm On Feb 09, 2015
Hiswordxray:

Philosophy may be good but it lack power.
Knowledge may be helpful but without life it is useless (Christ is the life).
You can preach philosophy from now till the next twenty year but it will only accomplish very little good.
Humans had known morality for years but find it very difficult to follow.

The problem is the nature of man (it is evil) and no amount of philosophy, moral laws or even religion could change it.
But Christ have come to give us God's nature.

The life of God is the solution we've been looking for.
If you want to see people change and life transformed then give them Christ (not religion, not moral law or ethical code, not even philosophy).
My dear i do not know what you are trying so hard to assert here.

You may not be moral without the concept of christ or God but that is you.

I on the other is as moral as any human possibly can be and i do not believe that my morality stems from any deity or creed, i believe it stems from my humanity.

That is the difference between you and i; You believe your morality stems from the supernatural or a deity and you expect reward and hope to escape punishment after you are dead But i know my morality is from my humanity and i do not believe it has anything to do with the supernatural or deity neither do i expect any reward or hope to escape punishment, i am moral because it is good.

Morality is not distinctively christian either is it islamic or any religion.
Morality is human, it belongs to no ism.
and it does not depend for foundation upon any supernatural, upon any book or creed.
Morality itself is a foundation...
Be Good For Goodness Sake

1 Like

Re: Christians State Your Reason For Believing In GOD by Nobody: 9:56pm On Feb 09, 2015
johnydon22:

I on the other is as moral as any human possibly can be and i do not believe that my morality stems from any deity or creed, i believe it stems from my humanity.
That is the difference between you and i; You believe your morality stems from the supernatural or a deity and you expect reward and hope to escape punishment after you are dead But i know my morality is from my humanity and i do not believe it has anything to do with the supernatural or deity neither do i expect any reward or hope to escape punishment, i am moral because it is good.
and it does not depend for foundation upon any supernatural, upon any book or creed.
you atheists lost the debate
Re: Christians State Your Reason For Believing In GOD by frank317: 10:07pm On Feb 09, 2015
Amhappy:
Good job,for returning peace @ johnydon22.

@Oga Frank317 i see you enter this section blazing very very hot(didnt know this side of you existed lol). The kind of arguement for this section no suit me at all. Running back to family section abeg.

Lol... Hmmm if u want to hear my story u can hala at me at xtfranks005@gmail.com. the PM thingy does not work
Re: Christians State Your Reason For Believing In GOD by frank317: 10:08pm On Feb 09, 2015
timonski:

How? I thought he made so much sense
Re: Christians State Your Reason For Believing In GOD by johnydon22(m): 10:09pm On Feb 09, 2015
timonski:
What has any debate got to do with all i just typed now? embarassed wooow... Ok good you won the debate ...weldone bro(Tho i dont even know the debate you are talking about here)
Re: Christians State Your Reason For Believing In GOD by johnydon22(m): 10:13pm On Feb 09, 2015
frank317:

How? I thought he made so much sense
I absolutely have no idea the debate he is talking about bro! embarassed
Re: Christians State Your Reason For Believing In GOD by Esiri111(m): 6:54am On Feb 10, 2015
JMAN05:

Life comes from a pre-existing life.

The existence of our universe must issue from a supernatural power.

In short it makes no sense to say there is no God, unless that person's brain isn't working.
I believe You.
Re: Christians State Your Reason For Believing In GOD by Esiri111(m): 6:56am On Feb 10, 2015
Elevation:
Esiri111 I know Him.He is the BEST entity that can ever happen to a mortal, do you know i really enjoy the AUTHORITY IN JESUS IF YOU GO SPIRITUAL YOU'LL KNOW MY BROTHER SEE TONIGHT U CAN START EXPERIENCING THAT AUTHORITY CALL ON HIM JESUS IS EVERYWHERE I TELL YOU DO YOU KNOW HE SMILES TOO HE FROWNS SEE HIM AS A PAL OO.
Yeah
Re: Christians State Your Reason For Believing In GOD by Hiswordxray(m): 12:50pm On Feb 10, 2015
johnydon22:

What I'm saying is that morality is useless. Human had known morality for a very long time but yet we find it very difficult to follow.

Good is a life form and knowledge of good doesn't give you the ability to do it. It only cause you to try to be good.

Each animal has it's nature and certain characteristics spring fort from that nature. For example a lion is usually a good predator, a rabbit is good at digging tunnels, a monkey is an expert tree climber etc. So also God is good at being good but human only have knowledge of good and trying to do this good. A human trying to be good is like a lion trying to be an expert tree climber (like a monkey). The lion may become very good in climbing trees compered with other lion but it can never be as good as a monkey.

Hence knowing good is useless and the knowledge of morality is unproductive.
I am good because I have the life of God in me. I'm not trying to be good but I'm naturally good. It my nature because it is God's nature.

God is the one that is good, the best way to be good is not gathering knowledge of good but it is having the life form (which is "good"wink
Re: Christians State Your Reason For Believing In GOD by johnydon22(m): 1:37pm On Feb 10, 2015
Hiswordxray:

What I'm saying is that morality is useless. Human had known morality for a very long time but yet we find it very difficult to follow.

Good is a life form and knowledge of good doesn't give you the ability to do it. It only cause you to try to be good.

Each animal has it's nature and certain characteristics spring fort from that nature. For example a lion is usually a good predator, a rabbit is good at digging tunnels, a monkey is an expert tree climber etc. So also God is good at being good but human only have knowledge of good and trying to do this good. A human trying to be good is like a lion trying to be an expert tree climber (like a monkey). The lion may become very good in climbing trees compered with other lion but it can never be as good as a monkey.

I am good because I have the life of God in me. I'm not trying to be good but I'm naturally good. It my nature because it is God's nature.

God is the one that is good, the best way to be good is not gathering knowledge of good but it is having the life form (which is "good"wink
@The bolded.... you know what? ... am through with you on the matter, their is nothing to be said that have not already been said... it is left for the people reading it to see who is right here.

You may believe ur humanity to be ur weakness, sin, broken and ur enemy.
that is for you.

My humanity is my greatest strength, it is good, wonderful and my greatest ally.

Good is not an entity, neither do you need any supernatural idea to be good.

Be well my bro... we are through with the discussion!!!
Be Good for goodness sake thats all i have to say to you...
Re: Christians State Your Reason For Believing In GOD by Hiswordxray(m): 2:12pm On Feb 10, 2015
johnydon22:

@The bolded.... you know what? ... am through with you on the matter, their is nothing to be said that have not already been said... it is left for the people reading it to see who is right here.

You may believe ur humanity to be ur weakness, sin, broken and ur enemy.
that is for you.

My humanity is my greatest strength, it is good, wonderful and my greatest ally.

Good is not an entity, neither do you need any supernatural idea to be good.

Be well my bro... we are through with the discussion!!!
Be Good for goodness sake thats all i have to say to you...
Well, I have shown you the way out but if you think by trying hard to be good you with actually achieve true goodness then you are deceiving yourself.

Maybe when you have tried and tried to be good you would realize how much of a failure you are. And then you would summit to the one who is good in Himself.
Re: Christians State Your Reason For Believing In GOD by johnydon22(m): 2:16pm On Feb 10, 2015
Hiswordxray:

Well, I have shown you the way out but if you think by trying hard to be good you with actually achieve true goodness then you are deceiving yourself.

Maybe when you have tried and tried to be good you would realize how much of a failure you are. And then you would summit to the one who is good in Himself.
Oh meeeehn...
smh....
ok we are done sir...Thank You
Re: Christians State Your Reason For Believing In GOD by Nobody: 4:59pm On Feb 10, 2015
Esiri111:
As a Christian Why Do You Believe in This Truth of GOD.
The exemplary life of the Saints throughout the ages of persecution. Their unwillingness to deny Christ in the face of death from the evil Roman Emperors like Diocletian. Look at St Agnes and St Perpetua, all the matyr Popes of Rome from St Peter, 33 of them dying for the witness of Christ. Visit the Roman catacombs and witness the perseverance. All this blood of the martyrs and wisdom of the Saints just inspire in me a steadfast belief in God. Thank u and God bless u for asking.
Re: Christians State Your Reason For Believing In GOD by frank317: 5:19pm On Feb 10, 2015
Hiswordxray:

You have the life of God in you? Lol... That was a joke right? So now, I am talking to a semi creator? As in... U are now somehow omini present, all knowing and perfect (somehowoooo).

So what kind of good are you since u now have the life of the creator in you? What's different from your good and nelson Mandela's
Re: Christians State Your Reason For Believing In GOD by oyeludef(m): 7:47pm On Feb 10, 2015
I believe in God cos it is only logical to do so. If there is a creature there will always b a creator. D order in which nature exist point to d fact that someone is behind it creation. Take a banana for example, it is shaped so it can fit perfectly with the palm wen held.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A Much Better Explanation Of Evolution / End Time: Sky Came Down Very Near The Roof In Kuwait [video] / The Sabbath -What day is this?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.